Bengals Free Agency Thread.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Geno has been released 

Got me in my feels way more than AJ.   Arguably the best at the position in his prime.  Never felt that way about AJ, sure he was top 10 but I wouldn't claim best WR in the NFL at any point.  For a stretch there Geno was as good as anybody. 

Hope he manages a couple more nice seasons wherever he lands.   It's going to take a lot to convince me it was all the defensive vets that were the problem and not Anyrando.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Got me in my feels way more than AJ.   Arguably the best at the position in his prime.  Never felt that way about AJ, sure he was top 10 but I wouldn't argue best WR in the NFL at any point.  For a stretch there Geno was as good as anybody. 

Hope he manages a couple more nice seasons wherever he lands.   It's going to take a lot to convince me it was all the defensive vets that were the problem and not Anyrando.

Same. Geno in his prime was arguably the best DT in the league. It was him and Suh, and Geno wasn't dirty.

Got me in my feels way more than AJ.   Arguably the best at the position in his prime.  Never felt that way about AJ, sure he was top 10 but I wouldn't argue best WR in the NFL at any point.  For a stretch there Geno was as good as anybody. 

Go watch the career highlight package they just put up on bengals.com.  Some great memories in there.

The thing that'll always stick with me is - when a team made the mistake of pissing him off, he took the game into his hands and nobody - certainly one-on-one - could dream of stopping him.  He made so many 340-pound monsters look like little boys, man... as someone who played mostly d-line it hyped me up like nothing else with the Bengals.

54 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Looking at the overall board I think this means we traded up from the 231st pick in the 7th to 200 in the 6th?  We didn't get any comp picks and we own one of the Seahawks' 7th rounders, but I've never seen it confirmed anywhere which one of those Seahawk picks we got (theirs or the Lions', which they own), but neither of those matches up "30 spots" with a Texans pick that I can see.

I believe that is how it is going down, yes. I completely can't figure out why Houston did this.

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

So the Bengals are jockeying to pick Pitts and

best OL available in round 2.  Pref a Guard.

OT first round next year.

Why would you wait to take an OT wherever in the first round next year?  Why not get Sewell anyway?

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Why would you wait to take an OT wherever in the first round next year?  Why not get Sewell anyway?

Bengalthink...

They now have two solid OT's (supposedly)

Pitts is a "generational" tight end and a great target for Joe for the next X years.

Reiff is a bridge OT, get a replacement next year.

Maybe a quality one will fall to the second round... dunno.

10 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Bengalthink...

They now have two solid OT's (supposedly)

Pitts is a "generational" tight end and a great target for Joe for the next X years.

Reiff is a bridge OT, get a replacement next year.

Maybe a quality one will fall to the second round... dunno.

Actually that all seems pretty logical to me.

Get a generational-type talent at 5 and then a starting caliber OL at 38. I just don’t see the downside in that. They’ll likely sign at least one more OL in FA and it’s not like they drafted Adjenii last year to not develop. 

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Only a one year deal?  That makes me think Sewell is still in play. 

He sure as hell should be, the time to draft a guy is before you're ass-out & desperate.  That way if (I know this is crazy but stick with me) the player isn't the best thing ever just because you drafted him in the top 5, or somehow can't stay healthy (again pretty crazy talk there I know) you aren't stuck trading for the likes of Cordy Glenn because you have no other options.

Imagine draft picks having to earn their starting position instead of being told through the media 2 months before the actual draft..  Maybe we could even decide who the best 2 OT's are between JW-Reiff-Sewell and then play them? I know it's not the Bengals Way and it could make the loser of those 3 multimillionaires have a sad day but I'd like to give it a shot anyway.

He sure as hell should be, the time to draft a guy is before you're ass-out & desperate.  That way if (I know this is crazy but stick with me) the player isn't the best thing ever just because you drafted him in the top 5, or somehow can't stay healthy (again pretty crazy talk there I know) you aren't stuck trading for the likes of Cordy Glenn because you have no other options.

Imagine draft picks having to earn their starting position instead of being told through the media 2 months before the actual draft..  Maybe we could even decide who the best 2 OT's are between JW-Reiff-Sewell and then play them? I know it's not the Bengals Way and it could make the loser of those 3 multimillionaires have a sad day but I'd like to give it a shot anyway.

Why are under the delusion that the only way you can get a starter on the OL is by taking him in the top 5? 

That would be cool but everyone seems to be fixated on a "pass catching TE" aka a big WR that can block ok.  That's a yikes from me dawg.

They have Sample to block. Pitts is pure weapon. 

Archived