Bengals Free Agency Thread.

1 minute ago, crazycat said:

Or Maybe JB got in the ear of someone, and said " I WANT CHASE". 

That wouldn't surprise me tbh.   I think it'd be a reach but considering how this organization did him last year there's something to be said for keeping the man happy.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Houston is such a hot mess

Nobody down here knows what the hell is going on. Been that way since the old man passed. Traded Hopkins last season, now notable failed mayoral candidate and shitball Tony Buzbee is leading the charge for the sexual assault allegations against Deshaun Watson... is it because he wants to be traded, or has he been assaulting women this whole time?

There is very little hope in these parts. I'm not sad about it.

37 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Why are under the delusion that the only way you can get a starter on the OL is by taking him in the top 5? 

This OT class is so deep that grabbing one in the 2nd and taking a "skill" guy in the first should absolutely be in play.

40 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Slater may not be  reach at 5

I'm  fine with grabbing him at 5 (tho I'd prefer to trade down a couple spots and pick up and extra 3 and grab him there), put him at RG and maybe move him to T next year. Grab someone like Basham in he 2nd, and the third round get your TE or WR (or better yet more linemen). Fix the trenches and work your way out.

6 minutes ago, Cat said:

Nobody down here knows what the hell is going on. Been that way since the old man passed. Traded Hopkins last season, now notable failed mayoral candidate and shitball Tony Buzbee is leading the charge for the sexual assault allegations against Deshaun Watson... is it because he wants to be traded, or has he been assaulting women this whole time?

There is very little hope in these parts. I'm not sad about it.

I just heard about this yesterday, WTF is going on with that? I don't remember ever hearing that Watson had a history of being a total  shitbag but I really don't keep up with the Texans

23 minutes ago, ChicagoBengal said:

This OT class is so deep that grabbing one in the 2nd and taking a "skill" guy in the first should absolutely be in play.

and how has this logic worked over the past 20 years?  just what we need another skill player to be down the field looking back to see the qb  getting hit 

8 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

and how has this logic worked over the past 20 years?  just what we need another skill player to be down the field looking back to see the qb  getting hit 

You too? You really don’t think we can get a starting caliber OL in the 2nd?

I can absolutely guarantee that you can’t get anyone like Kyle Pitts in the 2nd. 
Plus, I’m willing to bet that that they’re not done in FA with the OL yet. 

22 minutes ago, gupps said:

I just heard about this yesterday, WTF is going on with that? I don't remember ever hearing that Watson had a history of being a total  shitbag but I really don't keep up with the Texans

Nobody has, until now. He's been the face of H-E-B (Texas massive grocery store chain), among other things - never heard a bad word about the guy. Obviously one sexual assault allegation is enough, and the investigation NEEDS to happen asap, much less 5 or 6 or whatever the number is up to now - but the fact that Buzbee is representing them just makes your skin crawl. Dude is a huge douchebag.

Houston Super Lawyer Tony Buzbee Asks Girlfriend to Marry Him Aboard His  154-Foot Yacht, Private Fireworks Included

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

You too? You really don’t think we can get a starting caliber OL in the 2nd?

I can absolutely guarantee that you can’t get anyone like Kyle Pitts in the 2nd. 
Plus, I’m willing to bet that that they’re not done in FA with the OL yet. 

i hope your right and i hope we do .  but how many times do they take the shiney skill player and go to the season with what we can find lineman? 

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Pitts is much bigger, much more athletic, with a much bigger catch radius. 
Second best overall player in this draft class. 

Vernon Davis: 6'3". 248 lbs

Kyle Pitts: 6'6", 239 lbs

So, y'know, almost 10 lbs lighter at 3 inches taller.  He's in fact smaller, in that sense.

Like I said.. Hype train out of control on this guy.

7 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

i hope your right and i hope we do .  but how many times do they take the shiney skill player and go to the season with what we can find lineman? 

how many times have they attacked FA like they have the last two years?

Archived