Bengals Free Agency Thread.

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

He's not really a "TE", he's simply a giant mismatch.

That's usually what that means, a big possession receiver with freak speed. 

"Mismatch" is a big word at the NFL level though.  EG, you don't think Bates could cover this guy?

So, this is part of why so many of us were so adamant about Burrow last year and not trading down...

After Reiff pushed away from the table with Burrow and Bengals defensive end Sam Hubbard, Reiff had made up his mind. 'I went away from eating that steak and I was like I want to block for this guy,' Reiff said. 'Seeing him on the film, but he's even better off the field.'"

hobson

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Seems like only yesterday when no one would be able to cover John Ross...  how time flies :D

Nobody at all thought that.

Just like no one at all wanted him where they got him other than Mike Brown.

This isn't even remotely like that. 

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

So, this is part of why so many of us were so adamant about Burrow last year and not trading down...

If he holds that much sway now, wait until he's been around for a bit and put some skins on the wall.   

The worm is turning my friend. 

2 hours ago, stryker57 said:

and how has this logic worked over the past 20 years?  just what we need another skill player to be down the field looking back to see the qb  getting hit 

Yes ..

i Keep saying receivers arent going to protect his legs...

I can see both sides, there has been a lot of 1st rd OL that never got to the expected level that the “professionals” thought they would, and a lot of good Olines that have few or any 1st rounders.  I like Pitts and Sewell, and don’t mind if they go either way, but I remember a lot of coaches that say thatcyou build a line first.

9 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

I can see both sides, there has been a lot of 1st rd OL that never got to the expected level that the “professionals” thought they would, and a lot of good Olines that have few or any 1st rounders.  I like Pitts and Sewell, and don’t mind if they go either way, but I remember a lot of coaches that say thatcyou build a line first.

Game is won in the trenches. Fill out both O and Dlines imho

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Is there really any particular reason that they can't have both?

Serious question.

Not at all...

First. Draft your foundation to protect JB..

Then go get your gadgets...

In that order...

Runners and  wideouts like the extra time..

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Not at all...

First. Draft your foundation to protect JB..

Then go get your gadgets...

In that order...

Runners and  wideouts like the extra time..

It absolutely does not have to be that way.

You know damn well that Pitts at 5 and Leatherwood, Eichenberg or Cosmi at 38 works just fine. They've got a dependable starter at RT with Reiffer now, if he goes down for some reason those guys are good enough to step in early if needed. Reiffer has been pretty f'ng durable in his career though, so..

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

It absolutely does not have to be that way.

You know damn well that Pitts at 5 and Leatherwood, Eichenberg or Cosmi works just fine. They've got a dependable starter at RT with Reiffer now, if he goes down for some reason those guys are good enough to step in early if needed. Reiffer has been pretty f'ng durable in his career though, so..

We disagree somewhat but its all good..😊

Archived