Bengals Free Agency Thread.

22 minutes ago, membengal said:

Ogbuihi and Fisher. 

Mike Brown thinking.

Look, two can play at that game. 

Nothing wrong with taking OL like that, but poor scouting.  Oogie-boogie was a reach.  The coach responsible for that debacle is long gone. (Thankfully)

Would giving a big contact to Adoree Jackson be overkill in the secondary?  Here’s what PFF has to say about him:

image.thumb.png.36f405afa31b147bfe803755bd7c8af4.png

I feel like in today’s NFL you need lots of corners with how much they get injured and how much teams throw the ball.  This would give us 4 solid CBS, with Jackson being the best - replacing WJIII.  the only concern for me is putting that much $$ into the secondary with the Bates contact coming up soon.

7 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Would giving a big contact to Adoree Jackson be overkill in the secondary?  Here’s what PFF has to say about him:

image.thumb.png.36f405afa31b147bfe803755bd7c8af4.png

I feel like in today’s NFL you need lots of corners with how much they get injured and how much teams throw the ball.  This would give us 4 solid CBS, with Jackson being the best - replacing WJIII.  the only concern for me is putting that much $$ into the secondary with the Bates contact coming up soon.

He just signed a ridiculous 3 year 39 million deal with the Giants. 

The Bengals next best signing would be either Andrew Blythe (no more than $4.5M for one season or $8M for two) or Austin Reiter (move Hopkins to G with Reiter playing C and pay no more than $8M for Reiter for one season or $22M for three...his market value is $32M for three per spotrac).

Both have great value.  Reiter would be the best move, thus he costs more, but Reiter solves two problems with Hudson being moved to G and Reiter upgrading the C position quite a bit.

15 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

The Bengals next best signing would be either Andrew Blythe (no more than $4.5M for one season or $8M for two) or Austin Reiter (move Hopkins to G with Reiter playing C and pay no more than $8M for Reiter for one season or $22M for three...his market value is $32M for three per spotrac).

Both have great value.  Reiter would be the best move, thus he costs more, but Reiter solves two problems with Hudson being moved to G and Reiter upgrading the C position quite a bit.

Whats your opinion on Sewell??

18 hours ago, membengal said:

2nd round WR falls off a cliff compared to what they can have at 5. OT/G in second does not fall off the same cliff. 

Sorry, but I think Terrace Mitchell would be excellent at WR in the second and he and Burrow have chemistry together.  

6 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Good signing..

I believe Spain will be a positive at RG.

Turner misused him and Adenijji last year..

Musical chairs during the season was disastrous ..

Line is coming together..

Exactly. If i remember correctly Spain is the one that came to the Bengals mid week and performed well THAT SUNDAY. Like you mentioned, the musical chairs along the line most certainly didn't help with chemistry. Happy about the signing.

1 minute ago, Griever said:

Exactly. If i remember correctly Spain is the one that came to the Bengals mid week and performed well THAT SUNDAY. Like you mentioned, the musical chairs along the line most certainly didn't help with chemistry. Happy about the signing.

Agreed.  I'm happy with Spain back.  Williams, Spain, Hopkins, X, Reiff.  

5 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Agreed.  I'm happy with Spain back.  Williams, Spain, Hopkins, X, Reiff.  

Keep the depth signings coming. With our current setup:

Williams--XSF--Hopkins--Spain--Reiff

You got Price (yikes) if Hopkins can't go right away, Williams doesn't have the best health track record either

LOL.  Another failed NFL Buckeye.  Join the club with Michael "No, not that One" Jordan and Billy Price is Wrong. 

Not too concerned as I fully expect Rotten Apple to be cut during training camp.  A 4th round pick will likely beat him out.  If not, fully expect Rotten to earn his share of Brewers. 

5 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

LOL.  Another failed NFL Buckeye.  Join the club with Michael "No, not that One" Jordan and Billy Price is Wrong. 

Not too concerned as I fully expect Rotten Apple to be cut during training camp.  A 4th round pick will likely beat him out.  If not, fully expect Rotten to earn his share of Brewers. 

From the "Mouth of the Sewer"!!  Always Nasty and stinky!!

Archived