Bengals Free Agency Thread.

We better hope. Because if Hobs is right (and sadly he mostly has been so far w/ regard to their priorities in FA), then they are done with line until the draft...

Which is why the Bengals were glad to get him back in a move that gives them the starting tandem of Spain at right guard and Xavier Su'a-Filo at left guard that worked the last four games of the season in a very intriguing offensive stretch.

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

The big thing that everyone needs to keep in mind in regards to the OL is the fact that Turner is no longer in the NFL. Pollack is a massive upgrade for that group. 

This.  By the same token, whatever happened in the last four games of the season should be ignored as an indicator of what Pollack is going to do.

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

The big thing that everyone needs to keep in mind in regards to the OL is the fact that Turner is no longer in the NFL. Pollack is a massive upgrade for that group. 

Good point..

Turners teachings of techniques were 

Nonexistent ...nothing..nada..

Pollack will definately have his hands filled with underperfoming youngsters ..

They looked lost in assignments last year.

Im going to believe he, as a Teacher, will make them much more prepared this season..

6 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Turners teachings of techniques were 

Nonexistent ...nothing..nada..

I’d be more inclined to say that the techniques he taught were flawed.  Like, if the defender is stronger than you, push him off to the side and then shove him into the ground...and just hope that your QB’s legs aren’t there.  

Rewatch the play that JB got hurt on .  Jordan wasn’t the only one employing this “technique.”  

Well, you all are reading from the book of Hobson then, who has been talking up Pollack as by himself fixing things as the big off-season addition.

I was hoping/assuming they would hit T and G in FA and well, lol. And no. I don't count Spain as addressing G. 

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

Well, you all are reading from the book of Hobson then, who has been talking up Pollack as by himself fixing things as the big off-season addition.

I was hoping/assuming they would hit T and G in FA and well, lol. And no. I don't count Spain as addressing G. 

Ok

5 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I’d be more inclined to say that the techniques he taught were flawed.  Like, if the defender is stronger than you, push him off to the side and then shove him into the ground...and just hope that your QB’s legs aren’t there.  

Rewatch the play that JB got hurt on .  Jordan wasn’t the only one employing this “technique.”  

I think we can agree that Turner was horrible..

So any oline coach would be better no?

Read that Darrius Phillips isnt all that happy about Apple's signing..

Hes been aiming for a starter role

this season but the infux of new corners has him puzzled in what role he has now..

Im sure he'll play both outside and slot

in some rotation..

We now solid depth at corner..

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Read that Darrius Phillips isnt all that happy about Apple's signing..

Hes been aiming for a starter role

this season but the infux of new corners has him puzzled in what role he has now..

Im sure he'll play both outside and slot

in some rotation..

We now solid depth at corner..

You'd think after he opened his fat mouth on Twitter and got roasted like a Christmas ham the following game he'd know better than to put himself above the team, but... here we are?

7 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

You'd think after he opened his fat mouth on Twitter and got roasted like a Christmas ham the following game he'd know better than to put himself above the team, but... here we are?

He wants to start..good thing..make him pkay even harder.

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

"Earn this" as Tom Hanks said at the end of Saving Private Ryan

Agreed. And why does he assume these guys are being brought in to start in front of him not back up behind him?

Personally, I think Darius Phillips is well positioned to be one of the starting CBs despite the offseason additions. I actually think he's solid. But, he's got to stay healthy and show what he can do and more than anything...SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP WHINING ON TWITTER!

I probably sound like his agent but, I love the Quinton Spain re-signing. Guy has something to prove and after showing up before Week 8 he stepped in and played LG, RG and RT ably throughout the season. He's a terrific "sixth man" for the offensive line and I'd be interested to see how he can perform as a starter given an opportunity to play at a dedicated position. He 100% does not fix the need on the line but, he's a good returning player to bolster the depth.

6 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Not my first choice but, I'd be OK with this. The Bengals must continue on their path to protect their QB and get to the other team's QB. It's really that simple.

His productivity has dropped off a lot in the past couple years.  I guess he would be good depth. 

Archived