Bengals Free Agency Thread.

35 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The good news is - these were starters at points last year. Now they are depth and soon to be bye-bye

True, which brings me back to my original point.  Signing a veteran WR would be a good idea.

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

There will be a few more cap casualties here shortly.  We should be able to pick up a decent WR to add some depth.  Finding a decent outside receiver might be wishful thinking though. 

John Ross should be available any day now and we can sign him to our IR.

Don't know if he would accept the role, but given where he is in his career - he should - but Golden Tate is still out there and played 82% of his snaps last year from the slot. He'd be a great back-up to Boyd on a cheap vet deal. 

24 minutes ago, membengal said:

Don't know if he would accept the role, but given where he is in his career - he should - but Golden Tate is still out there and played 82% of his snaps last year from the slot. He'd be a great back-up to Boyd on a cheap vet deal. 

Would be nice, but I expect he wants starter money and playing time.  Maybe in a couple months.

20 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Would be nice, but I expect he wants starter money and playing time.  Maybe in a couple months.

He is dreaming if he thinks he is getting paid big money in a Covid cap year.   AJ is only getting $3.5mil. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

He is dreaming if he thinks he is getting paid big money in a Covid cap year.   AJ is only getting $3.5mil. 

Maybe so, but he also will want playing time.  He would be an insurance policy for the Bengals.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Maybe so, but he also will want playing time.  He would be an insurance policy for the Bengals.

I think he would easily be our #4 receiver. Am I missing something?  He would get plenty of PT on this team. Probably better spots for him though.  Dude already has a ring so this is about money.  

On 5/12/2021 at 1:39 PM, Griever said:

Steve Nelson would be a backup here..

Good depth to be sure but Vonn Bell 

and Jesse Bates are one of the best tandums coming into 2021..

I dont see him signing here unless they dont think they can re-sign Bates to a huge contract..

And that better not happen!!!

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Understood but id imagine hed want to be a starter somewhere..

Im in on him signing here though..

You realize he’s a corner, right. He’d just be another guy at the back end of the CB room competing against guys like Tony Brown and Winston Rose for a spot on the roster. 

looks to be a special teamer

Kavon Frazier signs with Bengals

Posted by Josh Alper on May 27, 2021, 2:51 PM EDT

Safety Kavon Frazier has found a new team.

Frazier’s agent David Canter announced that the veteran has signed a contract with the Bengals. No terms of the deal were announced.

The Cowboys took Frazier in the sixth round of the 2016 draft and he spent the first four years of his career in Dallas before playing for the Dolphins in 2020. Most of his playing time has come on special teams and his only two defensive starts came in 2018.

Frazier has 73 tackles, one sack, one forced fumble, and one pass defensed over the course of his career.

Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell occupy the top rung of the safety depth chart for the Bengals with Brandon Wilson, Trayvon Henderson, and Ricardo Allen also on the roster.

2 hours ago, Griever said:

looks to be a special teamer

Kavon Frazier signs with Bengals

Posted by Josh Alper on May 27, 2021, 2:51 PM EDT

Safety Kavon Frazier has found a new team.

Frazier’s agent David Canter announced that the veteran has signed a contract with the Bengals. No terms of the deal were announced.

The Cowboys took Frazier in the sixth round of the 2016 draft and he spent the first four years of his career in Dallas before playing for the Dolphins in 2020. Most of his playing time has come on special teams and his only two defensive starts came in 2018.

Frazier has 73 tackles, one sack, one forced fumble, and one pass defensed over the course of his career.

Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell occupy the top rung of the safety depth chart for the Bengals with Brandon Wilson, Trayvon Henderson, and Ricardo Allen also on the roster.

Maybe we can trade him to the Texans before we cut him. :ninja:

Archived