Duke Tobin Press Conference

15 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I'd like to hear from Katie too

Meh, she realizes that if nobody hears you speak or say anything, nobody can criticize you for it. I would be surprised if she actually does anything player wise for the team. Her daughter seems to have a bigger social presence.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Meh, she realizes that if nobody hears you speak or say anything, nobody can criticize you for it. I would be surprised if she actually does anything player wise for the team. Her daughter seems to have a bigger social presence.  

So much this.  There is nothing Mike Brown or Katie Blackburn can say that won't end up getting trashed in the press and on social media. 

Their daughter running some interesting social programs to build the fanbase is a great idea. 

Winning is an ever better idea.

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

So much this.  There is nothing Mike Brown or Katie Blackburn can say that won't end up getting trashed in the press and on social media. 

Their daughter running some interesting social programs to build the fanbase is a great idea. 

Facing the press is part of the job. You don't hide behind your personnel director. Make him the GM if that's the case

On 3/9/2021 at 9:00 AM, Sea Ray said:

Only in Cincinnati does a scout give a major press conference for an NFL team. If Mike Brown is going to continue to call himself the GM, he should face the microphones

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Facing the press is part of the job. You don't hide behind your personnel director. Make him the GM if that's the case

43 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Why not?...

What the hell has MB ever said  in a press conference to enlightened anyone?

Unknown.jpeg

:ninja:

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

^ so much this

I must be showing my age with this one but I'm really not interested in "spicy memes" from a nepotism poster child on a 4-11 bottom feeder team.  Strikes me as tone deaf at best.

ROFLMAO TOPKEK there granddaughter!  Too bad the "brand" is itself a running joke.

It's kind of like.. sure the class clown is funny, but then everyone else graduates and you forget about them until you see their mugshot on TV.  To me, that's the Bengals new "Social Media Presence" or whatever.  Not really interested in us winning the Superbowl of Instagram even if it does kind of sound like a delicious breakfast cereal.

See? I got jokes too.  Tell me what your team is doing to not suck hind tit, please?

6 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The reality is most owners rarely hold press conferences.  Sure, narcissists like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder love to hear themselves talk but the majority of owners don’t. 

6 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

It is?  Why?  It's not in his interest.  Mike Brown owns the team.  He doesn't have to do anything.  If you don't like it don't go to the games.  It's the only way you can hurt him, and that really won't hurt that much. 

Bengals coach Zac Taylor sounded optimistic in updating the status of quarterback Joe Burrow, whose rookie year was cut short by a serious knee injury.

Taylor said Burrow’s knee rehab is going according to schedule, echoing comments earlier in the week from Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin.

“I know that he’s on pace to do all the things that we were hoping he’d do,” Taylor said, via the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Taylor acknowledged that keeping Burrow healthy will require improvement on the offensive line.

“If we’re going to go where we need to go as an offense, then we need five pieces in place that can play together, develop that chemistry with one another,” Taylor said. “That’s an area we have to solidify this offseason.”

Burrow had his reconstructive knee surgery 14 weeks ago and is rehabbing in Cincinnati. The Bengals haven’t put a timeline on his return, but it appears that he should be ready for Week One.

Good thinking Coach Shula - a year or two too late, but good thinking. 

17 hours ago, SF2 said:

The reality is most owners rarely hold press conferences.  Sure, narcissists like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder love to hear themselves talk but the majority of owners don’t. 

The reality is that most owners hire GMs

17 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

It is?  Why?  It's not in his interest.  Mike Brown owns the team.  He doesn't have to do anything.  If you don't like it don't go to the games.  It's the only way you can hurt him, and that really won't hurt that much. 

For that reason I don't go to games. That's why attendance sucks. 

7 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Good thinking Coach Shula - a year or two too late, but good thinking. 

I know I'm getting a sensible chuckle out of them acting like last season was some great learning experience.  Apparently putting a rookie QB behind a shit-tier OL is a bad thing? Who knew?! Can't wait to see what lessons young Coach Zac takes from year 3 of his System Plan. Perhaps we also need linebackers, or a running game? In a few more years he could be well on his way to becoming an average NFL head coach. 

Archived