Duke Tobin Press Conference

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I know I'm getting a sensible chuckle out of them acting like last season was some great learning experience.  Apparently putting a rookie QB behind a shit-tier OL is a bad thing? Who knew?! Can't wait to see what lessons young Coach Zac takes from year 3 of his System Plan. Perhaps we also need linebackers, or a running game? In a few more years he could be well on his way to becoming an average NFL head coach. 

Took him 2 years to figure out the POS OL coach was a POS even though the rest of the league already knew it. Cutting edge this team is, cutting edge. 

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I know I'm getting a sensible chuckle out of them acting like last season was some great learning experience.  Apparently putting a rookie QB behind a shit-tier OL is a bad thing? Who knew?! Can't wait to see what lessons young Coach Zac takes from year 3 of his System Plan. Perhaps we also need linebackers, or a running game? In a few more years he could be well on his way to becoming an average NFL head coach. 

They run a 4-2-5 alot..

Wilson and Gaither showed promise.

Teach Pratt to wrap and roll and he might be allright..

Running game is gaps to see a semblance of daylight..

Last year was like running behind a black curtain...

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Took him 2 years to figure out the POS OL coach was a POS even though the rest of the league already knew it. Cutting edge this team is, cutting edge. 

He knew, he just didn't care.  Blah blah character, blah blah culture.

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Running game is gaps to see a semblance of daylight..

Last year was like running behind a black curtain...

Sure it was, but here's the question:  Would you rather a RB take the hit or the QB?  To put it a different way, how is a run for no gain a reason to stop running but a sack-fumble an acceptable outcome?

This team did everything to paint a target on him short of personally sending Troy Blackburn downstairs to go Nancy Kerrigan on young Joe's knee with a hammer.  Assuming he could find the locker room without a map.

Just now, T-Dub said:

Sure it was, but here's the question:  Would you rather a RB take the hit or the QB?  To put it a different way, how is a run for no gain a reason to stop running but a sack-fumble an acceptable outcome?

This team did everything to paint a target on him short of personally sending Troy Blackburn downstairs to go Nancy Kerrigan on young Joe's knee with a hammer.  Assuming he could find the locker room without a map.

Thats why they have to build a powerful Oline..

Williams-Thuney-Hopkins-Zeitler-Sewell

would make every skilled player look even better..

It starts there...

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

It starts there...

Add a 3rd swing OT that can play and I'm with you..  No way I'd count on Williams and a rookie to lock down both spots.  Getting some kind of vet presence to mentor & back up those 2 should be a priority.  

I mean, I even like Jonah, he seems like just the kind of quiet, hard working pro this team desperately needs.  Unfortunately there's no slot for Optimism on an NFL depth chart.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Add a 3rd swing OT that can play and I'm with you..  No way I'd count on Williams and a rookie to lock down both spots.  Getting some kind of vet presence to mentor & back up those 2 should be a priority.  

I mean, I even like Jonah, he seems like just the kind of quiet, hard working pro this team desperately needs.  Unfortunately there's no slot for Optimism on an NFL depth chart.

Possibilty to add a swing guy yes..

I dond know the feeling thet have about Adenijji filling that role or Fred Johnson as their backup RT..

27 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Possibilty to add a swing guy yes..

I dond know the feeling thet have about Adenijji filling that role or Fred Johnson as their backup RT..

FJ seems serviceable, maybe, but why not take the opportunity to bring in a veteran presence to mentor these young guys & stand in for them when necessary?  Seems like it would be a great help to be able to pull them for a few snaps & let Pollack coach them up without the OL instantly going to shit. If they want to do more for the locker room culture than talk about it in press conferences this is the kind of move they need to make.

I expect Adeniji to be starting before the end of the year.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

FJ seems serviceable, maybe, but why not take the opportunity to bring in a veteran presence to mentor these young guys & stand in for them when necessary?  Seems like it would be a great help to be able to pull them for a few snaps & let Pollack coach them up without the OL instantly going to shit. If they want to do more for the locker room culture than talk about it in press conferences this is the kind of move they need to make.

I expect Adeniji to be starting before the end of the year.

Agree...

Problem is depth in alot of units.

Dline needs help to fill a 3tech and depth...

Corner has No depth to speak of..

Receiving unit needs a 3rd receiver..

A capoligist has his hands full ..

Depth is a league thing...

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree...

Problem is depth in alot of units.

Dline needs help to fill a 3tech and depth...

Corner has No depth to speak of..

Receiving unit needs a 3rd receiver..

A capoligist has his hands full ..

Depth is a league thing...

True that the team needs help all over.  None of those get the franchise QB mangled though.

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

True that the team needs help all over.  None of those get the franchise QB mangled though.

Exactly...

A teams Top priority for a franchise QB such as JB is protection..

Hes been down once..

Another hit there might be the End of his career who knows..

All these free agents arent going to do one damn thing to protect him unless its an olineman..

Browns went from bad to playoff team by making their oline the best..

We have an opportunity to try and do that this year..

Why not?

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

It starts there...

Zeitler and Thuney will have other similar offers from far better organizations that aren’t on the first year of a rebuild. If you want to go to a team rebuilding, Jacksonville with Urban and Lawrence would be far more exciting than the Bengals.  

46 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

If he had a press conference it would just give you more reason to not go to games. 

It'd at least give me satisfaction to see him squirm a little

As a longtime Bengal fan I accept that MB will never hire a GM. My point here is that sending your top personnel guy out speak to the proletariat reminds us of that fact

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

Zeitler and Thuney will have other similar offers from far better organizations that aren’t on the first year of a rebuild. 

This shit kills me.  I mean, you're right, but that begs the question of what in hell they thought they were doing the last 2 years?

At this rate the rebuild should be finished just in time to start rebuilding.

Archived