Should victims of the Hurricane recieve

Guest BlackJesus

Should Katrina Victims recieve compensation packages like 9/11 victims ? (situation below)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should Katrina Victims recieve compensation packages like 9/11 victims ? (situation below)

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, in some cases

Guest BlackJesus
[b]After 9/11 the Federal Govt set up a Compensation fund for 9/11 victims and those affected as an agreement that it would prevent people from suing the hell out of the airline industry. Now people are looking at the fact that the federal govt and local govts are likely to be sued for slow response. So the question becomes....

should the Victims of the Hurricane recieve compensation packages from the federal Govt just as the 9/11 victims did? The average payout to 9/11 victims was a little over 1 million dollars. This was based on lost income, numbers of people who died, etc etc. In this instance it would most likely be a lower $ number. [/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[i][b]The NAACP is now calling for a compensation package....

I think it would be hilarious is many of these poor income Black New Orleans residents all got 1 million dollar checks and then all went and built large houses in Crawford Texas. :thumbsup: [/b][/i]

Archived