Please try to be open minded when considering this is a deep wide receiver draft and there ARE legitimate, bona fide options other than Jamar Chase. I am not slighting Jamar in any way and would love him, but we just don't have the luxury of affording the "best of the best" this year...too many other, bigger needs.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Just his over the middle game. I almost say Sanu as well but that was strictly based on the pass he threw.

Dyami has much better overall foot speed, as well as the quick twitch ability to make short throws into big gainers. He also gets off the line much better, which is a necessity for playing wideout. He's a very legitimate deep threat, Jamie...one of the best in this draft. He just might be a tad better in that part of his game than....OK...wait for it....the heralded Jamar Chase.

Yeah, I said it and take ownership of it!

Ed, he's literally the ONLY WR that might work at 38 and who will likely still be there. Everyone else in that area is a slot. If we draft Sewell, I am reduced to praying he is still there. Marshall and Bateman gonna be gone round 1 now.  At least Brown is an outside guy. 

But, that's the point. If we take Sewell. the options at WR in 2 are REALLY thin this year for what we need (unlike last year's WR class). The same exercise at o-line yields a LOT more options. 

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Well that would be another good target

then..

Oh I dont hate Boyd at all, in fact when we did a mock that year we drafted him I had him as our target for the 2nd round. But he's not a #1 in any way shape or form.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Oh I dont hate Boyd at all, in fact when we did a mock that year we drafted him I had him as our target for the 2nd round. But he's not a #1 in any way shape or form.

Dont know why you feel Boyd wouldnt be a bigtime player wherever they stick him..

Firm believer in Higgins the top boy now..

Wouldnt surprise me to see JB target him 130 times or more.

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Dont know why you feel Boyd wouldnt be a bigtime player wherever they stick him..

Firm believer in Higgins the top boy now..

Wouldnt surprise me to see JB target him 130 times or more.

I like Higgins alot and think he could end up the #1, we'll see. 

More and More I am talking myself into Pitts based on my logic, and I don't like the idea of taking a TE that high but...

I do believe Williams will be the LT for the future

I do believe Higgins can be the #1 WR for the future

Because TE is a more important position than Right Tackle I think you have to take Pitts

And I am not even completely liking that, but it fits the logic.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Tyler Boyd is a slot. He is not gonna thrive, at all, on the outside. That would be bad ,drafting a slot and making Tyler move to where he would not be nearly as effective. 

Tyler Boyd has played slot..

Doesnt mean he cant play outside..

Your discrediting his overall talent

to pigeonhole him.

Hes just a good Receiver.....period

People are like, we have two WR's (Higgins & Boyd), who needs the redundancy?  A lot of those must still be living in the era of the fullback.  These days, most teams start a slot (Boyd) & 2 wides (Higgins & ????).  We are talking a starting position here, not special teams chaff.

I have no problem with Sewell in General, but I don't get those with hard-ons for him & him alone.  There are gonna be many more viable OLine options for our second pick than WR's).   Some of them more suited to stating out their career at guard and then moving outside in the future if the powers-that-be decide they want vets (Williams & Reiff) protecting Joe's flanks with younger guys starting their career inside or in reserve.

In fact, the only way I'm that gung-ho about Sewell @ 5 is if they install him @LT and move Williams to LG or RT.  If you're talking LG, RG &/or RT.  I prefer a Rd 2 OL while super-charging the passing game at #5.

My real preference would be to drop down to the 7-9 slots, pick up a couple of xtra premium picks and sign either Turner or Warford.

I'd be good with

OC Hopkins/Price

LG Spain

RG (Turner/Warford)

LT Williams

RT Reiff

with Adeniji, Johnson and couple of rookie OL's drafted somewhere in Rd's 2-5 learning the ropes.  This OLine has too many problems to fix long-term  in one off season. 

Fill hole with solid temp option starters this tear with a couple more longer term fills working their way up at their own pace, the next season, sign Reiff for another year or replace him another FA or draft pick when the cap expands.

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

This OLine has too many problems to fix long-term  in one off season. 

Fill hole with solid temp option starters this tear with a couple more longer term fills working their way up at their own pace, the next season, sign Reiff for another year or replace him another FA or draft pick when the cap expands.

If they had signed a high level guard in FA along with Reiff and the draft 2 lineman in the first 3/4 rounds of the draft - all to go along with getting OL coach Pollack - I would say they would have gone a long way to fixing the OL in one season. 

john sheeran
@John__Sheeran
·
11m
now because i feel like i have to say it, all this doesn't mean sewell wouldn't be a great pick. it just means unless they *really* hit on a non-first round receiver or higgins develops into something amazing, it's still gonna be hard for the offense to be competitive in 2021.

John's got a good handle on all of this. 

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I doubt he is the BPA in the 2nd round so I would look elsewhere. Probably a pass rusher.

So you want to go BPA in the 2nd but not take Chase in the 1st, even though he is BPA? (And I recognize Sewell is a great player)

Archived