17 hours ago, membengal said:

Tyler Boyd is a slot. He is not gonna thrive, at all, on the outside. That would be bad ,drafting a slot and making Tyler move to where he would not be nearly as effective. 

No, Boyd is a good slot WR, but he also played very well on the outside when replacing Green in 2018 and 19. 

18 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

No, Boyd is a good slot WR, but he also played very well on the outside when replacing Green in 2018 and 19. 

Chase and Pitts fans dont want that disclosed..

Hes only a slot ..nothing else...😎

Astonishing...

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Here you go @bengaled if we go Sewell in 1, I would be all on board for this guy in 2.  That Antonio Brown comparison has my eyebrow raised.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/elijah-moore/32004d4f-4f27-9723-3c75-0e082bc200c9

Very nice player, but why would you want a backup to Boyd with our 2nd round pick?

I do think we need to fortify the reserve slot receiver position, but would rather wait until the 5th round or later. 

1 hour ago, bengaled said:

Very nice player, but why would you want a backup to Boyd with our 2nd round pick?

I do think we need to fortify the reserve slot receiver position, but would rather wait until the 5th round or later. 

I know they say he's a slot guy but I can't tell you how many times I remember A.B. pass by guys on the outside.

35 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Jets traded Darnold to the Panthers. Clearing the way for us to get Sewell or Chase depending on what the Falcons do.

I see Lawrence Wilson Fields and Lance going first four..

Who will give what to get Mac Jones at 5???

Better be a boatload..

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Denver? Are they in love with Lock?

No they arent..theyre wishin and hoping but that wont make him better than a meh QB..

They might be hesitant on Jones though imo..

If Trey Lance is there I think they might 

move down if they can..

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

There are a whole lot of people out there that are 100% convinced that Mac Jones is going to SF. I personally have no idea but that would be a nice break for us if it turns out to be true. 

If your looking for a trade yes..could happen..

Like I said it better be a boatload..

Tobin was on with Dave and Dan and basically said we won't trade down if it means we are giving up a stud. I assume that means we won't trade down now that we couldn't get to 8. If 5 QBs went first we might be able to do so and still get one of the 3 studs. I think now it's probably Chase, obviously should be Sewell and no trade back. 

I wonder if Carolina guaged the Bengals interest in a trade before making a move for Darnold? Add Darnold seems a bit desperate to be done this early, they could have made that deal after round 1. But maybe Tobin said the Bengals weren't moving. Just compounds our losses from winning the meaningless Houston game. We could have had 2 extra first round picks from that. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I wonder if Carolina guaged the Bengals interest in a trade before making a move for Darnold? Add Darnold seems a bit desperate to be done this early, they could have made that deal after round 1. But maybe Tobin said the Bengals weren't moving. Just compounds our losses from winning the meaningless Houston game. We could have had 2 extra first round picks from that. 

Carolina deserves a D grade in this trade..

Do they also pick up Darnolds rook salary?

If the owner authorized this hes as inept as the GM..

Bet Panther fans are exactly thrilled  about this blotch..

5 hours ago, membengal said:

No. The offense sputtered big time with him on the outside. Because defenses don't have to respect him out there. At all. 

That’s why he had over 1000 yards both seasons?  You think him playing on the outside is why the offense sputtered big time in 2019?  You don’t think our next 4 receivers in yards: Auden Tate, Alex Erickson, John Ross and Tyler Eifert had anything to do with it? LOL. 

58 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Carolina deserves a D grade in this trade..

Do they also pick up Darnolds rook salary?

If the owner authorized this hes as inept as the GM..

Bet Panther fans are exactly thrilled  about this blotch..

Carolina has the young “guru” Joe Brady  who will now have a reclamation project

4 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Tobin was on with Dave and Dan and basically said we won't trade down if it means we are giving up a stud. I assume that means we won't trade down now that we couldn't get to 8. If 5 QBs went first we might be able to do so and still get one of the 3 studs. I think now it's probably Chase, obviously should be Sewell and no trade back. 

The same Tobin that thought John Ross was a stud?

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

That’s why he had over 1000 yards both seasons?  You think him playing on the outside is why the offense sputtered big time in 2019?  You don’t think our next 4 receivers in yards: Auden Tate, Alex Erickson, John Ross and Tyler Eifert had anything to do with it? LOL. 

OMG...really? The point is the offense sputtered because he is NOT A #1. Yes he got his yards while playing outside.. he's talented enough to do that, yet the offense died, and you want to point the finger at the supporting cast? So here you go...NO I don't think the next four receivers had anything to do with it, they are what they were...a supporting cast. 

The reality is Boyd is a talented SLOT receiver NOT a #1. The offense will never thrive without a true #1, and Boyd as much as I love him as a slot receiver simply is not, and will never be a #1. Expecting the supporting cast to magically become more talented and to fill the void is...silly.

Archived