Draft Poll

Draft Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT the Bengals to take?

2. 2. Who do you THINK the Bengals will take?

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

The poll is one thing, but why would you encourage the discussion.  We haven't beaten this to death yet?

Some fans have not had a turn yet... 

Fwiw, it's a more enjoyable topic of the draft than last year's.  So many different variables makes it change from week to week.  

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif

tenor (1).gif

giphy (1).gif

tenor.gif

I have no preference other than I don't know that taking Sewell is the best value. 

But I also think he will be the pick solely based on the fact Taylor was at his pro day and I don't think he was at Chase's (though I know all 32 teams were there)

I'm pro to trading back. More so than I probably ever have been. I am not entirely sold on any of the top prospects to the point I think there are equitably solid picks further down the board in the first. My poll question would be...

Would you trade down?

How far would you be willing to drop back?

What compensation would you require to do this?

11 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I'm pro to trading back. More so than I probably ever have been. I am not entirely sold on any of the top prospects to the point I think there are equitably solid picks further down the board in the first. My poll question would be...

Would you trade down?

I'd prefer to trade back too.

Trade down, but not out of the top 10. (I'd think Denver would be the only team looking for a QB that could realistically trade up at this point)

Stay in the top 10.

If we are talking Denver moving up from 9 to 5, I want their 9th and their 3rd round pick at minimum.

I'm down with trading back if they pick up an additional 2nd rounder or more.  Not concerned about top 10.  If the OL draft is so deep and some list yesterday suggested 5-6 guys going in the first round there would have to be one there. 

3 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Would you trade down?

If they trade down it should be an offer thet cant refuse....Cant Refuse...

28 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

If they trade down it should be an offer thet cant refuse....Cant Refuse...

Mike Brown refused the Ricky Williams trade. Tobin has said the team will stay put. Presumably San Fran called Cincinnati and Atlanta before moving all the way to 3, especially if Mac Jones is who they want. I'd bet Carolina called before trading for Darnold.

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Mike Brown refused the Ricky Williams trade. Tobin has said the team will stay put. Presumably San Fran called Cincinnati and Atlanta before moving all the way to 3, especially if Mac Jones is who they want. I'd bet Carolina called before trading for Darnold.

Ii still see. Denver as a trade partner..

Im not sold on Hurts in Philly ..Maybe they are ...

They could trade for Lance maybe..

Love to see what they offer if so..

7 hours ago, Numbers said:

Some fans have not had a turn yet... 

Fwiw, it's a more enjoyable topic of the draft than last year's.  So many different variables makes it change from week to week.  

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif

tenor (1).gif

giphy (1).gif

tenor.gif

You know what's interesting about that last statement? Not one thing has changed as far as film on these kids, well in particular, Sewell vs Chase. The film during the offseason had Sewell as the clear choice as the 2nd prospect off the board by virtually everyone...McShay, Kiper, Jeremiah... pick your prognosticator. None of the film study has changed. As an example, in one blowout game by OSU over Northwestern Ohio State won 52-3 and led 31-3 at the half. This game was over early in the 2nd quarter, for all intents and purposes, as the Buckeye's offense went on a tear and scored on every possession. Now for the interesting part.... Rashawn Slater held his own against Chase Young in this game, not allowing any sacks and it's pointed to time and again as a signature outing. This is a bit disingenuous.  Chase only played midway through the 3rd quarter in this blowout and no one considered it with much of a second thought that Larry Johnson's game plan, which only allowed for NW to accumulate 3 points, was some kind of masterpiece performance by Rashawn Slater. Well, not until this offseason. But in reality sometimes you have to look at the details of why things happened the way they did. 

I will list Northwestern's possessions below, to further add to my argument...the stuff the Daniel Jeremiah's don't tell you!

NW's 1st possession....

4 plays=12 total yards elapsed TOP 1:56...punt 

9 plays=44yds and a field goal TOP 4:21...only 2 of the plays on this drive were passes one for 12 yds and a dump off for 4yds. (NW's only score of the game)

5 plays= 9 yds TOP 2:28...punt

5 plays=29 yds TOP 2:24 ...punt

4 plays= -6 yds TOP 0:54 Fumble

4 plays=14 yds TOP 1:55 Punt

3 plays=1 yd TOP 0:28 punt

HALFTIME

6 plays=19 yds TOP 2:55 punt

11 plays=45 yds TOP 6:12 turned over on downs

3 plays=6 yds TOP 1;31 punt

3 plays= -1yd TOP 0:48 Interception

Chase exists blowout game mid 3rd quarter for backups.

So, you tell me how Rashawn Slater was involved in some kind of a signature game when this was what really transpired. This was just another Saturday afternoon OSU ass kicking contest. Northwestern had no passing game and had minimal success running it, only gaining 199 total yds on the whole day. Of the downs when Chase was in, NW was 1 of 4 for 5 yds in the 1st half, and 3 of 7 for20 yds in the 2nd half, with an INT. These were mostly dump off passes.

Go watch the replay...yeah, some signature game! You're telling me this game was what moved the kid from a 2-3rd round prospect to top 15, with some comparing him as equal with Sewell as the top tackle, when most agree he won't even be a tackle in the NFL? 

That's why they call this the silly season, folks.  

Edit: Sorry, if I incorrectly responded to you, Numbers. It was more just a place to put my research for the group, than anything else, so take no offense.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Trade down, but not out of the top 10. (I'd think Denver would be the only team looking for a QB that could realistically trade up at this point)

Stay in the top 10.

If we are talking Denver moving up from 9 to 5, I want their 9th and their 3rd round pick at minimum.

That is not NEAR enough. If they called offering that I would belly laugh at them. It would take #9, this year's 2nd, and next year's 1st round pick for me to even entertain the idea. 

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Stay in the top 10.

Thats not the offer i was looking for when i said a  a "cant refuse" deal...😎

11 hours ago, spicoli said:

I think they’ll take Chase. 
Trade back and grab Slater is what I’d rather see happen. 

Same, or whichever of the top 2-3 OL is available at the spot.

Far too many holes, the success or failure of this draft will happen in the middle rounds.  

7 hours ago, bengaled said:

You know what's interesting about that last statement? Not one thing has changed as far as film on these kids, well in particular, Sewell vs Chase. The film during the offseason had Sewell as the clear choice as the 2nd prospect off the board by virtually everyone...McShay, Kiper, Jeremiah... pick your prognosticator. None of the film study has changed. As an example, in one blowout game by OSU over Northwestern Ohio State won 52-3 and led 31-3 at the half. This game was over early in the 2nd quarter, for all intents and purposes, as the Buckeye's offense went on a tear and scored on every possession. Now for the interesting part.... Rashawn Slater held his own against Chase Young in this game, not allowing any sacks and it's pointed to time and again as a signature outing. This is a bit disingenuous.  Chase only played midway through the 3rd quarter in this blowout and no one considered it with much of a second thought that Larry Johnson's game plan, which only allowed for NW to accumulate 3 points, was some kind of masterpiece performance by Rashawn Slater. Well, not until this offseason. But in reality sometimes you have to look at the details of why things happened the way they did. 

I will list Northwestern's possessions below, to further add to my argument...the stuff the Daniel Jeremiah's don't tell you!

NW's 1st possession....

4 plays=12 total yards elapsed TOP 1:56...punt 

9 plays=44yds and a field goal TOP 4:21...only 2 of the plays on this drive were passes one for 12 yds and a dump off for 4yds. (NW's only score of the game)

5 plays= 9 yds TOP 2:28...punt

5 plays=29 yds TOP 2:24 ...punt

4 plays= -6 yds TOP 0:54 Fumble

4 plays=14 yds TOP 1:55 Punt

3 plays=1 yd TOP 0:28 punt

HALFTIME

6 plays=19 yds TOP 2:55 punt

11 plays=45 yds TOP 6:12 turned over on downs

3 plays=6 yds TOP 1;31 punt

3 plays= -1yd TOP 0:48 Interception

Chase exists blowout game mid 3rd quarter for backups.

So, you tell me how Rashawn Slater was involved in some kind of a signature game when this was what really transpired. This was just another Saturday afternoon OSU ass kicking contest. Northwestern had no passing game and had minimal success running it, only gaining 199 total yds on the whole day. Of the downs when Chase was in, NW was 1 of 4 for 5 yds in the 1st half, and 3 of 7 for20 yds in the 2nd half, with an INT. These were mostly dump off passes.

Go watch the replay...yeah, some signature game! You're telling me this game was what moved the kid from a 2-3rd round prospect to top 15, with some comparing him as equal with Sewell as the top tackle, when most agree he won't even be a tackle in the NFL? 

That's why they call this the silly season, folks.  

Edit: Sorry, if I incorrectly responded to you, Numbers. It was more just a place to put my research for the group, than anything else, so take no offense.

No offense taken.  Your post is one of the reasons why I enjoy different opinions on the same subject. 

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

No offense taken.  Your post is one of the reasons why I enjoy different opinions on the same subject. 

Thank you! I try to sell my points of view with some factual merit behind just my opinions, so they're respected as such. 

I went with other.

The team didn't quite manage to tread water in Free Agency and there are a lot of hole yet to fill.  I'd drop down to somewhere in the 7-10 range (as long as I got a minimum of an extra 2nd and 3rd) especially if there's still a top QB still there.  Might take a 2nd and a young vet as well.

I think some might be surprised who's still sitting their after a trade down.

7 hours ago, snarkster said:

I went with other.

The team didn't quite manage to tread water in Free Agency and there are a lot of hole yet to fill.  I'd drop down to somewhere in the 7-10 range (as long as I got a minimum of an extra 2nd and 3rd) especially if there's still a top QB still there.  Might take a 2nd and a young vet as well.

I think some might be surprised who's still sitting their after a trade down.

I think Most will be surprised with their choices in round 2 and 3...

Good ones allways drop for reasons..

Archived