Draft Poll

Draft Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT the Bengals to take?

2. 2. Who do you THINK the Bengals will take?

This "generational talent" terminology someone has coined is way overplayed and overstated. On average a "generation" is typically thought of as around 25 years. Calling any player a projected "generational" talent is asinine. To say Chase, Sewell, Lawrence or anyone in this draft class has any better chance than the other of being the best (or one of the best) players of the next 25 years is cool to say but impossible to predict.

Lawrence is good, Sewell is good, Pitts is good and Chase is good. All top 10 projected players in every draft are. Saying this guy is "generational" and this guy is not is ridiculous and reminds me of those people in every company that say things like Low-Hanging Fruit or Get Our Ducks In A Row.

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Wasnt long ago Sewell was considered with the generational tag..

Now hes just good?

Howd that happen?

I dont think Chase is generational at all..

Pitts maybe i don't know..

I thought the whole idea was to help with the run game and protect the franchise QB ..

Guess i thought wrong huh?

Actually, I said Sewell would help the team. I just don’t think he will be a best at his position type player.  Doesn’t mean he won’t be a good offensive lineman which we certainly could use. 

Pitts looks to be some type of Cyborb who runs great routes and catches everything.  He is like Zion Williamson athletically. 

Generational talent in the NFL is based on much shorter blocks of time than 25 years.  More like 10. Brady is the best QB in the last 10 years.  Manning probably before him.  

23 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Not gonna happen but "what then" would be we would trade our pick for a multi year gold mine

of high picks and draft Slater a highly regarded receiver and another top notch O lineman.

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

We should do that regardless.  That helps the team far more than Sewell, Chase, or whoever at #5.

Don't get the FO's stubborn reluctance to consider it, just seems lazy.

I disagree.  This year.  One thing this team doesn't have enough of is elite players.  You have a chance to get one this year.  Get that player.  Next draft trade down and add a bunch of other good players.  For now grab the great player.

After listening to HTPG today I’m thinking a lot about switching to team Sewell. I’m not officially there yet, but the point about the bengals recent lack of success picking OL not near the top of round 1, and their history of success with second round WRs is giving me pause. Plus it may be more likely that Diyami Brown makes it to 38 than Leatherwood.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I disagree.  This year.  One thing this team doesn't have enough of is elite players.  You have a chance to get one this year.  

You have a chance to get one every year.  This year's draft is far from exceptional.  I would argue that this team, right now, needs 5-10 average players far more than it needs one more "elite" guy.  That's what championship teams are made of these days.

Beside which, with those 2-3 extra picks in the early rounds, our odds of finding that elite player are that much better.  You go on to mention the team's lack of success drafting OL in the first rouind as though they didn't run to the podium to take John Ross with a 9th overall pick.  Given the lack of a scouting department and the apparent ineptitude of the FO we're a step above throwing darts.  

Give them more darts.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

You have a chance to get one every year.  This year's draft is far from exceptional.  I would argue that this team, right now, needs 5-10 average players far more than it needs one more "elite" guy.  That's what championship teams are made of these days.

Beside which, with those 2-3 extra picks in the early rounds, our odds of finding that elite player are that much better.  You go on to mention the team's lack of success drafting OL in the first rouind as though they didn't run to the podium to take John Ross with a 9th overall pick.  Given the lack of a scouting department and the apparent ineptitude of the FO we're a step above throwing darts.  

Give them more darts.

Sometimes. The odds of finding an elite player drop pretty quickly the deeper you go in the draft. Every draft has so many blue chip prospects. The odds of those guys turning into elite players is higher. If your first pick is outside that number, then yes, your odds get better with more picks in the top 2 or 3 rounds. But if your first pick is in that blue chip range you’re odds are much higher if you stay at least in that range. We are in that blue chip range at 5 in this draft. And that’s even higher considering how many QBs will go before us and we don’t need one. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Sometimes. The odds of finding an elite player drop pretty quickly the deeper you go in the draft. Every draft has so many blue chip prospects. The odds of those guys turning into elite players is higher. If your first pick is outside that number, then yes, your odds get better with more picks in the top 2 or 3 rounds. But if your first pick is in that blue chip range you’re odds are much higher if you stay at least in that range. We are in that blue chip range at 5 in this draft. And that’s even higher considering how many QBs will go before us and we don’t need one. 

Sewell Pitts Chase or trade back..

All are good options..

We prefer our own individual mock.

Who knows what the team will really do..

Id take Sewell and go from there..thats just me..

Anyones opinion could be the answer..

Damn it cant get here soon enough!!

On 4/11/2021 at 4:42 PM, Jason said:

Exactly. Plus Chase will likely be a higher graded player than Sewell. 

Why? He sure as hell wasn't during the offseason, and neither one of them played a down of football since then, did they? Could it be the influence of fantasy football, and all the young folks newly acquired interest into the game itself? That would be my guess.

Archived