35 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

100% but, considering he wouldn't take a pay cut and instead wanted to be released, I can't imagine he'd be looking to return at a lower value.

Kind of doubt it too.  Especially after the big goodbye letter.  Would be a bad look.  My guess is he would sign with a contender for less before returning to the Bengals.

13 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Kind of doubt it too.  Especially after the big goodbye letter.  Would be a bad look.  My guess is he would sign with a contender for less before returning to the Bengals.

Sounds like the next former Bengals RB to play at New England. 

35 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No kidding, has to be nice going from no hope to a SB contender at this point in his career.

It is easy to be a SB contender. It is much more difficult, and builds much better character, to play on a losing team and then struggle to barely make the playoffs periodically only to lose. 

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It is easy to be a SB contender. It is much more difficult, and builds much better character, to play on a losing team and then struggle to barely make the playoffs periodically only to lose. 

You dont or cant have character on a winning team year after year?..

You say its harder on a losing team?..

Maybe so..but..theyre paid a yachtfull of money to give 100%..

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

To be honest, Gio’s fumble in the 2nd quarter of the San Diego playoff game will forever be burned into my memory.  We would have gone into halftime up 17-7.   He was on a contender and like most of the Bengals of that era, choked. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

To be honest, Gio’s fumble in the 2nd quarter of the San Diego playoff game will forever be burned into my memory.  We would have gone into halftime up 17-7.   He was on a contender and like most of the Bengals of that era, choked. 

Not sure about that.  Bengals score TD and they are up 14-7.   No guarentee they get another FG.

Agree that it was big.  Even with Dullton's and D's sucking, they give up 2 straight TDs, it's a 21-14 game instead of 21-10.

Still feel bad for him.  He got destroyed by the cheapshot thug Shazier in the Jeremy Hill game. 

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Following in the footsteps of Corey Dillon and Rex Burkhead.

True enough.  Our various OC's tended to either struggle to find a niche for him, or were forced to use him primarily as a blocker.  The few times we really had the 1-2 punch working it sure was fun to watch,

On 4/13/2021 at 12:20 PM, tibor75 said:

Still feel bad for him.  He got destroyed by the cheapshot thug Shazier in the Jeremy Hill game. 

I don't understand how forgotten this is.  One of the worst moments in the NFL ever.

Archived