The 16th (Almost) Annual Guess the Bengals First Pick Contest!! Spicoli wins!!!

Ok, here it is, the contest thread.  Here are the rules:

1. Guess the player you think the Bengals will take with their first pick. It does not matter when that pick is, whether at 5, 26 or 37. So don't tell me they trade the pick.

2. This year there will not be a limit to how many times a player may be guessed.

3. The tie breaker will be the pick number where Pete Werner is taken. Do not give me a team and a round, I want a number. In the event there is still a tie, there will be a second tie breaker between the 2 contestants. It will be another player to be determined at that time.

4. No "bookending" of tie breaker guesses. If consecutive tie breaker guesses have been made, the next closest guess must be at least 10 away.  For example if someone guesses 100, and someone else guesses 101, the next closest guess can be no closer than 90 or 111. Of course, this only applies for guesses of the same player.  If you bookend yourself it's your problem.  

EDIT: **** Rule Update ***** If your tie breaker guess creates a bookend, I will ask you to change it.  So if someone else has a guess within 10 of another guess, yours must be more than 10 away from at least one of the other 2.  For example if someone guesses 93 and someone else guesses 97 your guess must be less than 83 or more than 107.  Or if you are ok with bookending yourself you can guess between them, for example 95.

5. Your Guess MUST be in the format of:

Board name - Guess - tie breaker, for example

Jason - Ja'Marr Chase - 136

and the Guess must be the full first and last name (unless the player is known by his initials, which I don't think applies to any likely picks this year), but don't worry, spelling doesn't count as long as it's close enough that I know who it is. 

Your guess will not be entered until it is in that format, and your tie breaker guess will not be official, so someone else can take it, and it will not be protected from bookending!

6. Once you have made your guess, you will have time to change your mind, but once your Guess appears below in this post, your choice is locked in, no changes, no exceptions.  

7. To be eligible you must be a member prior to the start of this thread, and a Bengals fan. Fans of other teams are not eligible. Members with multiple board names, please make guesses with only one of them.

8. The prize will be any ONE ITEM from the Bengals store at Bengals.com valued up to $50, and I will pay taxes and standard shipping. Based on the cost of shipping, arrangements may need to be made for winners who are not residents of the continental United States.

Guessing ENDS at 9pm EDT on April 25th

Disclaimer: Go-Bengals.com is not responsible for this contest, the outcome, or it's prizes.

Let the picking now begin!

Can a moderator please pin this thread.

Official Guess List

Bengals1181 ----------------- Ja’Marr Chase -------------- 80

HavePityPlease -------------- Ja'Marr Chase -------------- 96

Spicoli ----------------------  Ja'Marr Chase -------------- 55

Jamie B ---------------------- Penei Sewell ---------------  70

Le Tigre ---------------------  Penei Sewell ---------------- 81

Claptonrocks ---------------- Penei Sewell ---------------- 94

esjbh2 ---------------------- Ja'Marr Chase --------------- 77 

westside bengal ------------- Penai Sewell ---------------- 110      

BBR ------------------------- Ja’Marr Chase -------------- 140     

TigerJ@w ------------------- Penei Sewell ----------------- 99

Schneider -------------------- kyle pitts ------------------- 107

bentheprop ---------------- Ja'Marr Chase ---------------- 123

UncleEarl ------------------- Ja'Marr Chase --------------- 111

fluhartz  -------------------- Penei Sewell ----------------- 120

Jc -------------------------- Ja’Marr Chase --------------- 66

Kochman -------------------- Ja'Marr Chase ------------- 185

Stryker57 ------------------- Penei Sewell ----------------- 83

BlackJesus ------------------- Kyle Pitts ------------------ 137

Mhfinks —— ----------------Rashawn Slater--------------- 67

Numbers ------------------- Penei Sewell ----------------- 109

Cricket ----------------------- Kyle Pitts ------------------ 127

BengalBuck ---------------- Penei Sewell ----------------- 124

Duluoz -------------------- Ja’Marr Chase ---------------- 101

Happyrid ------------------ Ja'Marr Chase ---------------- 115

Hooky --------------------- Jaylen Waddle ---------------- 100

membengal ---------------- Ja'Marr Chase ---------------- 49

TigerCub ------------------ Ja'Marr Chase ----------------- 88

HOF dan ------------------ Ja'marr Chase ----------------- 108

sparky151 ------------------- Kyle Pitts -------------------- 106

30 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Just to be clear there is no limit on number of guesses per item 2, BUT you only get one final guess correct?

Everyone gets 1 guess.  No limits on how many times Chase or Sewell (or Pitts?) can be guessed.  The first year or 2 I did this I limited the number of times a player could be guessed to 5.

Just now, Jason said:

Everyone gets 1 guess.  No limits on how many times Chase or Sewell (or Pitts?) can be guessed.  The first year or 2 I did this I limited the number of times a player could be guessed to 5.

Got it thanks.

• Jason changed the title to The 16th (Almost) Annual Guess the Bengals First Pick Contest!! Please see question first
  • Jason changed the title to The 16th (Almost) Annual Guess the Bengals First Pick Contest!!

Archived