No longer needed.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is everyone planning on guessing Chase?  If so I think I might do a repeat of last year and have everyone guess our second pick.

If everyone else pick Chase, I’ll pick somebody else.  😎

Tyler Dragon is on record saying he's heard from contacts within the organization that Chase is the pick, my guess is that will probably solidify him as the vast majority of picks in your contest.

Edit: Or not lol

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Actually not a bad idea at all.  Your call, Jason, but it would cut down on tie breakers.  Esp if they trade down (which I doubt).

The FO seems to reject that entirely, which makes sense if they're counting on draft position to offset inadequate scouting.  

There's a hole in the bucket, Dear Katie, Dear Katie.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The FO seems to reject that entirely, which makes sense if they're counting on draft position to offset inadequate scouting.  

There's a hole in the bucket, Dear Katie, Dear Katie.

They have traded down in 2 frequently.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

They have traded down in 2 frequently.

But not in the first round, where they could get more premium picks and still take a top prospect.  

Also those 2nd round trades have been for players they could've waited to take in the 3rd, haven't they?

My guess is they trust a consensus top 5 pick more than their ability to find a great player in the 10-15 range.  No doubt there are some, but can Duke Tobin and his potted plant identify them?

42 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

But not in the first round, where they could get more premium picks and still take a top prospect.  

Also those 2nd round trades have been for players they could've waited to take in the 3rd, haven't they?

My guess is they trust a consensus top 5 pick more than their ability to find a great player in the 10-15 range.  No doubt there are some, but can Duke Tobin and his potted plant identify them?

I don’t think HSH was talking about the first round. 

18 hours ago, Jason said:

I don’t think HSH was talking about the first round. 

It was trading down in the first that Tobin seemed to reject out of hand for whatever reason.   Maybe he has dinner plans and can't stick around for a later pick.

42 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

It was trading down in the first that Tobin seemed to reject out of hand for whatever reason.   Maybe he has dinner plans and can't stick around for a later pick.

I think the team is set on either of the 3..Sewell..Pitts..Chase...

Hopefully in that order ...

I put a pick in but as far as the original topic....  it's your contest, you front the cash, so make the rules whatever you want them to be.  Guessing the 2nd round pick would be interesting and a hell of a lot tougher.

• Jason changed the title to No longer needed.
On 4/17/2021 at 1:12 PM, spicoli said:

Not that my opinion matters but I think guessing the second round pick will definitely make it a lot more interesting..

Would love to have multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd.  A lot of picks in that area that could really improve this team.

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

For the record (no pun intended), the sound quality of 8 track was great but those damn cartridges......always used to see the 8 track tapes thrown out of cars when the the damn tape got all caught up in the player and unwound lol

Hah...been there a few times! 

The first in-dash 8-track units were a theft magnet—and that came with window and dash repairs as an added bonus. Then, they came up with the “slide-out” units. You mounted it under the dash, and when you left the car, you could slide it out and take it with you. 

Then the thieves would just steal your car battery! Lol. 

Archived