Chase, Pitts, or Sewell ??? (closing arguments in last days)

Chase, Pitts, or Sewell ??? (final arguments)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming all 3 are available, who SHOULD the Bengals draft?

• WR Ja'Marr Chase
    • TE Kyle Pitts
    • OT Penei Sewell
  2. 2. Assuming all 3 are available, who do you PREDICT the Bengals will draft?

• Chase
    • Pitts
    • Sewell
  3. 3. Assuming Pitts is gone, who should the Bengals draft?

• Chase
    • Sewell
  4. 4. Assuming Chase is gone, who should the Bengals draft?

• Pitts
    • Sewell
  5. 5. Assuming Sewell is gone, who should the Bengals draft?

• Chase
    • Pitts
  6. 6. Is there a case to be made for not taking any of these 3 and taking someone else?

• Yes - (name them)
    • No
  7. 7. Would you support the Bengals trading back from #5?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Positionally right now, which is the weakest of the 3 on the team ?

• WR Position
    • TE Position
    • OT Position
  9. 9. Positionally right now, which is the strongest of the 3 on the team ?

• WR Position
    • TE Position
    • OT Position
  10. 10. Regardless of the team they go to, which of these 3 players do you predict is most likely to be an All-Pro first?

• Chase
    • Pitts
    • Sewell
  11. 11. Should it matter if Burrow wants Chase, and should the team let that override their decision?

• Yes, give Joe what he wants
    • No, a QB is not a GM
    • Perhaps, or at least consider his view in a tie

To me, if they can get at least a 2 & a 3 and stay in the Top 9 picks I think it's a no-brainer (even if it means going with Slater or Waddle or even Darrishaw.

Alas, that option does not even appear to be on the stove (much less the front burner).  So, saying at 5 would mean two different paths, both hinging on who I thought might still be there for the Bengals 3rd Rd pick.

If I go receiver (Chase or Pitts) at #5 then  my 2nd Rd pick would be Leatherwood (or whichever remaining OL they like best), then I hold my breath hoping Payton Turner is their when Cincinnati comes back around in the 3rd.

If I go Sewell in te first, my second rounder is a choice between Turner and either Terrace Marshall (if there) or Dyami Brown.  I likely would go Turner in the 2nd and hope Brown is still there in the 3rd.

In either situation, I probably comeback with the best available OL in the 4th and then BPA the final 4 picks.  I would likely use pick 6B or the 7th rounder on a top PK though.

I'd still rather have at least two extra premium picks than either option (but hey, that's just me).

This is how I picture things going down...

Somewhere in the Bengals "War Room" (aka Mikey's Garage):

Duke Tobin: We have no starting offensive guards, Jonah has only played 10 games in two years, Trey has a blown out ACL and we've only signed Reiff for one season!

Mike Brown: Weeeeeeeee! Weeeeeeee!!!

Zac Taylor: Sir, can you stop spinning around in your chair so we can discuss the draft?

MB: Ja'Marr Chase it is!! And for fuck sakes Zac stop leaning against the damn Lumina! You're going to scuff her up!!

DT: But, Mike, didn't you hear what I said?!?

MB: Mikey like wingy!

ZT: I talked to Joe today and he said he wouldn't mind playing more than nine and a half games this season. He also said he loves me.

MB: Elizabeth, show them the new jerseys again! Chase is going to sell a boatload of these bad boys for us.

Elizabeth Blackburn: Pappy, we've got all kinds of people who've already pre-paid for their Chase jerseys! Jason, Spicoli, Membengal and Jamie have already left their credit card numbers with us. They didn't even ask how much they cost! I will SnapFaceGram them later and let them know their orders are on their way!

Katie Blackburn: Daddy, maybe we should really think about some substance instead of flash. Joe's jersey sales took a hit when he went out for the season.

MB: Now Pumpkin, we know these guys will continue to follow no matter what. Feed them Ferraris and they don't even mind that we haven't won a playoff game in 30 years!  

DT: Folks, we finished dead last in sacks last year, our run game couldn't get going and Joe got nuked, is WR really the way to go in the first? I'm thinking there's going to be be plenty of guys who can play Z in the 3rd to 5th rounds. Maybe we can bolster the lines in the early rounds.

MB: I like that Hocker guy. Hocker! That's a funny name. It's fun to say! Hocker! Say it with me...HOCKER! He can play OG next season, we are good. Take him in the 4th!

EB: Selfie time!!

KB: Troy, wake the hell up!

MB: Guys look...this guy's name is Loudermilk! That's an awesome name. Let's take him in the 3rd round! Geoff, start writing the puff piece. Let the sheep know this guy sacked a QB three times in a game in high school. They'll eat it up. LOUDERMILK! 

Geoff Hobson: LOUDERMILK!

DT: Why the hell do I work here?

ZT: Because you can be completely inept at your job and still remain employed as long as we sell lots of jerseys.

DT: Oh yeah! Ja'Mar Chase it is!

ZT: Let's high five!

Bengals hand in their draft card. Somewhere, Joe Burrow sheds a tear as the Bengals Pro Shop opens.

If they take Sewell and Chase is still on the board, that represents a shift in thinking for the FO, IMO. We all know Mike wants the Ferrari, if they take Sewell though, it could signal that old musty is being phased out. 

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

If they take Sewell and Chase is still on the board, that represents a shift in thinking for the FO, IMO. We all know Mike wants the Ferrari, if they take Sewell though, it could signal that old musty is being phased out. 

I think he may still choose the pick but with alot of input from the girls who listen to the need/want of ZT and JB..

Thats the chain to decide on what pick

Imo..

8 hours ago, snarkster said:

To me, if they can get at least a 2 & a 3 and stay in the Top 9 picks I think it's a no-brainer (even if it means going with Slater or Waddle or even Darrishaw

Really think the issue there is they don't have the brain trust (scouting dept) to confidently turn those extra picks into something, and they know it.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Really think the issue there is they don't have the brain trust (scouting dept) to confidently turn those extra picks into something, and they know it.

Mebbe so.  Wouldn't think it would be too tough though.

11 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

This is how I picture things going down...

Somewhere in the Bengals "War Room" (aka Mikey's Garage):

Duke Tobin: We have no starting offensive guards, Jonah has only played 10 games in two years, Trey has a blown out ACL and we've only signed Reiff for one season!

Mike Brown: Weeeeeeeee! Weeeeeeee!!!

Zac Taylor: Sir, can you stop spinning around in your chair so we can discuss the draft?

MB: Ja'Marr Chase it is!! And for fuck sakes Zac stop leaning against the damn Lumina! You're going to scuff her up!!

DT: But, Mike, didn't you hear what I said?!?

MB: Mikey like wingy!

ZT: I talked to Joe today and he said he wouldn't mind playing more than nine and a half games this season. He also said he loves me.

MB: Elizabeth, show them the new jerseys again! Chase is going to sell a boatload of these bad boys for us.

Elizabeth Blackburn: Pappy, we've got all kinds of people who've already pre-paid for their Chase jerseys! Jason, Spicoli, Membengal and Jamie have already left their credit card numbers with us. They didn't even ask how much they cost! I will SnapFaceGram them later and let them know their orders are on their way!

Katie Blackburn: Daddy, maybe we should really think about some substance instead of flash. Joe's jersey sales took a hit when he went out for the season.

MB: Now Pumpkin, we know these guys will continue to follow no matter what. Feed them Ferraris and they don't even mind that we haven't won a playoff game in 30 years!  

DT: Folks, we finished dead last in sacks last year, our run game couldn't get going and Joe got nuked, is WR really the way to go in the first? I'm thinking there's going to be be plenty of guys who can play Z in the 3rd to 5th rounds. Maybe we can bolster the lines in the early rounds.

MB: I like that Hocker guy. Hocker! That's a funny name. It's fun to say! Hocker! Say it with me...HOCKER! He can play OG next season, we are good. Take him in the 4th!

EB: Selfie time!!

KB: Troy, wake the hell up!

MB: Guys look...this guy's name is Loudermilk! That's an awesome name. Let's take him in the 3rd round! Geoff, start writing the puff piece. Let the sheep know this guy sacked a QB three times in a game in high school. They'll eat it up. LOUDERMILK! 

Geoff Hobson: LOUDERMILK!

DT: Why the hell do I work here?

ZT: Because you can be completely inept at your job and still remain employed as long as we sell lots of jerseys.

DT: Oh yeah! Ja'Mar Chase it is!

ZT: Let's high five!

Bengals hand in their draft card. Somewhere, Joe Burrow sheds a tear as the Bengals Pro Shop opens.

You should probably check out my pick for Jason's contest. You might look less foolish.

4 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I was just having a little fun, champ. Nothing to get all wadded up about.

Not wadded at all, just seemed to be misinformed in what I actually think in your attempt at humor, thought I'd correct you. ;)

Yeah, Pitts is more likely than Chase for Atlanta. Even if they have a deal in place for Julio, they can't trade him before this draft due to the dead money hit. So if they are trading him for 2022 picks, they'll need another WR but it's not a first round need. What they should do is trade down if possible. If not, take Pitts and come back for a pass rusher in round 2. They'd be fine with a 3rd or 4th round WR. 

17 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Bengals hand in their draft card. Somewhere, Joe Burrow sheds a tear as the Bengals Pro Shop opens

Bengals hand in their draft card AND it's time for a commercial...

I wonder if there's a betting line on how many melt downs are going to happen on draft day ?  

22 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Bengals hand in their draft card AND it's time for a commercial...

I wonder if there's a betting line on how many melt downs are going to happen on draft day ?  

Have to be pretty damned new to this team in order to have any kind of meltdown over a bad draft pick.  More like

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

39 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Have to be pretty damned new to this team in order to have any kind of meltdown over a bad draft pick.  More like

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Agreed. I have been through picks like John Ross, Cedric Ogbuehi, Dre Kirkpatrick, David Pollack, Chris Perry and Akili Smith all of whom I thought were TERRIBLE picks and felt strongly would be regrettable at best. This year, I cannot imagine what the Bengals would have to do to make an error like one of these aforementioned players. Whether I agree or not with the selection, any of the three options discussed or a trade back would be hard pressed to match the ineptitude of some of the bombs of Bengals past drafts.

Also, if you haven't built an emotional forcefield to this team, you didn't live through the 90's.

9 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Agreed. I have been through picks like John Ross, Cedric Ogbuehi, Dre Kirkpatrick, David Pollack, Chris Perry and Akili Smith all of whom I thought were TERRIBLE picks and felt strongly would be regrettable at best. This year, I cannot imagine what the Bengals would have to do to make an error like one of these aforementioned players. Whether I agree or not with the selection, any of the three options discussed or a trade back would be hard pressed to match the ineptitude of some of the bombs of Bengals past drafts.

Also, if you haven't built an emotional forcefield to this team, you didn't live through the 90's.

Any of those top 3 are decent picks but they could still trade back and then go after some Finley/Sample types in the 2nd or 3rd.  

Another reason why this "plenty of OL left over" strategy should give anyone second thoughts.

5 hours ago, SmoothD said:

If Atlanta is already taking calls for Julio,  they will probably take Chase.

We can only have hope they do, so that it helps the Bengal's brass with a much easier decision that they are apparently trying to fuck up.

51 minutes ago, bengaled said:

We can only have hope they do, so that it helps the Bengal's brass with a much easier decision that they are apparently trying to fuck up.

If you believe the internet scouts, they supposedly have Pitts rated ahead of Chase...so I wouldn’t get too excited lol. 

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Agree.  Unless they don't pick Pitts, Chase, or Sewell. 

While we may get animated arguing over what the Bengals should do, if they pick one of those three it is a good choice. 

Archived