Jump to content

Bengals not picking up fifth-year option on Price


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, SF2 said:

In Soo a Phooey”a defense he wasn’t a first rounder like The Price is Wrong.  

 

Yes, Sua-Filo was a lowly 33rd overall pick in 2014. But Bengals are sure to strike gold if they wait until pick 38, amirite?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

 

Yes, Sua-Filo was a lowly 33rd overall pick in 2014. But Bengals are sure to strike gold if they wait until pick 38, amirite?

39 is better.  Just saying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Lions just re-signed Ragnow, he is now the highest paid center in the league. Talk about polar opposite picks between him and Price. 

 

 

Sometimes you have to try to move up to get the guy you want. I do wish the Bengals would play the board a bit better sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Was range that much of a better player in college than price?

I think he was clearly the center everyone wanted...When he was picked right before us, well we know how that ended. Pretty sure no one thought Price was worth the pick but didn`t think he was going to suck either. 

Sorry didn`t answer your question but I have no idea didn`t pay attention to either but draft time all info pointed to Ragnow being the better pick. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Wow well I don't think anyone thought that price wouldn't at least be average

Detroit took Ragnow instead of Price..

Ragnow made the All Nfl 2nd team at center in 2020 and Price is second team Bengal center..

Soon to be 3rd string..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, claptonrocks said:

Detroit took Ragnow instead if Price..

Tagnow made the All Nfl 2nd team at center and Price is second team Bengal center..

Soon to be 3rd string..

 

Or released.  After his comments of wanting to move on the Bengals may give him that opportunity a year early.  Love guys who suck running their mouth.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Or released.  After his comments of wanting to move on the Bengals may give him that opportunity a year early.  Love guys who suck running their mouth.  

 

Exactly.  If it were me he'd be gone with those comments, whether from his agent or not.  You gonna go to battle with a guy who's already told you he's thinking about switching sides?  (It could well be his agent is trying to get him released as well, who the hell knows?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

Sometimes you have to try to move up to get the guy you want. I do wish the Bengals would play the board a bit better sometimes.

Sometimes you don't telegraph your choice so someone trades up in front of you and takes him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Lions just re-signed Ragnow, he is now the highest paid center in the league.

 

I have never wanted a center more than Ragnow in that draft ... Bengals should have traded up that year and got him stolen out from under them. Price was a rebound pick made in a panic and it shows. He's squishy soft and weak, while Ragnow is a berserking Thor in pads. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/8/22426035/frank-pollack-is-ready-to-clean-up-jim-turners-mess

 

This offseason, the Bengals brought back a man who was really making progress with the line in Cincinnati, Frank Pollack. Not only was he a quality guard for the San Francisco 49ers himself, but he is excellent at communicating what he knows.

Now he must get to work and fix what Turner broke.

Pollack told Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson that he’s ready to clean things up and develop the team’s young linemen. “I can’t wait to get them out on the grass and teaching guys different techniques that may be they haven’t been exposed to the last two years,” Pollack said.

That might seem like an indirect shot at Turner. But it’s well-deserved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/8/22426035/frank-pollack-is-ready-to-clean-up-jim-turners-mess

 

This offseason, the Bengals brought back a man who was really making progress with the line in Cincinnati, Frank Pollack. Not only was he a quality guard for the San Francisco 49ers himself, but he is excellent at communicating what he knows.

Now he must get to work and fix what Turner broke.

Pollack told Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson that he’s ready to clean things up and develop the team’s young linemen. “I can’t wait to get them out on the grass and teaching guys different techniques that may be they haven’t been exposed to the last two years,” Pollack said.

That might seem like an indirect shot at Turner. But it’s well-deserved.

Price had a 66 pff in pass protecting under Pollack..

It dropped to the 20's with Turner..

Spain had never been under 70 in pass proyection in his cateer ..

Under Turner he graded 45...

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Price had a 66pff in pass protecting under Pollack..

It dropped to the 20's with Turner..

Spain had never been under 70 in pass proyection in his cateer ..

Under Turner he graded 45...

 


Someone (Was it you, claptonrocks?) a couple weeks ago had posted the actual numbers for a few players under Turner vs. the same players under Pollack and the difference was astounding.  
 

I think that this line will prove to be outstanding under Pollack, especially with the new additions.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cricket said:


Someone (Was it you, claptonrocks?) a couple weeks ago had posted the actual numbers for a few players under Turner vs. the same players under Pollack and the difference was astounding.  
 

I think that this line will prove to be outstanding under Pollack, especially with the new additions.  

Not sure it was me but Im aware of the difference between Pollack and Turner..

 

Turner damn near ruined a few of these guys ..

Pollack will bring much needed coaching up with them..

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

This is the team that kept Bob Bratkowski about 5 years too long. And is giving Zac Taylor a season 3. And passed on Bill Callahan in favor of Jim Turner. 

Agree about Turner over Callahan.

Like going from top to bottom in coaching abilities...

They now have that in Coach Pollack..

 

I still believe in ZT's offensive schemes..

This is year 1 in having protection and weapons to put it to use..

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...