The Official 2021 First Round Draft Thread !!!

I read something today that I hadn't thought of and  don't recall anyone mentioning. Assuming we draft Chase and he's all that and a bag of chips, next year we are going to have 3 WRs fighting over 1 ball. That's not including any TEs or Joe Mixon, who will be getting paid a lot of money to watch.

Food for thought

Just now, gupps said:

I read something today that I hadn't thought of and  don't recall anyone mentioning. Assuming we draft Chase and he's all that and a bag of chips, next year we are going to have 3 WRs fighting over 1 ball. That's not including any TEs or Joe Mixon, who will be getting paid a lot of money to watch.

Food for thought

It's a good problem to have.   However, I try not to assume too much when it comes to decisions made by Bengal's management.  Too many let downs in the past.

5 minutes ago, gupps said:

Food for thought

I think the argument is that Higgins, who actually has proven he can play at the NFL level, is unfortunately not a WR1 because reasons.

Shame, really.  I assume if Chase is drafted then Higgins will eventually go be a productive WR1 for some other idiots that don't benefit from our superior talent evaluation.

4 minutes ago, Numbers said:

It's a good problem to have.   However, I try not to assume too much when it comes to decisions made by Bengal's management.  Too many let downs in the past.

Not really, someone is going to get pissed cuz they aren't getting targets. And a lot of contracts have escalators for catches and/or yards. Low targets numbers could hurt their wallet.

10 minutes ago, gupps said:

Food for thought

104 targets to AJ last year. There’s plenty to go around. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

My celebration beverage tonight will be Woodbridge Reserve Rye Whiskey. I can’t post the picture because the file size is too large. 

Woodford Reserve has some tasty selections.  This night is guaranteed to have at least 3 happy people regardless of who gets drafted... 😁🍻

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

Woodford Reserve has some tasty selections.  This night is guaranteed to have at least 3 happy people regardless of who gets drafted... 😁🍻

I can't get TOO happy...lol   I have to be at work at 6:00 A.M.

Just now, Sox said:

I can't get TOO happy...lol   I have to be at work at 6:00 A.M.

I'm coming off surgery a nine days ago and this is my first drink.  Rebuilt nose is very enjoyable and is a great diet.  In other words, I can't overdue it either.  Cheers.

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Yes, Woodford. The rye is delish. 

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah it's pretty amazing what Higgins was able to do just in a supporting role

He'll have the same role with the same amount of touches even if they draft Chase. There are plenty of balls to go around for all, they could very well finish the season with three 1000 yard WR's. 

Archived