*** RD 1 BENGALS DRAFT - JA'MARR CHASE (WR) ***

5 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

knew they couldnt pass up a shiney new skill player and ignore protecting the qb and having a solid line to run behind.    but its not like the qb got killed last year so he'll  be ok.......  

We’ve got 7 more picks. 

14 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

knew they couldnt pass up a shiney new skill player and ignore protecting the qb and having a solid line to run behind.    but its not like the qb got killed last year so he'll  be ok.......  

We'll be chasing the elusive OT for another decade.  In the meantime, replace band-aid as needed and move on.  Hardest position outside of QB to fill out we had a fleeting chance.  It's a love hate thing.  I'd love to have locked up OT for the future and secure our QB solid blue chip protection.   I'd also hate to let this moment define what direction we're heading towards.  Especially if the unspoken happens to our QB.  I will not be saying I told you so but you can certainly bet I'll be thinking it.  But hey, we just got a killer WR and that's not a bad thing.  Go Bengal's.  Whodey !!!

I get that Chase might be special and his chemistry with Joe is worth extra points. I get that we have other draft picks. BUT

We already have two excellent WRs and, in Tate, a good slot guy. We've got a very good RB. Skill positions we're good if you work on the 3WR-1RB set basis.

But we have 1, maybe 1/2 of the FIVE OL guys we need, and Burrow has already been toasted. One day we'll learn that football is won in the trenches, but it's not this day.

We need to draft OL 3 of the next 4 picks.

Hope I'm wrong - but simply an idiotic pick. 

OL is a weakness

Your franchise QB got hurt

Your WRs aren't bad and you just spent a 2nd round pick the year before on the position

There is an OL available who some consider a franchise player.

There is a reason this stupid family has won a grand total of 5 playoff games.

I wanted Sewell badly. That said, I'm taking solace in the fact that Burrow really wanted Chase. It's baffling to me. Joe was exceptional last year considering he was continually running for his life and getting drilled, yet his enthusiasm seems to have never wavered. Even after the inevitable and his knee got blown up. He's been nothing but positive and he seems okay with it. Either his mindset is contagious and holds with this team, or he probably gets blown up again. Seems like the wrong move to me, but it's his health and career, we DID get an awesome receiver, and like last year I'll be interested to see what happens. 

Archived