*** RD 1 BENGALS DRAFT - JA'MARR CHASE (WR) ***

The CFL had its draft yesterday, and our GM (note: we are still the reigning CFL Champions) said:

"I tell you guys this every year. Every team is happy on draft day because they picked players off their list. It doesn't mean anything because the players have to do it on the field."

An interesting anecdote. On draft night, when Chase was drafted, there didn't seem to be a wife or girlfriend with him. But after being selected he did hug a young woman that you thought might be his date. It turns out she is actually his agent Caitlin Aoki.

181485075-577216749865438-3001726638005978651-n

Nate Burleson is on board ...

Former NFL Star is Buying Stock in Ja'Marr Chase and the Rest of the Bengals' Offense

This is high praise for the Bengals' young offense.
JAMES RAPIEN

CINCINNATI — The Bengals took Ja'Marr Chase with the fifth pick in the 2021 NFL Draft because they think he can be an instant game changer for their offense. 

They aren't the only ones that believe Chase will make an impact right away. Former NFL star and current analyst Nate Burleson believes the newest Bengals receiver will have more electrifying highlights than anyone else in the 2021 rookie class.

I'm going with Ja'Marr Chase. Not only am I excited about him rocking the new jerseys, I mean we're all in love with the Cincinnati Bengals new jerseys, but I just feel like he's going to be a great addition," Burleson said on Good Morning Football. "You got Joe Burrow back and healthy. He looks good. He's been throwing. I don't know if you guys have seen clips of him on the field. That combination between Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins was already great, so they're handcuffed together as they came in together... Now you add in Ja'Marr Chase who's going to be either the perfect compliment or he's going to be a true No. 1. Speaking of No. 1, he's rocking number one this year—he already made his choice. So imagine that, he's wearing the same number that he wore in college, rocking number one as a wide receiver looking to be the No. 1 wide receiver on a team that already has a number one wide receiver. This team is going to be tough to stop. These wide receivers are young, they're talented and hungry. Shout out to the Bengals, I got Ja'Marr Chase."

The Bengals hope that Chase, Higgins and Tyler Boyd can become the best trio of wide receivers in the NFL. They upgraded their offensive line this offseason, which should help in their quest to protect Burrow. 

If the star quarterback has time to throw, then there's no reason why Chase shouldn't produce plenty of big highlights like he did during his college day at LSU. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/nate-burleson-buying-stock-in-jamarr-chase-and-the-rest-of-the-cincinnati-bengals-offense

An interesting lengthier interview with Nate Burleson in bed (Bert & Ernie style)

- Can juggle (like AJ could)

- Scared of snakes

- Grandma gave him nickname “Marty”

- Doesn’t like scary movies (shares this with Burrow btw)

- Calls himself “the chosen one”

- Likes sugar cookies

9 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

An interesting lengthier interview with Nate Burleson in bed (Bert & Ernie style)

- Can juggle (like AJ could)

- Scared of snakes

- Grandma gave him nickname “Marty”

- Doesn’t like scary movies (shares this with Burrow btw)

- Calls himself “the chosen one”

- Likes sugar cookies

Thanks for sharing this! I'm really liking this kid, humble but confident! And loves his Grandma :6:

MOC out!

12 hours ago, MOC said:

Thanks for sharing this! I'm really liking this kid, humble but confident!

Glad you enjoyed it. I like to get an idea about the person behind the uniform myself, and think he comes off very likeable. He also has a calming presence and quiet confidence that I think others will gravitate towards.

All players in the NFL are physically talented, so what usually determines success is the personality of the player.

I am a big fan of Chris Simms as an evaluator of talent in the NFL. After the draft he actually pulls up the previous years evaluations and discusses his hits and misses. He takes accountability. I am not computer savey enough to post vids but I highly suggest you watch "In the Trenches with Dave Lapham" with Simms as his guest. A day or so before the draft he wanted the Bengals to draft Chase and gave his reasoning. Then he had high praise for Carman in the 2nd. I think you will really enjoy the video, especially Sewell fans. If someone else can post it I think it would be a good thing.  

15 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

I am a big fan of Chris Simms as an evaluator of talent in the NFL. After the draft he actually pulls up the previous years evaluations and discusses his hits and misses. He takes accountability. I am not computer savey enough to post vids but I highly suggest you watch "In the Trenches with Dave Lapham" with Simms as his guest. A day or so before the draft he wanted the Bengals to draft Chase and gave his reasoning. Then he had high praise for Carman in the 2nd. I think you will really enjoy the video, especially Sewell fans. If someone else can post it I think it would be a good thing.  

Here's a link to the YouTube video....Chris Simms In The Trenches with Dave Lapham

26 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Well, Sewell just said he has tested positive for Covid, if we had drafted him at 5 and ML was still the HC he would have been put on IR for the year.

Damn - opted out to avoid Covid, catches it anyway.

Well, that was the story of opting out anyway...

Archived