4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think the Bengals might do something like this:

Round 2: D-line.  Barmore/Basham/Ojulari

Round 3 OT. Little/Brown/Radunz

Round 4 OG. Cleveland/Green/Smith/Brown

That would be a very nice haul for them. Add Milton Williams to the 2nd round group as well. 

2 hours ago, palmer4mvp said:

If the Bengals can land Eichenberg or Jenkins at 38 that should shut up any of the national pundits claiming the Chase pick was stupid. The draft is playing out exactly how we had hoped with the OL depth being there in rd 2. 

And none of them will say shit when Chase dominates and the OL is fine.

If the Bengals take anything but offensive line or defensive line in the next two rounds, they are bigger idiots than most believe they are. I am a Longhorns fan and agree with those hoping to steer clear of Cosmi. I'd be pleased with either Teven Jenkins (2nd) or Dillon Radunz (3rd) but my strong preference would be to go OT/OG now. Christian Barmore intrigues me too but, going WR in the first has me wanting nothing but offensive line next.

I think the ship has sailed on building an above average O-line. Replacing Hart with Reiff and Jordan with XSF plus hiring Pollack should be enough to get the line from "Bad" to "Slightly Below Average". Sewell or Slater were the keys to building toward "Above Average".  As long as Williams and Reiff stay healthy, we'll be ok at OT for 2021. That's hardly a given, though. But the team seems to assume things will work out on the O-line as we've seen in recent years.

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

No Sewell or Slater so the season is over before it even begins....some of you guys are just too much.  😆

What's the point in even watching anymore for some of you miserable fucks?

Joe should just retire.

18 minutes ago, spicoli said:

No Sewell or Slater so the season is over before it even begins....some of you guys are just too much.  😆

No shit. They got their OT. Reiff. So they could get BPA at 5 and not pass on a potential superstar just to fill a spot. And now the 2nd round is still deep with OL. Worked out brilliantly.

Also, Chase is O line help.

28 minutes ago, Hooky said:

No shit. They got their OT. Reiff. So they could get BPA at 5 and not pass on a potential superstar just to fill a spot. And now the 2nd round is still deep with OL. Worked out brilliantly.

Also, Chase is O line help.

Thank you.  Reiff is a GIGANTIC upgrade at right tackle.  Williams will be fine this year. Best yet, we still have cap money we have to spend and there are good guards in FA still available.  Oh, and Eifert is available!

21 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Thank you.  Reiff is a GIGANTIC upgrade at right tackle.  Williams will be fine this year. Best yet, we still have cap money we have to spend and there are good guards in FA still available.  Oh, and Eifert is available!

And Pollack will make a big difference. There is the usual bengal hate in the media. They usually slobber over high profile skill players getting picked. They are on this protect Burrow mantra and ignore that the bengals have been addressing it. While we are getting lower grades on this pick, the stealers are getting higher grades for doing the same thing. They have a huge need for OL, but drafted Najee Harris instead and will probably go OL in the 2nd. But the draft experts are cool with it.

Last yr there was all kinds of bitching for taking Tee instead of a lineman. If we'd have taken Sewell now it would have necessitated a move by either him or Jonah. Not al ideal fit. I'm good with Ja'mar. All I wanted was an impact player

11 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

What's the explanation for why we are picking 6th in rounds 2 and 4 instead of 5th?

I do believe its' the same as always - we had the same record as Philly, so it goes to tie-breakers.  The first tie breaker is strength of schedule, and the 'winner' is the team that played shittier teams overall but still had that equivalent record.  Since we had the weaker SOS, we picked "first".  However, that doesn't mean you pick first the entire draft, it flips/snakes (snaking when it's more than two teams who had the same record) in alternating fashion.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

BTW, what the hell were the Raiders thinking picking Leatherwood at 17?   Mike Mayock way overthought that pick.  

I actually think Leatherwood is the best OT in the draft - over Sewell or Slater, so I was not surprised he went that high. More angry that I wanted the Bengals to get him in Rd 2. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

No one said that but you, ya miserable fuck.  Quit battling strawmen then acting like you won something.

tHeRe aRe pLeNty oF gOoD lInEmEn iN tHe 6tH rOuNd

Seriously, everyone that wanted Sewell is just like..  meh.   You're criticizing people for a meltdown that only happened in your imagination and it's.. kinda weird.

If Burrow gets sacked 100 more times and/or injured, please do call me out if I act like this much of a cunt about it.

Archived