The Official 2021 2nd & 3rd Round Draft Thread !!!

1 minute ago, Cricket said:

So we’re continuing on the path

of selecting players in the second round that were rated as 3rd or 4th rounders???

:shrug: 

because that’s what Mel Kiper told ya? 

Just now, Cricket said:

of selecting players in the second round that were rated as 3rd or 4th rounders???

That's Mel's opinion. He was rated higher on more than one big board. I'm not sure the Bengals plan on him being a RT eventually, I think he'll make a great guard.

2 minutes ago, Cricket said:

PFF had Carman pegged as the 48th pick, so he went pretty much as expected.

Just now, spicoli said:

He very well could be as a G. 

I remember Ohio State wanting him when he came out of high school and actually thought they had him until the last minute, when Clemson stole him from us. He was very highly rated, the top Offensive tackle, if memory serves me correctly. I know Willie speaks very highly of him and think this might be a good project for Pollack. We'll see what transpires, but there's a lot of potential, I'd guess. 

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

He very well could be as a G. 

Granted IDK anything about him, just reading that scouting report and came away thinking he could use more coaching before we run him out there.  He's almost certain to start out of necessity though.

Welp, he's from my high school, so there's that.  I doubt he starts immediately, but the chances Spain or Su'a-Filo going down are very high.  He'll play at some point.  Hope he's ready.  Kind of a fatty.  A little worrisome.

Guessing on factor maybe they decided they didn't want to go into the season with a rookie protecting either edge for Geaux and move Carman inside to get used to thepro game.

Then next season they have 4 options.

A) Extend Reiff

B) Sign a different vet FA RT

C) Slide Carman outside

D) Draft a RT

My guess is C or A

Archived