The Official 2021 2nd & 3rd Round Draft Thread !!!

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah that's kind of what worries me..  We need a starting RG, not a hobby for the OL coach.

Something tells me, that the Starting Left Tackle for the number one pick in the draft isn't going to be much of a project.  

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Ossai has got a very nasty disposition, I love that from a draft pick.

I used to, before Roger Goodell's initiative to "Protect the Shield" by scapegoating small market defenders while allowing the earners to tee off on those same teams.  "Nasty disposition" just sounds like "suspended more than he plays" in translation. 

No question they need more pass rush after letting Lawson go, just hope this dude isn't an easy 15 yards for whoever we face.

41 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Im tellin ya right now that they’re thinking he can come in day one and start at LG. 

Williams - Carman - ?  - Spain - Reiffer. 

I think he's starting at RG.  I think it's Williams -Spain- Hopkins- Carmen -Reiff.  Right side tends to be the power run side, and watching him on film, his ability to get to the second level and punish LB's and Safeties will enhance our run game.  It also gets him comfortable on that side, preparing him to slide out if/when Reiff moves on.

Just now, kennethmw said:

I think he's starting at RG.  I think it's Williams -Spain- Hopkins- Carmen -Reiff.  Right side tends to be the power run side, and watching him on film, his ability to get to the second level and punish LB's and Safeties will enhance our run game.  It also gets him comfortable on that side, preparing him to slide out if/when Reiff moves on.

We sure Hopkins is going to be ready to start the season?  With the constant reassurances about JB his rehab has been less of a story.

11 hours ago, kennethmw said:

I think an FA not yet on the team will be a starter at guard.  These rookies are only getting limited training time before the season begins due to current Covid protocols.  Better get a vet in here.  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

I think an FA not yet on the team will be a starter at guard.  These rookies are only getting limited training time before the season begins due to current Covid protocols.  Better get a vet in here.  

They’ve got Xavier on the Squad if they need to start a veteran, but he’ll be in there 

Archived