*** RD 2 BENGALS DRAFT - JACKSON CARMAN (G) ***

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That's one hell of an if for a 2nd round pick & an OL with no depth to spare.  

I want to like this pick but why in hell can't we draft healthy players?  Sick to death of this charity ward mentality.

herniated disks require 4-6 weeks of recovery time meaning he should be ready by OTA's

5 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

I remember when you didn't used to be like this.

Profile_-_Eeyore.png

No shit. 

I hope this kid plays lights out if only so every single thread around here doesnt become a "OMG WFTBBQ WhY DiD We DrAfT ThE Wr? DuKe ToBiN I hAtE yOu!!"

17 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I went from being "Who?" to sold on him.  Like the pick a lot.

I'm being cautiously optimistic. I would have lked to stay put and picked up Jenkins but watching some of this kids tape I think he can at worst be a solid guard, which is all he needs to do this year so long as neither T gets hurt.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

No shit. 

I hope this kid plays lights out if only so every single thread around here doesnt become a "OMG WFTBBQ WhY DiD We DrAfT ThE Wr? DuKe ToBiN I hAtE yOu!!"

The first thing Kiper said was that he didn't expect him to go this early, so I expected another Sample type shit storm since the bengals went against the gospel of the mock drafts. 

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

The first thing Kiper said was that he didn't expect him to go this early, so I expected another Sample type shit storm since the bengals went against the gospel of the mock drafts. 

Does anyone have Kioers final mock? Where did he grade this kid? 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Does anyone have Kioers final mock? Where did he grade this kid? 

I don't have that, but I think he said 3rd or 4th. This is what PFN's Ian Cummings said:

Jackson Carman’s best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft

Part of Jackson Carman’s fit depends on what position teams envision him playing. I think he’s a solid Day 2 pick as an offensive tackle, but he may have additional upside at guard. Working on the interior would not only alleviate some of his concerns but also accentuate some of his strengths. He may be more highly-rated as a guard by some teams, which could impact his stock. However, he ultimately has the tools to be successful at both spots.

39 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

herniated disks require 4-6 weeks of recovery time meaning he should be ready by OTA's

OTA schedule—and limitations—are far from settled:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.acmepackingcompany.com/platform/amp/packers-offseason-2021-dc-salary-cap/2021/4/14/22384431/nfl-announces-tweaks-for-2021-otas-offseason-program-but-on-field-work-remains

OH is still in flux regarding the “large gatherings” mandates. And, it is different than the “30% outdoor limits” for in-stadium attendance. 

And then there is the NFLPA...

I like this “Cartman” fellow in any event. 

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Horse shit. I'm sure it is mostly about playing for his hometown team. Or anywhere for that matter. There has generally been a lot of excitement for any early round draft pick.

Someone steal your last beer? 

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Horse shit. I'm sure it is mostly about playing for his hometown team. Or anywhere for that matter. There has generally been a lot of excitement for any early round draft pick.

OMG NEGATIVITY bawwwwwww

8 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

I remember when you didn't used to be like this.

Profile_-_Eeyore.png

You mean when the team won more then 4-5 games a year?  Yeah weird how I was more optimistic about them back then.  Don't know why 5 first round playoff exits including a last second total meltdown against the dirty Stealers & then watching the promising rookie QB get mangled behind an OL everyone but the team knew was a disaster would affect my thinking.

Must be me.

1 hour ago, Sox said:

Someone steal your last beer? 

Nice deflection, you say something that's nonsense and I call you on it and I'm pissy. Young draftees are excited to be drafted because Burrow's here and they weren't before? Maybe Burrow should accomplish something before he is seen as lord god and savior of Cincinnati.

Nice deflection, you say something that's nonsense and I call you on it and I'm pissy. Young draftees are excited to be drafted because Burrow's here and they weren't before? Maybe Burrow should accomplish something before he is seen as lord god and savior of Cincinnati.

Oh horseshit. 

Just now, Hooky said:

Man...  You're a good year late on that ship sailing, it's already hit an iceberg and been turned into a big-budget feature film with a touring museum exhibit. 

That's an attack? I'm really sorry. I hope you recover.

Yeah I think saying someone "deserves to be trolled" qualifies.

I hope you recover from being an asshole.  See ya next year?

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I think saying someone "deserves to be trolled" qualifies.

I hope you recover from being an asshole.  See ya next year?

Now you're attacking the poster. Your posts deserve to be trolled. Is that better? 

47 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You mean when the team won more then 4-5 games a year?  Yeah weird how I was more optimistic about them back then.  Don't know why 5 first round playoff exits including a last second total meltdown against the dirty Stealers & then watching the promising rookie QB get mangled behind an OL everyone but the team knew was a disaster would affect my thinking.

Must be me.

Boo hoo. Poor Tdub.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

You're free to crawl back under your rock for another year any time now...

You're free to stop being a dick to absolutely everybody on every single thread. Talk about attacks. 

Archived