*** RD 2 BENGALS DRAFT - JACKSON CARMAN (G) ***

23 hours ago, Hooky said:

You're free to stop being a dick to absolutely everybody on every single thread. Talk about attacks. 

You're actually one of two that it's recently gotten personal with.  Quit acting like you speak for "absolutely everybody" when; nobody died and left you in charge, I don't think I missed an election, and you're full of shit anyway.  I don't think anyone here needs you to speak for them.

Just put me on ignore if it's such a big problem that you can't leave it alone?  FFS dude everyone's already moved on but you.  

On 5/1/2021 at 10:15 AM, Hooky said:

The first thing Kiper said was that he didn't expect him to go this early, so I expected another Sample type shit storm since the bengals went against the gospel of the mock drafts. 

Pretty sure that Kiper loved the Ossai pick though. If you reversed the 2 picks he probably would have been fine with it.

12 minutes ago, bentheprop said:

Pretty sure that Kiper loved the Ossai pick though. If you reversed the 2 picks he probably would have been fine with it.

I'm just glad whatever LB they coveted in the 2nd got swooped up and "forced" them to take OL.  I may feel differently when our current LB are getting blocked into pretzels and trucked by 180lb H-backs but if JB survives 16 games it'll be worth it.

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I'm just glad whatever LB they coveted in the 2nd got swooped up and "forced" them to take OL.  I may feel differently when our current LB are getting blocked into pretzels and trucked by 180lb H-backs but if JB survives 16 games it'll be worth it.

I'm hoping the LBs look better if the D Line can keep blockers off of them. There are a lot of ifs there though.

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I'm not entirely comfortable with our LBs. A bunch of young guys. I realize we play alot of nickel and usually only have 2 LBs on the field at once, but I think I'd bring back Josh Bynes if we can.

11 minutes ago, bentheprop said:

I'm hoping the LBs look better if the D Line can keep blockers off of them. There are a lot of ifs there though.

Yeah that certainly didn't help.  Can add offense ToP to that list as well.  Lots of 3 & outs.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, claptonrocks said:

Say hello to the next RG for the Bengals if his disc surgery went well..

Powerful and a finisher in blocks..Dropped alot of excess weight which will help his movements..

The boy comes to play hard and nasty gametime..

Id give the Bengals a B+ except for the back issue.....

I have a good friend who is in his late 40s who has played lacross in college and continued to play in leagues and coaches high schoolers. He still plays today. He had herniated disc surgery about 3 years ago. I see him frequently and after a couple of months and some light physical therapy he has had zero issue with it. It isn't like 20 years ago when the procedure was more invasive. I really don't think his back issue is anything to be concerned about, I am loath to "grade" picks but if forced with a gun to my head I would give it an A-.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:17 AM, Jamie_B said:

Does anyone have Kioers final mock? Where did he grade this kid? 

I would like to ask you to indulge me. Go to YouTube and search Mel Kiper. IMO this guy is the biggest fraud in sports media. He has been so wrong about so many players I really don't see why he gets any credibility.

This guy is the lynchpin of the entire Bengals draft. If he works out and becomes a 4 yr starter on this line then this draft will be a huge success and it'll justify passing on Sewell. If he turns out to be Billy Price then it'll be hard for this group of guys to ever be considered even above avg as a group

On 5/1/2021 at 10:02 AM, Jamie_B said:

herniated disks require 4-6 weeks of recovery time meaning he should be ready by OTA's

Herniated discs don’t really heal.  I should know.  

9 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

I have a good friend who is in his late 40s who has played lacross in college and continued to play in leagues and coaches high schoolers. He still plays today. He had herniated disc surgery about 3 years ago. I see him frequently and after a couple of months and some light physical therapy he has had zero issue with it. It isn't like 20 years ago when the procedure was more invasive. I really don't think his back issue is anything to be concerned about, I am loath to "grade" picks but if forced with a gun to my head I would give it an A-.

I am in the same boat. Recovery from a herniated disc is not a big deal and yeah, you can lead a perfectly normal pain free life afterwards.  The only issue is you have to change some things.  

One of the things I am not allowed to do anymore is heavy lifting of weights, in particular squats or anything that puts stress on the back. Bending over repeatedly, sit ups, and quick rotation of the back is not the best idea.    

He is young so maybe it was a one off with his disc but back issues rarely just go away. 

When you have back surgery there is a high probability you will have more back surgery.  Decompressions often lead to fusions.  Ask Tiger Woods.  It's not good.  It may all turn out to be nothing, but it was an unnecessary risk to take with all the other talented OL available.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Even with surgery?

The idea of a discectomy is to remove the protruding (herniated) disc that is pressing on the nerve and causing pain.  So, no...there really isn't healing involved except for the healing from the surgical procedure.  A decompression is similar except you are removing bone that is pressing on a nerve causing pain.  The surgery either works, or it doesn't. 

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

When you have back surgery there is a high probability you will have more back surgery.  Decompressions often lead to fusions.  Ask Tiger Woods.  It's not good.  It may all turn out to be nothing, but it was an unnecessary risk to take with all the other talented OL available.

Which really begs the question as to "why?"  Willie Anderson? Because he grew up a fan of the team? Redeeming?

I'm ready for him to come in here and never miss a game in his career but for a team that has been crippled by bad OL picks and injury-prone players it's hard to get my head around.  Why not draft a healthy player instead?

Maybe I'm way off base but when you talk about the Bengals culture what I see all too often is someone trying to run a billion-dollar business in a grimy, cut-throat pro sports league like it's a local nonprofit charity.  There's this disconnect where they don't want to acknowledge that in the end they are selling a product and that product hasn't been very good.

Or maybe that's just me being negative or w/e?

8 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

:suicide:

I couldn't even finish the article  Quick, someone tell me I'm an awful person for feeling sick after the first 2 paragraphs.  What in the actual fuck did I just read? Did someone forget to take away Ketchup Whisperer's keys?  Thanks a lot SI, I'm at work and it's a little early to be hitting the sauce but.. 

Dk7LW-JV4AE5m-C.jpg

21 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I mean...damn...I shouldn’t be surprised.  It was my first reaction and statement on this board when I heard where he went to high school.  Homer pick.  Mike Brown. He asked Paul Alexander, the guy that gave him Fisher and Oogie-Boogie.  My god, what a tool.  

I hope the kid lives up to Brown’s expectations. God knows Joe Burrow and the Bengals need him to.  Maybe one of the fourth rounders will play great and make the trade worthwhile. Just the same, It’s a terrible pick for the terrible reasons they made it. 

Archived