*** RD 2 BENGALS DRAFT - JACKSON CARMAN (G) ***

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

By the sounds of it they were going to pick Cartman regardless so the trade down was quite smart. 

I would make the case that the 2 players from the trade down Shelvin and D'Ante provide the best upside outside of the Chase pick. I feel good about both of them. 

8 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There was zero chance you would like this pick once they passed on Sewell.  No outcome other than taking Sewell would have satisfied you.  I don’t see anyone else getting triggered by the article with Alexander and I’ve read nothing that indicated Carman‘s surgery is a long-term concern.  That doesn’t sound like someone trying to not be so down on the team.  Pretty much the opposite actually.

You're being a little hard on T-yore, aren't you??😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There was zero chance you would like this pick once they passed on Sewell.  No outcome other than taking Sewell would have satisfied you.  I don’t see anyone else getting triggered by the article with Alexander and I’ve read nothing that indicated Carman‘s surgery is a long-term concern.  That doesn’t sound like someone trying to not be so down on the team.  Pretty much the opposite actually.

Optimisim is great, but after everything we've learned about the Carman pick, you really have to be wearing rose colored glasses to like it.  I'm pleased with the draft as a whole, but the Carman pick is foolishly risky when there were other solid OL on the board.  The Mike Brown story just brings into focus how this team works, or doesn't. 

On 5/2/2021 at 12:34 PM, T-Dub said:

I'm just glad whatever LB they coveted in the 2nd got swooped up and "forced" them to take OL.  I may feel differently when our current LB are getting blocked into pretzels and trucked by 180lb H-backs but if JB survives 16 games it'll be worth it.

jesus christ man, everyone family member i have except my sister and my uncle/his family are aall dead including 4 in the last 15 months, my depression and anxiety have me sleeping 19 hrs a day some days, my health is shit, and even i have a better outlook on life than you. 

its football man. "get blocked into pretzels by 180lb half backs".  fucking drama queen.

we added 4 new bodies, get back 5 healthy bodies, and replaced the coach who players and whose scheme and techniques were hated...  

somehow not trafting a first round OL is going to make 5-6 guys get hurt? its going to make the new coach be worthless and ineffective? the free agent and draft additions will improve notihng?

do whatever makes you happy in life, it doesnt seem like talking about the bengals right now fits that category, lifes too short to spend it like this. 

why would you qwant to just be pissy and shit on everything all the time. 

whats the logic in pretending nothing happened to improve the line because they didnt draft sewell?

you have to enjoy SOMETHING more than what youre doing here man...

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Please tell me more about what I think  🙄

I thought this guy sounded good until more details started to come out.  Recovering from back surgery + Paul Alexander still having his stubby little fingers in the pie made me reconsider. Is that really so hard to understand?

18 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

jesus christ man, everyone family member i have except my sister and my uncle/his family are aall dead including 4 in the last 15 months, my depression and anxiety have me sleeping 19 hrs a day some days, my health is shit, and even i have a better outlook on life than you. 

its football man. "get blocked into pretzels by 180lb half backs".  fucking drama queen.

we added 4 new bodies, get back 5 healthy bodies, and replaced the coach who players and whose scheme and techniques were hated...  

somehow not trafting a first round OL is going to make 5-6 guys get hurt? its going to make the new coach be worthless and ineffective? the free agent and draft additions will improve notihng?

do whatever makes you happy in life, it doesnt seem like talking about the bengals right now fits that category, lifes too short to spend it like this. 

why would you qwant to just be pissy and shit on everything all the time. 

whats the logic in pretending nothing happened to improve the line because they didnt draft sewell?

you have to enjoy SOMETHING more than what youre doing here man...

Jesus Christ ,man, you talked more shit about this team than anyone.  Literal YEARS of ragging on Dalton nonstop that everyone else had to endure.  At the end of the day it's just football.  I never thought to myself "Wow I better put on some patented Bob Bratkowski bifocals and psychoanalyze this guy over the bridge of a well-worn copy of Atlas Shrugged."

I just figured you really hated Dalton for whatever reason right out of the gate, kinda weird I guess but nothing that I felt the need to try and project into some bullshit character failing or life lesson on your part.  I argued with you about Dalton and left it at that.

Climb down from the fuckin' soapbox & go condescend to someone you actually know and genuinely give a shit about. because this concern troll stuff is weaksauce. I promise some internet football shitposting is not that serious to me and you needn't pretend to worry yourself about it beyond that.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Optimisim is great, but after everything we've learned about the Carman pick, you really have to be wearing rose colored glasses to like it.  I'm pleased with the draft as a whole, but the Carman pick is foolishly risky when there were other solid OL on the board.  The Mike Brown story just brings into focus how this team works, or doesn't. 

Gosh are you ok? Do you need to talk to someone? Boy you must really be a miserably depressed person to not like this Bengals draft pick.  I hope things get better for you soon.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Jesus Christ ,man, you talked more shit about this team than anyone.  Literal YEARS of ragging on Dalton nonstop that everyone else had to endure.  At the end of the day it's just football.  I never thought to myself "Wow I better put on some patented Bob Bratkowski bifocals and psychoanalyze this guy over the bridge of a well-worn copy of Atlas Shrugged."

I just figured you really hated Dalton for whatever reason right out of the gate, kinda weird I guess but nothing that I felt the need to try and project into some bullshit character failing or life lesson on your part.  

Climb down from the fuckin' soapbox & go condescend to someone you actually know and genuinely give a shit about. because this concern troll stuff is weaksauce. I promise some internet football shitposting is not that serious to me and you needn't pretend to worry yourself about it beyond that.

dalton just sucked, he had everything, EVERYTHING, great defense most of his career, great weapons, as i mentioned a trillion times, and he proved a trillion times, he shit the bed when the lights were bright and the games mattered, so watching the same shit tv show of dalton dropping the ball got pretty old... so i moved on, didnt post here anymore, and didnt spend sundays watching the bengals. 

i literally took my own advice and did something else. 

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I just figured you really hated Dalton for whatever reason right out of the gate, kinda weird I guess but nothing that I felt the need to try and project into some bullshit character failing or life lesson on your part.  I argued with you about Dalton and left it at that.

man you just fucking suck i guess, which is it, do i see through orange colored bifocals or do i talk more shit about this team than anyone?

im old now, youre reliving shit from my twenties, and i turn 40 tomorrow, bratkowski left when i was 29. 

my soap box? my pitty party maybe, how is everything has been shit for over a year a soap box?

me pointing out you dont see to enjoy your posting and others obviously dont enjoy your posting, if thats the case maybe just dont....... somehow is me on a soap box?

concern troll? the bitter fucking loser saying shit like "ketchup whisperer" and saying "will he get arrested to complete the trifecta" is very very cool, everyone was very impressed and found it very very funny.

the... ketchup whisperer, ... man... gold

30 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

oh man its in other posts too:

"Ketchup Whisperer talked to Ol' Musty about it and they agreed that tapioca is the best pudding flavor and also draft this kid LOL"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. man you are a treasure

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Please tell me more about what I think  🙄

I thought this guy sounded good until more details started to come out.  Recovering from back surgery + Paul Alexander still having his stubby little fingers in the pie made me reconsider. Is that really so hard to understand?

It’s not difficult to understand your thoughts.  You made it clear for months that you saw it as Sewell or bust.  That’s not really up for debate.  So it’s not surprising to see you shit on this pick any way that you can because it’s not what you wanted.  And you’ve never said anything positive about this pick in this thread or the one for Day 2 of the draft.  So saying you are trying to not be down on the team isn’t even close to true.  Not even firing Turner or releasing Hart has changed your tune.  

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I mean.. is he healthy now?  Maybe I misunderstood but it sounded like he's recovering from back surgery.  If this were a 4th or 5th round pick I wouldn't mind so much but considering the high pick & all the other players they passed on to take him..  Plus they're already carrying a LT that can't seem to stay on the field, a center also coming back from IR, and of course the OL being awful even apart from the injuries..

Then SI runs this article interviewing Ketchup Whisperer about the guy with the actual OL coach only chiming in at the end and it feels like they're trolling.  They've got to be trolling... right?  I'm really trying not to be so down on the team and the upcoming season but fuckin A man, throw me a bone here...

They are trolling because they're still trying to generate revenue from the draft coverage.

From what I read, he had the surgery and wasn't 100% by the time they had the school proday so he had a separate workout afterwards for people.  He simply needed the extra month to have the time to fully recover and get ready to do the dog-and-pony show workouts for people on his own once he was fully recovered.  Be glad that he listened to the doctors instead of rushing the recovery time and putting himself at risk of suffering a setback.

This shouldn't be a big deal, it's not like he just had 3 of his vertebrae fused together and there's a cage in his back holding shit together that he's going to try and play with.  It was a minor outpatient surgery that they were overly cautious about because of his size, age, and future profession.  If he was a 45 year old employee of Burger King, he'd have been back to flippin burgers in a few days.

You're also going way the fuck overboard with the Ketchup Whisperer stuff.  This was just a fancy camp run by an ex-NFL O-Line coach to make some golf money since he's out of work.  These kids toss a couple hundred to a thousand bucks each his way (depending on how many days it lasts) and he runs them through drills, gives them advice on what teams are looking for during the workouts, tells them some fun stories from when he was in the league, etc...  It's all a bunch of BS that these ex coaches do - hell I've even sent my daughter to stuff just like this for soccer when she was 13.  It's just someone scamming kids and their families for a small chunk of cash while playing off their hopes and dreams.  It's not like he's been training him since birth.

There were other guys you would have preferred as the 2nd round pick at the same damn camp anyways - would you be complaining about it if the pick was Eichenberg, Radunz, etc...  (I think both of them plus Leatherwood were mentioned as attending the camp).  You wouldn't have and you know it.  They (Ole Musty and Ketchup Whisperer) probably didn't talk about Sewell first because either he wasn't at that camp or they already had all of the information about Sewell that they needed.

14 minutes ago, BBR said:

They are trolling because they're still trying to generate revenue from the draft coverage.

From what I read, he had the surgery and wasn't 100% by the time they had the school proday so he had a separate workout afterwards for people.  He simply needed the extra month to have the time to fully recover and get ready to do the dog-and-pony show workouts for people on his own once he was fully recovered.  Be glad that he listened to the doctors instead of rushing the recovery time and putting himself at risk of suffering a setback.

This shouldn't be a big deal, it's not like he just had 3 of his vertebrae fused together and there's a cage in his back holding shit together that he's going to try and play with.  It was a minor outpatient surgery that they were overly cautious about because of his size, age, and future profession.  If he was a 45 year old employee of Burger King, he'd have been back to flippin burgers in a few days.

So, Carman is back to lifting and working out?  That's very good. 

Having back surgery at such a young age is concerning, especially considering his profession. 

Man it was a minor outpatient surgery after he played half the season last year with the disc herniated. He should be 100% by the time they start team activities. This isn't even close to the big deal that some of are trying to make it out to be. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Man it was a minor outpatient surgery after he played half the season last year with the disc herniated. He should be 100% by the time they start team activities. This isn't even close to the big deal that some of are trying to make it out to be. 

The surgery isn't major, but the fact that he has a herniated disk so bad that he needs surgery in his early 20s is an issue.  You're wrong on this one.  Many people and players have back issues, but they are able to control them with stretching, core strength, etc.  Success rates of microdiscectomy are a little over 80%.  Around 20% need another surgery within 2 years. 

Good lord, the kid will be fine. Let's give the pick a chance rather than just assuming the absolute worst case scenario, huh? I had back surgery after a car wreck when I was 17 and to this day I've never even given my back another thought. That was 35 years ago. 

21 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Good lord, the kid will be fine. Let's give the pick a chance rather than just assuming the absolute worst case scenario, huh? I had back surgery after a car wreck when I was 17 and to this day I've never even given my back another thought. That was 35 years ago. 

Look, man.  I'm allowed to have an opinion and voice it.  You're allowed as well.  I try to back my opinion up with facts and not make it personal.  Suddenly it seems to be in vogue to go after people directly.  Let's not do that. 

Glad your back is fine.  I deal with these patients professionally.  Back surgery is not something you want to have unless you really need it. 

20 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Look, man.  I'm allowed to have an opinion and voice it. 

I hear ya but this isn’t really about an opinion, it’s more about a belief….as in you already believe the worst is going to happen without even letting it play out. 

Archived