*** RD 2 BENGALS DRAFT - JACKSON CARMAN (G) ***

31 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Look, man.  I'm allowed to have an opinion and voice it.  You're allowed as well.  I try to back my opinion up with facts and not make it personal.  Suddenly it seems to be in vogue to go after people directly.  Let's not do that. 

Glad your back is fine.  I deal with these patients professionally.  Back surgery is not something you want to have unless you really need it. 

100%.  Really the problem is that everyone knows that shit on some level but they want to ignore it so instead it's fun to attack me on a personal level in order to deny it.

There have been people on this board for years that did nothing at all but troll and they don't have to endure this kind of abuse.  At this point the owner of the place is making it personal though so I no longer feel welcome.  There are people who I've never even heard of on here suddenly talking at me like they know me.

For those of you I've had good interactions with, cya round,  The rest of y'all can eat a fat dick, enjoy your little circlejerk and one less regular on your site to argue with.

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I hear ya but this isn’t really about an opinion, it’s more about a belief….as in you already believe the worst is going to happen without even letting it play out. 

That is absolutely false. 

We are here talking about a draft pick and if it was a good one.  I don't think it was and have stated the reasons why.  You have disagreed about the risks, which is your perogative, but the facts are the facts. 

I hope the kid comes through this and is a productive lineman for the Bengals, as I've stated elsewhere.  You choose to take parts of my posts and twist them into my "belief?"  My belief is your interpretation of my thoughts are poor. 

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

That is absolutely false. 

We are here talking about a draft pick and if it was a good one.  I don't think it was and have stated the reasons why.  You have disagreed about the risks, which is your perogative, but the facts are the facts. 

I hope the kid comes through this and is a productive lineman for the Bengals, as I've stated elsewhere.  You choose to take parts of my posts and twist them into my "belief?"  My belief is your interpretation of my thoughts are poor. 

All right, all right, settle down. I wasn’t trying to attack you so don’t get all defensive. You just seem to have convinced yourself of the worst is all I’m saying. No big deal. 

28 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

100%.  Really the problem is that everyone knows that shit on some level but they want to ignore it so instead it's fun to attack me on a personal level in order to deny it.

There have been people on this board for years that did nothing at all but troll and they don't have to endure this kind of abuse.  At this point the owner of the place is making it personal though so I no longer feel welcome.  There are people who I've never even heard of on here suddenly talking at me like they know me.

For those of you I've had good interactions with, cya round,  The rest of y'all can eat a fat dick, enjoy your little circlejerk and one less regular on your site to argue with.

I actually do like you as we share some political beliefs, so I'll be disappointed in you leaving as when you aren't just shit posting I think you have things to offer. but please don't act like a victim here, you aren't.

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Dude....

Fuck him. He called me a fucking cunt because he didn’t like something I was saying. There’s no excuse for that bullshit. I hope he drives off a cliff. 

43 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Don’t let others ruin your good time.  Your concerns are valid.  A lot of folks can’t take it when people disagree with them these days.  Take a few days or a week off.  Let everyone cool down.  The ignore function is vastly under used around here. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Fuck him. He called me a fucking cunt because he didn’t like something I was saying. There’s no excuse for that bullshit. I hope he drives off a cliff. 

I missed that, but seems like the board has the torches and pitchforks out for him.  Still, pretty extreme reaction. 

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I missed that, but seems like the board has the torches and pitchforks out for him.  Still, pretty extreme reaction. 

Maybe. I’ll delete just because. I have zero respect for the a-hole though. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Calm down Dub..

Yeah your posts are sometimes controversial but we've all gotten used to your style by now..

Thicker skin and a sense of humor is 

a good tonic to have on this board sometimes..

Let it go my friend...

And. .welcome back after a 2 hour sabbatical!...😊

53 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Don’t let others ruin your good time.  Your concerns are valid.  A lot of folks can’t take it when people disagree with them these days.  Take a few days or a week off.  Let everyone cool down.  The ignore function is vastly under used around here. 

100% his concerns are valid, nobody disagrees with that. It's the shit posting that derails the entire conversation.

Whether you liked what the Bengals did or not, I think we can all agree the Stealers offensive line got MUCH worse: 

LT Alejandro Villenueva

LG Matt Feiler

C Maurkice Pouncey

RG David DeCastro

RT Chukwuma Okorafor

2021 (Projected)

LT Chukwuma Okorafor
LG Kevin Dotson
C Kendrick Green
RG David DeCastro
RT Zach Banner

In the HTPG that just posted, Dehner interviews Bengals director of college scouting Mike Potts. If you don't want to listen to the whole thing - if you go to about the 27 minute mark they discuss Carmen. Off the top of my head, some highlights (but you should listen to it):

----They absolutely drafted him w/ G and also T eventually in mind;

----His size and athleticism and toughness stood out for what they want to be on line and in this division

----Called the back procedure minor and ALSO said it stood out that he played the last five games with the issue to help his teammates rather than call it off and get the procedure right away - showed a dedication and love of the game that jumped out at then

---said even with playing with the back issue his tape was still very impressive on all levels

----confirmed he was on their radar early - as early as back in their discussions of the position back in January

There was more, but that's the quick highlights. Like I said, whole pod is, as usual, worth listening to, but if you want to jump that part, it is around 27 minute mark...

I asked, when this draft started, for all posters to be civil.  It may have been asking too much.  I don't care which political persuasion you belong to, I don't care which clique you belong to, and furthermore I don't care how long you've been a member. 

Failure to remain civil will result in penalties delivered.  The main problem I have is that the main breakdown is that posters forgot the golden rule.  Attack the post and not the poster.

Use the report feature.  In this post I have not received any reports regarding the last two days but from the appearances, there are several that glaringly needed a report.

☮️

33 minutes ago, Griever said:

Omg he said something about pulling through mcdonald's and thought he was going to mention something about ketchup. Nice interview though lol

I wonder if Chad holds the local rights to using McDonalds in his interviews?

:ninja:

21 minutes ago, membengal said:

In the HTPG that just posted, Dehner interviews Bengals director of college scouting Mike Potts. If you don't want to listen to the whole thing - if you go to about the 27 minute mark they discuss Carmen. Off the top of my head, some highlights (but you should listen to it):

----They absolutely drafted him w/ G and also T eventually in mind;

----His size and athleticism and toughness stood out for what they want to be on line and in this division

----Called the back procedure minor and ALSO said it stood out that he played the last five games with the issue to help his teammates rather than call it off and get the procedure right away - showed a dedication and love of the game that jumped out at then

---said even with playing with the back issue his tape was still very impressive on all levels

----confirmed he was on their radar early - as early as back in their discussions of the position back in January

There was more, but that's the quick highlights. Like I said, whole pod is, as usual, worth listening to, but if you want to jump that part, it is around 27 minute mark...

I'm not familiar with HTPG can you post a link?

8 minutes ago, membengal said:

Dehner and Morrison’s pod - surely you all listen to it on the regular? Hear That Podcast Growlin’...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hear-that-podcast-growlin-show-about-cincinnati-bengals/id1477129521

https://podnews.net/podcast/ifua

Nope, never listened before thanks for the links.

Archived