*** RD 2 BENGALS DRAFT - JACKSON CARMAN (G) ***

39 minutes ago, spicoli said:

DBE7903E-CF47-4C9F-8EA7-5C60A5CD26EE.jpeg

Bengals got the value and then some in this trade..

If Ole Bill wanted Shelvin as much as Ive read why didnt he get him instead of Barrmore?

Maybe he wanted a 3tech type instead of a NT...

This was a good trade by the organization..

From the Morrison column on the rookie mini-camp day...

Feels good to be back, and the back feels good

Carman, a Fairfield High School graduate, had multiple reasons to be excited Friday as he put on the uniform of his hometown team for the first time in addition to making it through a practice without any back issues for the first time in seven months.

“It was awesome just being able to play football again,” Carman said. “It’s a blessing being able to be out there and moving around and feel loose, it felt great. Especially with what I went through in my pre-draft process. I was blessed to have a good team to do my surgery and a good team to do my rehab. I feel great right now.”

Most of the conversation with Carman centered on his first practice playing guard after being a left tackle at Clemson and FHS. The plan is for him to start at right guard, which is where he was working Friday.

“The number one thing is just getting reps,” he said. “The more you repeat something, the more it becomes muscle memory. Then you don’t have to think about it, you just got out there and do it. So just continuing to be on top of everything in my meetings, in my training and in my practice. Just continue to rep it and get experience under my belt is the best way to do it.”

After most of the players had left, Carman was still on the field having a prolonged discussion with offensive line coach Frank Pollack.

“We were working on me getting more comfortable in my guard stance and critiquing the nuances and different weight shifting and where my feet exactly should be,” he said. “Different weight angles and things like that. Just fine-tuning some things. I love coach Frank Pollack and everything he’s teaching me. He’s a great teacher and a great coach. I’m really excited learning from him so far.”

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Already better than Bobby Hart

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and grass

Not even close..

Wouldnt surprise me if hes the best guard on the roster soon..

I believe the Bengals will try and re-sign Riley Reiff if he has a good year for another 3 yrs which would leave Carman at RG...

If not they can put him out at RT..

Win..win..

On 5/15/2021 at 2:07 AM, claptonrocks said:

Not even close..

Wouldnt surprise me if hes the best guard on the roster soon..

I believe the Bengals will try and re-sign Riley Reiff if he has a good year for another 3 yrs which would leave Carman at RG...

If not they can put him out at RT..

Win..win..

This I totally agree with. I expect than and the addition on at least on more quality Ol next year to complete the set.  

Archived