*** RD 3 BENGALS DRAFT - JOSEPH OSSAI (DE) ***

Just now, BlackJesus said:

They drafted 3 DE's as well ... pass rush is clearly a priority. 

3 DEs, 3 Olinemen and none of that even talks about the guys we signed on both sides of the line in the offseason. 

At worst there is going to be some healthy competition which should raise the play of both lines.

All I know is Bobby Heart's ass is gone and replaced by someone who will be a big upgrade over him. 

The rookie Carman should be able to start at guard and maybe kick out in an emergency and hopefully maybe play right side next year. 

Adding a few other guys to be backups as I thought Spain played fine at LG last year will help as well.

My take is this .... If Michael Jordan or Fred Johnson are on the team when cuts are made, then they failed to address to Oline. 

18 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Sure, let me know when you want to be objective instead of shit posting 

Sure, let me know what post you were responding to then because surely it couldn't have been this one:

JFC, of course there have been starters drafted in the 4th round or later.   Obviously the odds of that diminish with every round, which is why there are round(s) instead of just pulling names from a fucking hat.  Secondly, there's a big difference between starting eventually and being asked to do it halfway through their rookie season.  

What did I say there that wasn't objective?  It's a fairly mundane statement about the draft.  In fact I went on to say that I thought you were aware of all that & wonder about why I needed to spell it out in the first place. That's it. 

Instead of disagreeing, or refuting any of it, or offering a different perspective that had anything to do with our draft or even football in general you instead went with the extremely phony and condescending concern-troll routine.

Sorry dude but you're kinda full of shit here.  :shrug:

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Sure, let me know what post you were responding to then because surely it couldn't have been this one:

What did I say there that wasn't objective?  It's a fairly mundane statement about the draft.  In fact I went on to say that I thought you were aware of all that & wonder about why I needed to spell it out in the first place. That's it. 

Instead of disagreeing, or refuting any of it, or offering a different perspective that had anything to do with our draft or even football in general you instead went with the extremely phony and condescending concern-troll routine.

Sorry dude but you're kinda full of shit here.  :shrug:

No self awareness got it

Oh and your "I'm just giving back to people what I am getting"..... Thanks Mr. Former President

Anyway if we are going to talk about that

Who has to start right away? The only one I can think that will need to is Carmen and well a 2nd round guard will probably be able to do that, the rest of these guys are going to be depth and hopefully get Michael Jordan and Fred Johnson off the team.

The way I see the opening day line is .... Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Carman, Reiff

That's 3 out of 5 new guys on the line from last year's opening day starters. And we added new guys that can hopefully add quality backup roles.

Now we wait and see if they did enough to keep Joe off the bench. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Anyway if we are going to talk about that

Can we?

the rest of these guys are going to be depth and hopefully get Michael Jordan and Fred Johnson off the team.

That'd be ideal but in all likelihood someone on the OL will miss games this season,  I'd really like to see them pick up some other average vet "jobber" type that can play a couple of different positions so these rooks aren't the only option besides Jordan/Johnson.  I can see carrying them into TC but no reason those two should make the final roster again barring injuries.  One halfway decent FA should be able to effectively replace both of them.  

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Can we?

That'd be ideal but in all likelihood someone on the OL will miss games this season,  I'd really like to see them pick up some other average vet "jobber" type that can play a couple of different positions so these rooks aren't the only option besides Jordan/Johnson.  I can see carrying them into TC but no reason those two should make the final roster again barring injuries.  One halfway decent FA should be able to effectively replace both of them.  

Of course someone will get hurt it is football. Best we can hope for is those injures are like 1 to 2 game types of injuries and that the depth is adequate enough to spell the starters if so. Right now I don't think either of us can answer that. As far as decent FAs to brig in I'd be happy if they go sign trai turner and put Carman as the rotational guy. It would mean a starting line of Vets and no rookies need to start.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

To be fair to Ghiaciuc, he wasn't skating so much as rolling backwards like a balled-up armadillo.

And Dennis Roland would pirouette until he was making eye contact with his QB

On 5/1/2021 at 6:17 PM, Jamie_B said:

3 DEs, 3 Olinemen and none of that even talks about the guys we signed on both sides of the line in the offseason. 

At worst there is going to be some healthy competition which should raise the play of both lines.

All I know is Bobby Heart's ass is gone and replaced by someone who will be a big upgrade over him. 

The rookie Carman should be able to start at guard and maybe kick out in an emergency and hopefully maybe play right side next year. 

Adding a few other guys to be backups as I thought Spain played fine at LG last year will help as well.

My take is this .... If Michael Jordan or Fred Johnson are on the team when cuts are made, then they failed to address to Oline. 

I think MJ was doomed from the start. Everyone knew he was raw regarding the NFL level and Turner just gave him a lick and a promise in technique then just threw him out there. The guy is very young for a sophomore and has physicals that include 34 1/4 inch arms. His technique was adequate with solid players around him at tOSU but the mishmosh rotating line and little coaching on technique hurt more than it helped. I get that he got pushed back into Joe and appears the bad guy here but IMP if we set back and think about it, who is the real bad guy? I say it is Turner. He is the coach who put him on the line without any real coaching. His footwork, body position and hand position were so bad there is no way he should have been out there without better coaching. I get that people hate him because he got Joe hurt. But lets give the kid a break and see what Pollack, a coach that is huge on technique, not just scheme, can do for him. Give him a pass? No, not really. Give a physically talented kid some legitimate coaching and let him do some backup work and some encouragement. He isn't a bad guy IMO, just handled about as bad as a rookie OL could be.  

Archived