*** RD 3 BENGALS DRAFT - JOSEPH OSSAI (DE) ***

On 5/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, Bunghole said:

Out of all our draft picks, I am most excited about this one's potential to immediately provide much needed pass rushing for our defense. 

I think Cam Sample is less than a half step behind Ossai. I see both of them having an impact this year.

On 5/1/2021 at 9:58 AM, Jamie_B said:

I would guess kicking Carman out to RT where they said he could eventually move to after Reiff is gone.

I believe Carman will be a fixture at RG and if he plays as well as he has in the past I don't think Reiff will be gone.

12 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

I think MJ was doomed from the start. Everyone knew he was raw regarding the NFL level and Turner just gave him a lick and a promise in technique then just threw him out there. The guy is very young for a sophomore and has physicals that include 34 1/4 inch arms. His technique was adequate with solid players around him at tOSU but the mishmosh rotating line and little coaching on technique hurt more than it helped. I get that he got pushed back into Joe and appears the bad guy here but IMP if we set back and think about it, who is the real bad guy? I say it is Turner. He is the coach who put him on the line without any real coaching. His footwork, body position and hand position were so bad there is no way he should have been out there without better coaching. I get that people hate him because he got Joe hurt. But lets give the kid a break and see what Pollack, a coach that is huge on technique, not just scheme, can do for him. Give him a pass? No, not really. Give a physically talented kid some legitimate coaching and let him do some backup work and some encouragement. He isn't a bad guy IMO, just handled about as bad as a rookie OL could be.  

I think that Turner taught him (and others on the OL) that if the opponent was about to get by them, to push him from the side and into the ground.  If you watch that fateful play, others on the OL were doing the same thing.  It works great...as long as it isn’t into your QB. 😒

7 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

I think Cam Sample is less than a half step behind Ossai. I see both of them having an impact this year.

Im seeing Ossai as a DE-LB hybrid..

His best plays come from a passing rushing lineman ..

He's raw at coverage so theyd have to scheme him properly.. 

Theres a fire in his motor all game ling..

Sample would weigh 290 or so and work at 3tech...

Honestly Im not feelin this player much..

PS possibility..

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Im seeing Ossai as a DE-LB hybrid..

His best plays come from a passing rushing lineman ..

He's raw at coverage so theyd have to scheme him properly.. 

Theres a fire in his motor all game ling..

Sample would weigh 290 or so and work at 3tech...

Honestly Im not feelin this player much..

PS possibility..

Here's a great article about how Ossai was used last year and how he could be used by the Bengals.

https://insidetexas.com/gameplan-jack-linebacker-and-pete-kwiatkowskis-pass-rush/

If Lou employs a hybrid scheme that uses 5-2-4, 4-3-4, 3-4-4, 3-3-5, 2-4-5, 1-5-5, etc....Ossai can stay on the field.

16 hours ago, Cricket said:

I think that Turner taught him (and others on the OL) that if the opponent was about to get by them, to push him from the side and into the ground.  If you watch that fateful play, others on the OL were doing the same thing.  It works great...as long as it isn’t into your QB. 😒

Here's a great video of Turner coaching them up....

After watching this video it's obvious this guy is a hack....can't believe Taylor hired him and fired Frank Pollack. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Here's a great video of Turner coaching them up....

After watching this video it's obvious this guy is a hack....can't believe Taylor hired him and fired Frank Pollack. 

Kind of odd that Tobin and Mikey put up with this guys as well, even after year 1 he should have been shit canned. Very strange. 

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Here's a great article about how Ossai was used last year and how he could be used by the Bengals.

https://insidetexas.com/gameplan-jack-linebacker-and-pete-kwiatkowskis-pass-rush/

If Lou employs a hybrid scheme that uses 5-2-4, 4-3-4, 3-4-4, 3-3-5, 2-4-5, 1-5-5, etc....Ossai can stay on the field.

Good read...tks

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Certainly not sticking up for this guy, especially after Bullygate, but I’m not really hearing anything all that bad in that clip.

Here's another gem...he's decent college coach.  No way he's coaching grown men like that, atleast not successfully. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived