The Official 2021 4th – 7th Rounds Draft Thread !!!

Just now, spicoli said:

D’ante Smith is nice value, I had him

pegged as a 3rd rounder. Very nice developmental OT. 

The good part is he's gifted with things you can't teach and lacks in things that are, at least in theory, "fixable".  

Just now, gupps said:

lack of size and strength is a concern. 

This seems like the easiest thing for a rookie to fix, just about any college player bulks up some over their first 2-3 pro seasons.  Unless the dude is just naturally undersized or has to start right away ( 👀 )..  otherwise this won't matter much.

Welp, I wanted them to jam the trenches with new blood and they've done so, so I'm feeling more optimistic.  We could use at least one more OL prospect, but now back to needs - get a fuggin kicker here somewhere, I really don't want to go into another season with "this castoff guy looks good, must have had a bad day, he'll be good", then he single-handedly chokes away multiple games.

1 minute ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

30+ years later, Mike Brown is finally convinced that you need to always draft Lineman. Somewhere, ML is giggling 

Finally figured out other team’s scraps at OL are pretty much trash. 

7 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I am loving that East Carolina pick!  About time picking OLman.

Hoping this is one of those deals where the biggest knock on the guy is that he didn't play in a larger conference

Overview
McPherson handled both field goal and kickoff duties at Florida with a leg that generates decent power and quick lift on each kick. He strikes the ball with good consistency and an end-over-end delivery that leads to quality accuracy and placement. While he struggled more than usual beyond 40 yards in 2020, it should be correctable. McPherson has a good chance of being a Day 3 selection and finding work in the NFL.
Strengths
  • Connected on 85 percent of his career field goals.
  • Made 94.5 percent from inside 40 yards during career.
  • Kicks with short, controlled follow through.
  • Uses drive kick when he needs extra on it.
  • Consistent trajectory and end-over-end balls.
  • Adequate hang-time on kickoffs.
Weaknesses
  • Smaller than average build.
  • Saw field goal percentage drop to 77 percent in 2020.
  • Missed on his last three field goal tries of 50 yards or more.
  • Kicked off out of bounds twice in 2020.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Hoping this is one of those deals where the biggest knock on the guy is that he didn't play in a larger conference

His biggest knock is the fact that he hasn’t been able to hold weight. He’s 6’6 290. Imagine if he packs on another 20lbs. 

Archived