*** RD 5 BENGALS DRAFT - EVAN McPHERSON (K) ***

I loved how Burrow said in post-game interview on the field that they could tell right away when McPherson entered the building in training camp that he was the shit.

You wonder what Burrow thought his rookie year when saw Randy waddling by.  Hey, who's the IT guy?  Oh wait, that's our fatass kicker?

"Man, thought I was going to win my first ever start.  Then the refs called OPI on Green. No matter, I'll win this in overtime.  Oh shit, that fatass cramped up and missed it?" 

11 hours ago, High School Harry said:

If the Bengals don't re-sign this guy in the off season it will be a PR nightmare.

Personally, I really hope they do.  

Uh, no. 

This team just won 2 playoff games for the first time in decades.  PR nightmare?  That's a joke. 

Biggest problem if he leaves is that they don't have an alternative since Urine Sample is a total waste.  Draft a TE in 2nd or 3rd round this year and hope he is better than Uzomah in 2-3 years. 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Uh, no. 

This team just won 2 playoff games for the first time in decades.  PR nightmare?  That's a joke. 

Biggest problem if he leaves is that they don't have an alternative since Urine Sample is a total waste.  Draft a TE in 2nd or 3rd round this year and hope he is better than Uzomah in 2-3 years. 

Thats too iffy..

Its not like CJ is going to break the bank..

Sign him to a fair contract and keep his play and spirit alive in Cincinnati..

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats too iffy..

True, and the good news is that it's highly unlikely another team will break the bank to get him.  He's simply not good enough.  The biggest problem is the lack of a viable backup.  If he's injured, the position goes to shit.

1 minute ago, tibor75 said:

True, and the good news is that it's highly unlikely another team will break the bank to get him.  He's simply not good enough.  The biggest problem is the lack of a viable backup.  If he's injured, the position goes to shit.

You cant possibly fill every position with quality depth..

They were allright with this tandem

this season and Sample is on a rook contract..

Not good enough like Kelce ir Waller?

Yes..

Good enough as a checkdown target..

Yes..

Keep the guy..

44 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats too iffy..

Of course I could be wrong, but I have a feeling CJ is going to have a huge game tomorrow. They're going to go all out to shutdown Chase, Higgins and Boyd, and I can see CJ surprising everyone. I look for Mixon to have some big pass plays too.

1 hour ago, BengalBacker said:

Of course I could be wrong, but I have a feeling CJ is going to have a huge game tomorrow. They're going to go all out to shutdown Chase, Higgins and Boyd, and I can see CJ surprising everyone. I look for Mixon to have some big pass plays too.

Yes.. I see alot of checkdown passes during the gane..

KC pass rush will dictate that..

If Im a Bengal fan I like the idea of Boyd or CJ. to make a play..

Mixon too...

10 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

I agree.

As far as Sample, I think he is under rated and not noticed as a blocker.

Ie when Prince can't handle the load, which is often, Sample is the "extra

lineman".  He also seems to catch a dump off pass for a few yards usually

early in the game.

I don't think CJ will command or demand big bucks and is worth keeping

another couple of years.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I agree.

As far as Sample, I think he is under rated and not noticed as a blocker.

Ie when Prince can't handle the load, which is often, Sample is the "extra

lineman".  He also seems to catch a dump off pass for a few yards usually

early in the game.

I don't think CJ will command or demand big bucks and is worth keeping

another couple of years.

I also think that CJ will take a hometown discount to stay. He’s having too much fun.

16 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'd really like to see CJ getting some 8 yard gains on first down. Set up some 2nd and 2 situations for Mixon and get him going, keep the clock ticking, keep the chains moving. Looking for CJ today!

Archived