*** RD 6 BENGALS DRAFT - TREY HILL (C) ***

22 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It's funny, the case for Slater was a good game he had vs OSU blocking Chase Young for part of a half. Trey Hill controlled Derrick Brown for a game in 2019 so the case for him is similar.

Go look at Jackson's tape vs Young, he handled him as well.  

Ooooo, they are WAY higher on Hill than i had previously guessed. HTPG piece on him was about 51 minutes in - said he is way more explosive on tape than it showed on his pro day because he was still limited at his pro day following the twin meniscus cleanups. Said that a scout’s note that they got from talking to staff at Georgia is that he can dunk at his 330 pounds - that his ability to explode up out of the snap and win angles is noteworthy. They see him as being able to play either G spots or C.

Frankly, hearing that piece made me move Jordan to even more endangered.

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

Ooooo, they are WAY higher on Hill than i had previously guessed. HTPG piece on him was about 51 minutes in - said he is way more explosive on tape than it showed on his pro day because he was still limited at his pro day following the twin meniscus cleanups. Said that a scout’s note that they got from talking to staff at Georgia is that he can dunk at his 330 pounds - that his ability to explode up out of the snap and win angles is noteworthy. They see him as being able to play either G spots or C.

Yeah, Sewell is not here, but Reiff, Jackson, Smith and Hill mean the OLine has a very good chance of significant improvement (greater quality depth as well).

Hopkins*

Jackson

Spain

Reiff

Williams

Hill

Adeniji

Su'a-Filo

Johnson

Smith

*Price

21 minutes ago, membengal said:

Jordan can enganger himself on his on..no worries there.

I would hope they slot him as a center...

We have guards now..

We have Billy Price as a reserve center.....Billy Price...

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Moving Jordan to the endangered list means we can take JB off that list 

13 minutes ago, membengal said:

We are in agreement there. I will never really be able to get over that, as a fan. It is just a thing that is always there every time I think of him. 

Let it go...let it go..

Just as the Bengals will do with Jordan soon..

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

Yeah, Sewell is not here, but Reiff, Jackson, Smith and Hill mean the OLine has a very good chance of significant improvement (greater quality depth as well).

Hopkins*

Jackson

Spain

Reiff

Williams

Hill

Adeniji

Su'a-Filo

Johnson

Smith

*Price

It's not clear yet what the practice squad rules will be for 2021. But if they keep the same rules as 2020, we'll probably keep 9 players on the 53 with a couple extra (including vets) on the PS who can be moved up and down as needed.

My guess as to the eventual depth chart:

LT  Williams-Reiff - Carman - Smith

LG Spain - XSF

C Price - Hill with Hopkins on PUP to start

RG Carman - XSF

RT Reiff - Adeniji - Smith

That's 9 on the 53 plus Hopkins.

Price is still on his guaranteed rookie contract so he's unlikely to be cut. Jordan and Fred Johnson, Sutherland, etc are PS candidates.

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's not clear yet what the practice squad rules will be for 2021. But if they keep the same rules as 2020, we'll probably keep 9 players on the 53 with a couple extra (including vets) on the PS who can be moved up and down as needed.

LG Spain - XSF

RG Carman - XSF

Price is still on his guaranteed rookie contract so he's unlikely to be cut. Jordan and Fred Johnson, Sutherland, etc are PS candidates.

this is what i would guess too

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

LG Spain - XSF

RG Carman - XSF

I think you have Adenijji out of place..

I ser him as backup LG and LT..

SuaFilo is more a leftside as well..

If Carman goes down they shift Big Q to the right and insert Filo or Adenijji at LG..

Edited..

I reread your chart and you did have XSF as backup LG...

I do believe Adenijji is natural on the left side though..

4 hours ago, membengal said:

Hill and smith are huge steals

1 minute ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Hill and smith are huge steals

I think you could be right my friend. If they can get some weight on Smith he could turn out to be a beast. Hell he might be anyway, kid plays with some serious pop even at 290. 

10 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

We also got our kicker which is awesome super strong leg and we won't make the same mistake we made with Jake Elliott

Which was pretty much a free pick after the trade.

That's the perfect time to take a kicker!

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Which was pretty much a free pick after the trade.

That's the perfect time to take a kicker!

Yeah, and this way you don't have to outbid/recruit anyone for his services.  I've seen some criticism about using a 5th rounder, but I think there's a good chance he was their guy and they had reason to believe another team would pull the trigger on him before their turn came back around in the 6th.  The two extra 4ths certainly made it easier to do.

Honest question....  why is everyone so sure he will be the RG instead of Spain?  I didn’t watch all of the coach videos and I’m wondering if Taylor, Callahan or Pollack mentioned it vs. people just making the assumption.

7 minutes ago, BBR said:

Honest question....  why is everyone so sure he will be the RG instead of Spain?  I didn’t watch all of the coach videos and I’m wondering if Taylor, Callahan or Pollack mentioned it vs. people just making the assumption.

Hill's playing center or guard, is that the he you are referring to?

30 minutes ago, BBR said:

Did you mean to ask this about Carmen? Bengals coaches mentioned him being at guard this camp and competing to start right away.

hill different circumstances but I am really interested in him now at center at some point this year. 

Archived