*** RD 6 BENGALS DRAFT - TREY HILL (C) ***

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I think he's going to be really good, the Bengals got a real steal with this guy.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:11 PM, JungleJohn said:

Regarding Hill. I think he could be very solid if not stellar with some coaching and conditioning.

Curious what anybody here could know about a Center from Georgia.

9 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I think he's going to be really good, the Bengals got a real steal with this guy.

They certainly seem to think so.  He’s an impressive package of size and athleticism at a position where few truly have both. Dehner said other teams considered him the top center in the class, but he tested poorly due to a knee injury.  Supposedly he can easily dunk at 330 pounds and he’s dropped weight since the season ended.  I can see him getting a shot in the next year or two and not giving up the job.  

The use of the term 'steal' is funny in terms of draft picks given every team passed over these players multiple times thus not a steal at all. I guess it would be a steal if many teams thought they could get a certain player later in the draft and another team nabbed them.  I also preferred to say 'value', they picks could turn into high value

On 5/6/2021 at 9:12 PM, Duluoz said:

Curious what anybody here could know about a Center from Georgia.

I live in Georgia, I've seen him play his whole career.  Georgia had what most considered to be the best line in NCAA in 2019, every starter from the 2019  line got drafted in the last two drafts. Hill started every game in 2019 and fell in this year's draft because he got injured late in the year and couldn't workout.  

So that's what I know.

19 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I live in Georgia, I've seen him play his whole career.  Georgia had what most considered to be the best line in NCAA in 2019, every starter from the 2019  line got drafted in the last two drafts. Hill started every game in 2019 and fell in this year's draft because he got injured late in the year and couldn't workout.  

So that's what I know.

Sounds good to me.....thanks.

Archived