Post Draft Taylor News Conference

This presser kind of confirmed some things I sorta felt I "detected" about Taylor compared to other years - specifically, he didn't have the outsized enthusiasm for the picks he's had for others (see Drew Sample, see Logan Wilson.. even Finley) where he's effusive and elated and makes it clear they feel super lucky to get the player.  This year he was kinda "yeah yeah he'll compete and we like him and he plays football".  

In this presser he says outright that "once or twice" a guy they "really liked" was picked right before them.  We'll never know who those players were or where it happened, but I for one would love to know! 🤔

It's the equivalent of your opening salvo on a dinner date being "yeah babe you're okay I guess but the girl I really wanted, who was smoking hot, was busy so I guess I have a night with you instead. Did I mention she was hot?"

15 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

This presser kind of confirmed some things I sorta felt I "detected" about Taylor compared to other years - specifically, he didn't have the outsized enthusiasm for the picks he's had for others (see Drew Sample, see Logan Wilson.. even Finley) where he's effusive and elated and makes it clear they feel super lucky to get the player.  This year he was kinda "yeah yeah he'll compete and we like him and he plays football".  

In this presser he says outright that "once or twice" a guy they "really liked" was picked right before them.  We'll never know who those players were or where it happened, but I for one would love to know! 🤔

If I had to guess, one of them would be the turds getting Hudson in the 4th. And maybe Josh Ball, later in the 4th.

When asked about getting someone for the back 7 on defense he smiled and said  a little something about that. I think that meant that they would have taken the LB from ND in the second if he hadn't been taken by Cleveland.  This Board would've had a fit passing on an O-lineman but...

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

When asked about getting someone for the back 7 on defense he smiled and said  a little something about that. I think that meant that they would have taken the LB from ND in the second if he hadn't been taken by Cleveland.  This Board would've had a fit passing on an O-lineman but...

Perhaps, good call but I absolutely can't wait to see what they do with Ossai as, as Anthony Munoz said, a linebacker.

He did say they went with the kicker in the 5th (high) because they did not think he would be there in the 6th and 

he has already been given the keys to the kicking Lumina and a quarter tank of gas.

Archived