Undrafted Free Agent Signings + Rumours

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Yes, it's different - but I didn't think starting a whole separate thread made sense.

I wasn’t questioning why it was in this thread.  I just wanted confirmation (or a refuting) that another team could still sign him away.

• 3 weeks later...

The Texans are SO incompetent. I still cannot believe, when we were about to waive Finley, that they gave us one of their early sixths for one of our sevenths. We got like 28 places of improved draft position. Drafted Chris Evans in that spot. For a guy that was clearly gonna clear waivers and that Houston could have signed without forfeiting 28 places of draft position late in the draft. Who they now cut. I mean, good lord. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

The Texans are SO incompetent. I still cannot believe, when we were about to waive Finley, that they gave us one of their early sixths for one of our sevenths. We got like 28 places of improved draft position. Drafted Chris Evans in that spot. For a guy that was clearly gonna clear waivers and that Houston could have signed without forfeiting 28 places of draft position late in the draft. Who they now cut. I mean, good lord. 

They're run by a moron and a charlatan,  the results are expected.  

4 hours ago, membengal said:

And to replace Ryan Finley, they signed Jeff Driskel. :)

25 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

And to replace Ryan Finley, they signed Jeff Driskel. :)

I am still laughing at the sequence.  NO ONE was gonna claim Finley in the first instance - there was no need for them to trade for him.  None of it makes any sense. 

7 hours ago, membengal said:

I am still laughing at the sequence.  NO ONE was gonna claim Finley in the first instance - there was no need for them to trade for him.  None of it makes any sense. 

Everything they've done for at least two, maybe three seasons is really strange... basically gutting the team on a constant basis.  The only comparisons I can draw are teams that purposely tank/trade talent for financial reasons (Timberwolves, Marlins) or teams that desperately want to move to another city and if they show enough "bleed" they get their wish (VANCOUVER Grizzlies)...

18 hours ago, membengal said:

Actually, they never used our 7th round pick and packaged it to move up or to get a 5th round pick and move up from their 6th pick they gave us.  They picked a LB Wallow for this round and pick.  We shall see if that pick was incompetent or not compared to our 6th of RB Evans. 

The Cincinnati Bengals added to the roster again on Wednesday, this time using the waiver wire to add linebacker Joe Bachie.

Bachie, formerly a Michigan State standout, went undrafted last year and spent the season with the New Orleans Saints and Philadelphia Eagles, appearing in four pro games.

The Bengals have plenty of young talent at linebacker as the remade position looks to go from a weakness to a strength. :13: But adding Bachie now speaks to how highly the team felt about him after the 2020 draft.

If nothing else, it’s a low-risk move for a Bengals team ready to have immense competitions across the roster this summer.

32 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Did we not pick up any LB's as undrafted free agents?

They announced Ossai can you see by the dawn's early light as a linebacker when they picked him.

Maybe they are considering some of the tweener edges as LB's.

But got this guy over Bynes... says something about Bynes.

To be fair…how do we really have any idea about the LBs considering the DL they were playing behind last year? I mean they were bringing guys off the street and then plugging them into start the same week. Hard to evaluate your LBs in that type of situation, IMO. 

10 hours ago, membengal said:

Nope. They didn't need to do any of that. NO ONE was going to snake Finley from them, and they didn't need to bleed 28 spots to get him. Only to cut him. just, stop. That was all-time Texans incompetence. 

It went over your head.  Finley was a supposedly bonus, but it didn’t work out, but they finagled their move back moving up no matter what you think.  Texans incompetence?  They whoop the Bengals arse all the time.  😂 

6 hours ago, spicoli said:

To be fair…how do we really have any idea about the LBs considering the DL they were playing behind last year? I mean they were bringing guys off the street and then plugging them into start the same week. Hard to evaluate your LBs in that type of situation, IMO. 

So, now they are bringing LBs off the street.....

• 5 months later...

Archived