4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure the drafting team is relevant?

To be honest, I don't understand any relevance to your point whatsoever. It's like you are saying there is some kind of arbitrary cap to how many players you have drafted in a certain round at a certain position. Isn't a need a need? Trying to make any kind of semblance of sense to your argument I was assuming you were worried about using your draft capital too much in one area and so I pointed out that the Bengals didn't even do that with Reiff. Apparently this doesn't matter to you so now I am super lost as to what your thought process is.

My point is, I have NO clue what it matters what round Riley Reiff was selected in 9 years ago by another team when you're making draft picks in 2021. Apparently you think it matters so, go on with your bad self. I don't get it.

10 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I just want 5 good OL - dont care what round they were picked in or by whom

So do I..

Hell i was on the Sewell bandwagon

but once Chase was picked i was 

hoping theyd draft a plug and play lineman..

I believe they managed that in Big Jack..

The oline has improved enough to make me believe the protection for JB and holes for Mixon will make the offense explosive..

The D looks alot better as well...

I like the makeup of this team now..

1 minute ago, BengalFanInTO said:

To be honest, I don't understand any relevance to your point whatsoever. It's like you are saying there is some kind of arbitrary cap to how many players you have drafted in a certain round at a certain position. Isn't a need a need? Trying to make any kind of semblance of sense to your argument I was assuming you were worried about using your draft capital too much in one area and so I pointed out that the Bengals didn't even do that with Reiff. Apparently this doesn't matter to you so now I am super lost as to what your thought process is.

My point is, I have NO clue what it matters what round Riley Reiff was selected in 9 years ago by another team when you're making draft picks in 2021. Apparently you think it matters so, go on with your bad self. I don't get it.

It comes down to you have two starters at LT and RT and anyone drafted was going to play guard. I don't know that it's necessary to have the 5th over all pick play guard.

Even if we argue that the 5th overall pick would play RT in a year, just as we think Carman might have that option. I still don't know that you spend the 5th overall pick on a right tackle.

My thinking has always been this...

LT is more important than WR1

WR1 is more important than RT

Hell if I remember right from that Bucky Brooks article TE was more important than RT

I always felt that the people arguing for Sewell were doing so from a position of fear of Williams health and not from a point of assuming everyone is healthy who plays LT vs RT. Assuming .....and yes I get Williams health concerns are a worry for fans....(apparently not the team though).... The team told you that Williams is the LT.... some didn't believe that and that's fine. But if we drafted Sewell assuming Willams health is not a concern, you now have two guys that two different groups want to play LT. My entire argument is about maximizing your draft and I don't know that spending a 5th and a 11th (where Willams was drafted) is doing that when you can get good RT's in the late 1st to early 2nd.

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but for those interested

E0kPNanWEAwFC-h.jpeg

Will someone PLEASE burn those orange jerseys? You can't wax a turd no matter haw hard you try.

4 hours ago, Griever said:

Chase first #1 in Bengals history i think. Hopefully the last after it gets retired 😎

Interesting factoid.  From what I've been able to research, you're correct.  I thought that there was a kicker with the #1 but that was a different team.

6 hours ago, Duluoz said:

Bengals  2021 Draft.png

You know Evan McPherson is an interesting pick..

His abilities are exceedingly high.

Allways been the best everywhere he's kicked..

Accuracy has allways been alluded to how straight his kicks are..

The othe factor is his punting ability..

Hes better than good at it..

So you have a very unique kicker 

with Evan McPherson..

Proday under Simmons..

21-22 fgs...longest 60..lone miss at 58..

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You know Evan McPherson is an interesting pick..

His abilities are exceedingly high.

Allways been the best everywhere he's kicked..

Accuracy has allways been alluded to how straight his kicks are..

The othe factor is his punting ability..

Hes better than good at it..

So you have a very unique kicker 

with Evan McPherson..

Proday under Simmons..

21-22 fgs...longest 60..lone miss at 58..

Simmons really wanted McPherson, and for good reason.

• 1 month later...

Archived