• Tim Krumrie
    • Dave Latham
    • Max Montoya
    • Lemar Parrish
    • Ken Riley
    • Bob Trumpy
    • Reggie Williams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2021 at 06:18 PM

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

Wtf happened to Dan Ross that he's not on this list? 

He doesn't have to go in with the first few classes but he should absolutely be in the conversation at some point.

Hard to believe he wouldn't at the very least be in the top 17 though.

1981 STUD. Seriously doubt Kenny wins a MVP without that dude.

100 GIF by AT&T

17 minutes ago, crazycat said:

Man I forgot about Jess. He was fun to watch, also Essex Johnson. 

Throw in Lenvil Elliot too.  All those guys were fun to watch, but the next RB added to that list should be Pete Johnson.  Shame the best of his career came when the Bengals were awful.

15 hours ago, spicoli said:

100%

BTW I love the whole Cris "Collingsworth" thing lol. I think the guy is a complete douchebag. 

I'd take Eddie Brown ahead of Collingsworth all day.

I'm voting Collinsworth for stealers ring of honor.

The Collinsworth stuff got me thinking.  What is really the criteria for "Ring Of Honor"?  Is it strictly what they did on the football field during their tenure as a Cincinnati Bengal?  Or is it a combined consensus of Bengals career, contributions/life outside of football, and being a proponent of all things Bengals post-career?  Consider Collinsworth vs Lapham.  Collinsworth had a helluva Bengals career and was the star WR of his era, but has since turned into a Stealer lovin', Bengals hatin', blowhard.  Lapham on the other hand wasn't even the best Bengals lineman on the field during his era, but has supported his community and become one of the most positive Bengals proponents since his playing days.  I doubt either player really deserves to be in the Ring of Honor anytime soon, but just curious what others think should be the criteria for inclusion?  Just playing days on the field or more than that?

9 hours ago, Hooky said:

I'm voting Collinsworth for stealers ring of honor.

It seems that more than other NFL teams, ex-Bengals players are disproportionately represented in the broadcasting sphere ... with Boomer and Collinsworth as the main ones, but also more recently Solomon Wilcotts, David Pollack, Andrew Hawkins etc. The problem is that they usually are not homers for the Bengals, but to prove their 'objectivity', they become haters and suck up to the Bengals rivals. 

13 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

It seems that more than other NFL teams, ex-Bengals players are disproportionately represented in the broadcasting sphere ... with Boomer and Collinsworth as the main ones, but also more recently Solomon Wilcotts, David Pollack, Andrew Hawkins etc. The problem is that they usually are not homers for the Bengals, but to prove their 'objectivity', they become haters and suck up to the Bengals rivals. 

I think Solomon does a good job of being neutral.  

11 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I saw an interview with Cris Collinsworth a while back where he explained that he doesn’t hate the Bengals but usually the only time he sees them play is on Sunday night and usually they play Pittspuke and play poorly so of course he calls it as he sees it so he comes off as being a Squeeler lover.

You also have Bob Trumpy on that list.

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

I saw an interview with Cris Collinsworth a while back where he explained that he doesn’t hate the Bengals but usually the only time he sees them play is on Sunday night and usually they play Pittspuke and play poorly so of course he calls it as he sees it so he comes off as being a Squeeler lover.

There are too many other pieces of evidence for him to dispute his love for the stealers.  He ALWAYS brings up the stealers no matter which teams are playing in the game he is calling.

No :ninja: 

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Did he also mention that in one broadcast, he said that he loves watching the stealers and will watch every game they play? Yes, he said that.

41 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The World League? That was Bill Bergey in the early 70s.  I don't think Bengals lost anyone (other than Steve Young) to USFL.

Bergey never played in the WFL. He signed a futures contract with a WFL team, but the Bengals sued for breach of contract. The court eventually ruled in Bergey’s favor, but by then PB had enough of the crap and traded him to the Eagles.

Paul Robinson, Virgil Carter, and Warren McVey did play in the WFL, however I think only Carter decided to go there because he could not get the Bengals to offer him a contract. 

Looked up Lapham's tenure with the Bengals..

10yrs ..played every position on oline.

Not the best but definately the most versatile lineman of his time.

Signed a 10yr. player/ personal services.contract with NJ Generals..

Longest tenure of broadcasting analyst in Bengals history..

All round good ambassador for the Bengals for a long long time..

Lap is pushing 70 now..

Id get him in next year to enjoy his 

appreciation from the Bengals..

Hoard would be saying . " The Ring of Honor Bengal., Dave Lapham"..

Has a good sound to it..

59 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Looked up Lapham's tenure with the Bengals..

10yrs ..played every position on oline.

Not the best but definately the most versatile lineman of his time.

Signed a 10yr. player/ personal services.contract with NJ Generals..

Longest tenure of broadcasting analyst in Bengals history..

All round good ambassador for the Bengals for a long long time..

Lap is pushing 70 now..

Id get him in next year to enjoy his 

appreciation from the Bengals..

Hoard would be saying . " The Ring of Honor Bengal., Dave Lapham"..

Has a good sound to it..

Great post...I agree 100%! 

Dan Ross signed with the New Orleans Breakers

Jim LeClair with the NY/NJ Generals 

Kiki DeAyala was drafted by the Bengals, but signed instead with the Houston Gamblers. After a year, he signed with the Bengals. 

Archived