2021 Schedule Release

Some quick thoughts on this.

- We open at home, for the second season in a row. Who would've thought?

- This will be a battle of "former" teams; Zim will be returning to the Jungle, Reiff will be playing against his former team.

- Feels like this is a pretty tough draw for the Bengals wk 1 even though we're at home, their defense could be tough. Stopping their running game will be an early test for our def too

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Some quick thoughts on this.

- We open at home, for the second season in a row. Who would've thought?

- This will be a battle of "former" teams; Zim will be returning to the Jungle, Reiff will be playing against his former team.

- Feels like this is a pretty tough draw for the Bengals wk 1 even though we're at home, their defense could be tough. Stopping their running game will be an early test for our def too

And Trae Waynes in his first game as a Bengal. 

19 minutes ago, saphead said:

So even with the stupid ass 17 game schedule the season still starts the same week of Sept. as usual? 

I agree with your sentiment about the 17 game schedule...16 games just had such good symmetry and preserved the record book for a long long time. There are plenty of other reasons why 16 is superior.  I won't rant about it anymore here though.

That is a good question though, I feel like they are essentially replacing one preseason game with a regular season game, and yet the season seems to be starting at the same time? I would think they would make the start earlier rather than extend the playoffs (and essentially the superbowl) til later.

37 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

"The team’s home schedule includes nine regular-season games and one preseason game."

Cincinnati Fox 19 News

What about Bye Week(s)?

One bye week - two road pre-season games.

Rumors on twitter are that Game 4 is home on Thursday night against Jax.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

What is wrong with you people?  You put up the first game without betting odds?   Rookies.  

Minnesota Vikings (-2.5, 47) at Cincinnati Bengals

2.5 ??? 
That’s disrespectful!

To the Vikings!

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Waiting for Jason's obligatory post about the odds now lol

Ask and you shall receive. :lol: 

9 hours ago, saphead said:

So even with the stupid ass 17 game schedule the season still starts the same week of Sept. as usual? 

The league doesn't want to start before Labor Day so they pushed the end of the schedule back and cut off what would have been preseason game 1.

Archived