2021 Schedule Release

E1OaK_1XoAEsd0y.jpeg

Quick observations: 

- 5 of the last 7 at home, hopefully during a playoff push. 

- Glad they are opening at home. 

- Thursday night vs Sunshine, past #1 picks. Should get some hype. 

- Bye week on Week 10 is probably ideal if you had to choose.

- Only 2 domes all year (Detroit & Vegas), which is good. I would actually ban domes. Football is an outdoor game.

- Bengals visit the new Raiders stadium, Vegas road trip around Thanksgiving? 

- Where's the Sun or Mon night games? 

- This is not a daunting schedule if Burrow is healthy. 

- No reason this team can't start out 2-0, going into Shittsburgh. 

Bengals schedule 2021: Dates & times for all 17 games, strength of schedule, final record prediction

WRITTEN BY

The Cincinnati Bengals finished last in the AFC North for the third straight season in 2020, and that's going to put the pressure on third-year coach Zac Taylor. 

Of course, No. 1 pick Joe Burrow suffered a season-ending knee injury last year. Burrow should be back, and the Bengals have a young supporting cast on offense that added first-round pick Ja'Marr Chase. Cincinnati ranked 22nd in the NFL in scoring defense last season, and they are up against a tough schedule that includes the NFC North and AFC West. 

Cincinnati Bengals schedule 2021

The Bengals open with a game on the road against the Vikings on Sunday, Sept. 12, at 1 p.m. ET, on Fox. 

• Home: Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs, Chargers, Packers, Vikings, Jaguars, 49ers
  • Away: Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, Raiders, Bears, Lions, Jets 

The Bengals face six playoff teams from last season, and that includes all three AFC North rivals in Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. The Chiefs and Packers both visit Paul Brown Stadium, and the Bears are the only non-divisional playoff team from last year that the Bengals face on the road. 

Burrow also will have some fun quarterback matchups on the schedule, including a rematch with the Chargers from last year's Week 1 game and a battle of No. 1 picks with Jacksonville's Trevor Lawrence. 

Bengals strength of schedule 

Cincinnati's opponents had a .529 winning percentage last season, which gives the Bengals the sixth-most difficult schedule by record. All four teams in the AFC North have schedules that rank in the top 10 for most-difficult schedules. 

Cincinnati needs to take advantage of that road schedule outside the division. The Bears, Broncos, Lions, Jets and Raiders had a combined record of 9-31 at home last season. That last-place schedule turned up the Jaguars, too, and that could help Cincinnati make a push toward a .500 record.

Toughest tests: The Bengals do have a ninth home game, but it's a tough test against San Francisco. The 49ers will be healthier this season, and that is not an easy game. 

The AFC West means a matchup against two-time defending conference champion Kansas City. The Raiders, Chargers and Broncos also will be improved. Cincinnati lost to the Raiders and Chargers the last two seasons. 

Biggest breaks: The Bengals have a good track record against the NFC North. Cincinnati is 11-5 against that division in their last four rotations through the NFC North since 2005. The Packers and Vikings come to Paul Brown Stadium. Aaron Rodgers is 1-2 in three starts against the Bengals. 

There also is the possibility that Cincinnati could face four rookie quarterbacks in San Francisco's Trey Lance, New York's Zach Wilson, Jacksonville's Trevor Lawrence and Chicago's Justin Fields. If Fields does not start, then former Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton might start against Cincinnati for the second straight year.

Bottom line: Cincinnati's schedule is friendly enough that it could have a winning record outside the AFC North opponents.

What about inside the division?

The Ravens have beat the Bengals by an average of 25.2 points per game in their last four meetings. That included two blowouts last year. Cincinnati is 2-6 against the Browns and Steelers under Taylor. Burrow could create a rivalry with Baker Mayfield and Cleveland, and those teams played two one-score games last year.

Cincinnati did beat Pittsburgh 27-17 on Monday Night Football last year, but that was a rare victory in a one-sided series.

Cincinnati will be an improved team in 2021, but they are stuck in arguably the toughest division in the NFL. A close-to .500 record would be a success, and enough to keep Taylor around for another season.

Record prediction: 8-9

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/bengals-schedule-2021-dates-times-prediction/141lsahd9av971d2oetqogxqvr

The NFL needs a rule that every team gets at least 1 Thurs, Sun, and Mon night game (1 of each).

I am actually shocked that the leagues owners don't demand such a thing, since so many other things the league does are built on parity. 

I think Burrow's injury is the largest reason for no Sunday / Monday night games. Usually the Bengals vs Steelers in December is great for Mon night.

Maybe the NFL doubts Burrow will be healthy by then or Rapistberger not retired. 

with times ... 

Cincinnati Bengals 2021 schedule

Week Date Opponent Time (ET)
1 Sept. 12 vs. Vikings 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 19 at Bears 1 p.m.
3 Sept. 26 at Steelers 1 p.m.
4 Oct. 3 vs. Jaguars (TNF) 8:20 p.m.
5 Oct. 10 vs. Packers 1 p.m.
6 Oct. 17 at Lions 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 24 at Ravens 1 p.m.
8 Oct. 31 at New York Jets 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 7 vs. Browns 1 p.m.
10 Nov. 14 BYE 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 21 at Raiders 4:05 p.m.
12 Nov. 28 vs. Steelers 1 p.m.
13 Dec. 5 vs. LA Chargers 1 p.m.
14 Dec. 12 vs. 49ers 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 19 at Broncos 4:05 p.m.
16 Dec. 26 vs. Ravens 1 p.m.
17 Jan. 2 vs. Chiefs 1 p.m.
18 Jan. 9 at Browns 1 p.m.

4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

with times ... 

Cincinnati Bengals 2021 schedule

Week Date Opponent Time (ET)
1 Sept. 12 vs. Vikings 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 19 at Bears 1 p.m.
3 Sept. 26 at Stealers 1 p.m.
4 Oct. 3 vs. Jaguars (TNF) 8:20 p.m.
5 Oct. 10 vs. Packers 1 p.m.
6 Oct. 17 at Lions 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 24 at Ravens 1 p.m.
8 Oct. 31 at New York Jets 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 7 vs. Browns 1 p.m.
10 Nov. 14 BYE 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 21 at Raiders 4:05 p.m.
12 Nov. 28 vs. Stealers 1 p.m.
13 Dec. 5 vs. LA Chargers 1 p.m.
14 Dec. 12 vs. 49ers 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 19 at Broncos 4:05 p.m.
16 Dec. 26 vs. Ravens 1 p.m.
17 Jan. 2 vs. Chiefs 1 p.m.
18 Jan. 9 at Browns 1 p.m.

Thanks for posting that, just noticed the schedule graphic didnt include that. Holy cow that is a lot of 1pm games lol

2 minutes ago, Griever said:

Thanks for posting that, just noticed the schedule graphic didnt include that. Holy cow that is a lot of 1pm games lol

That’s the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it, uh huh uh huh. 

The Bengals don’t deserve prime time games.  Not sure why fans are so delusional that this basic fact is hard to understand. 

they are one of the worst franchises in American sports history , no playoff wins in 30 years, and a history of completely sucking in prime time games. 

what is confusing about that? 

3 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

The Bengals don’t deserve prime time games.  Not sure why fans are so delusional that this basic fact is hard to understand. 

they are one of the worst franchises in American sports history , no playoff wins in 30 years, and a history of completely sucking in prime time games. 

what is confusing about that? 

Aren’t you just a ray of sunshine. 

I know fans take it as a slight to not get them but, I hate the Bengals playing in prime time games. Give me 1pm Sunday any time.

Also, the Bengals don’t deserve prime time games. They finished last in their division three years in a row and have won six games in the last two years. Other than us, who wants to see that. You want respect? Earn it.

I'm with you guys. I hate waiting all day and staying up late to watch them. I prefer the predictability of 1pm starts pretty much every week too, leaves the rest of the day open to do other stuff. Especially if they lose and I don't feel like watching all our rivals rack up more wins.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

The NFL needs a rule that every team gets at least 1 Thurs, Sun, and Mon night game (1 of each).

I am actually shocked that the leagues owners don't demand such a thing, since so many other things the league does are built on parity. 

It's not about fair, it's about making money.  The Bengals are not a good TV draw at this point.  Start winning and that could change. 

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

they can't.. they have to have the fucking sorry NFC East on too much

31 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

It's not about fair, it's about making money. 

True. But in that case, why let the teams with the worst record draft first? Why should the Jags get Sunshine and not the Bucs, if it's all about money? Or maybe Dallas, the most valuable team financially? The NFL has some good policies that are not built solely on money, but parity and equity between teams, because they realize that the dynasty of today, could be the basement dweller tomorrow - and a rising tide lifts all boats (theoretically).

Archived