2021 Schedule Release

13 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

True. But in that case, why let the teams with the worst record draft first? Why should the Jags get Sunshine and not the Bucs, if it's all about money? Or maybe Dallas, the most valuable team financially? The NFL has some good policies that are not built solely on money, but parity and equity between teams, because they realize that the dynasty of today, could be the basement dweller tomorrow - and a rising tide lifts all boats (theoretically).

Not when it comes to TV revenue.  The Giants will be on because it's NYC and they have a huge fan base.  The TV networks have a say here too.  You think NBC or ABC/ESPN would want Cincinnati/Jacksonville?  Hell, no.  Bengals are lucky (not really) to even get a Thursday night game.  The team is bad and the market is one of the smallest in the NFL.  Putting a team on TV in prime time doesn't help the Bengals a bit.  Actually, it makes it tougher due to compressed practice weeks.  You could say the NFL is doing the Bengals a favor by not making it harder on a poor performing team. 

27 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

He's pretty much the worst poster on this board. 

Not the worst but definately most negative poster..

Shame of it is Tibor could be a solid contributer to the group with his knowledge of the team and NFL..

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Not the worst but definately most negative poster..

Shame of it is Tibor could be a solid contributer to the group with his knowledge of the team and NFL..

There isn't a single post he's ever made that makes me believe that

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

There isn't a single post he's ever made that makes me believe that

Ive read his posts for over 15yrs on here and another site..

Hes a downer but every once in awhile he has made good points .

If you ask me which ones Id probably gave to go back a ways..

Wish he'd be informative instead of negative but thats his way I guess..

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Flex games are one of the things the league did right imho. 

Flexed games are great for the tv viewers but man, if I had tickets to a game and the time or (even worse) the day got changed I'd be pissed!

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He's pretty much the worst poster on this board. 

He's entertaining to me, but I'm grumpy most of the time too.  I like having a laugh now and then. 

Piece of truth in everything he says, even if you don't like it.

14 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Piece of truth in everything he says, even if you don't like it.

People just don’t like having it thrown up in their faces ad nauseam…pretty sure that’s all it comes down to. 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Yep...

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

People just don’t like having it thrown up in their faces ad nauseam…pretty sure that’s all it comes down to. 

You know there is a fix for this?

If the team actually wins for a change. 

If your team is going to stink, might as well find some humor in it.  The fact that John Ross' first touch as a Bengal was a lost fumble on a reverse just epitomizes his pathetic Bengal career and gives it a touch of humor. 

47 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

If your team is going to stink, might as well find some humor in it.  The fact that John Ross' first touch as a Bengal was a lost fumble on a reverse just epitomizes his pathetic Bengal career and gives it a touch of humor. 

Humor in it...

Havent you noticed your dark negative type of humor isnt going over too well here?

57 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

So...the answer was no..

27 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Humor in it...

Havent you noticed your dark negative type of humor isnt going over too well here?

Maybe not with the people that post 50 times a day.  How many people are you guys gonna run off?  All because you don't like the tone of what they post?  Ignore button works well. 

7 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Maybe not with the people that post 50 times a day.  How many people are you guys gonna run off?  All because you don't like the tone of what they post?  Ignore button works well. 

I asked a question..thats it..

Its up to each poster whether they stay or go..

Just now, claptonrocks said:

I asked a question..thats it..

Its up to each poster whether they stay or go..

When the guys that post the most gang up  on someone it can get pretty uncomfortable.  Tibs has never said anything personal to anyone that I can recall.   He just makes fun of the Bengals.  Just hit the ignore button if he bothers you that much.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

When the guys that post the most gang up  on someone it can get pretty uncomfortable.  Tibs has never said anything personal to anyone that I can recall.   He just makes fun of the Bengals.  Just hit the ignore button if he bothers you that much.

Ok

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Humor in it...

If anybody has noticed, I've actually done a better job in the last several months with toning down the negativity.

Then again, it's the off-season which is usually the most optimistic time for Bengal fans as they have the same record as anybody else.

It also helped that Andy Dullard is no longer with the team.  The fact that such a big game loser was praised by the fans in Cincinnati is just insane.   Last year people actually thought NE would make a play for him and go to the playoffs.  Comical.

18 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

...Last year people actually thought NE would make a play for him and go to the playoffs. 

Instead, they DIDN’T make a play for him and DIDN’T go to the playoffs.  Hmmmmm.

:ninja: 

Archived