2021 Off-season OTA/Mini-camp items/news etc

Bringing ALL the good news today:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31466861/cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-track-week-1-dr-neal-elattrache-says

"He's on track for full go for start of the season," ElAttrache, who operated on Burrow in December, wrote in a text. "He's doing all the work. He's worked his tail off and been an amazingly mature participant in his recovery. He's focused and great to work with."

"We are very happy with his recovery to say the least," ElAttrache said. "Notwithstanding the nature of his injury and extent of his reconstruction, his knee is performing perfectly.

"We just had him tested out here with a high-tech video and biomechanical evaluation and he was ahead of where we anticipated and well into the return to performance phase of his recovery. With him already performing this way, it's 'all systems go' for the start of the season."

Some great stuff here from Hobs on the players eagerness to get to OTAs rather than sit out like other teams are doing:

“”Also among "The Board," were Bates' fellow safety Vonn Bell, fellow 2018 draft pick Sam Hubbard, nose tackle D.J. Reader, wide receiver Tyler Boyd (who has the most Bengals games played on offense) and quarterback Joe Burrow, still rehabbing but chomping, as they say, at the bit. No doubt he remembers being unable to meet-and-greet his receivers last year until the last week in July.

"Joe was like, 'Hey man, I want to throw,'" says Bates, who also reached out to vets around the league for advice, such as workout partner Logan Ryan.

"We need to get a head start somehow just to get the standard back to where we want it to be. We really don't have a lot of old guys right now. The older guys are me, Sam, Vonn's only 26 … we're a whole new team almost."

When Taylor took the job in 2019, he vowed to be a transparent communicator and that's what Bates says he got as they worked through the concerns of both players and coaches.

"He was very understanding," Bates says. "Zac is young. He knows what's going on in the locker room. I was very happy with him and his understanding of different people's perspectives. Just having that open conversation with him. I think it would be lot different other places where somethings could have gone wrong."”

Good article from ol' Gee-Off. Barring the chance for some freak injury, I'm glad a lot of the guys are opting to attend practice. I understand the NFLPA wanting to protect these guys but we have a whole slew of new faces, coaches and players alike. Let's be real here, this was a 4 win team last year and they need to improve in a lot of areas. Any bit of cohesion each unit can gain from this we'll take.

Episode header for tonight's Locked On say that Burrow was throwing to Chase and Uzomah today. I haven't listened yet but had not seen that mentioned anywhere else today...

‎Locked On Bengals - Daily Podcast On The Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow throws to Ja'Marr Chase and CJ Uzomah, and revisiting the 2021 Bengals draft selections on Apple Podcasts

Archived