2021 Off-season OTA/Mini-camp items/news etc

One Down....

Bengals place LS Dan Godsil on Reserve/Retired list

John Sheeran  7 hrs ago

The Cincinnati Bengals today placed LS Dan Godsil on the Reserve/Retired list

Godsil, a first-year player out of Indiana University, originally signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a college free agent after the 2019 NFL Draft. After being waived by Tampa Bay, he signed with the Bengals as a free agent during the 2019 offseason. He went on to play in all four preseason games for Cincinnati.

Godsil was waived by Cincinnati on final cuts, and he was not with another team during the 2019 regular season. He re-joined the team after the season on a futures contract.

Late in the 2020 season, Godsil re-joined the Bengals’ practice squad when long snapper Clark Harris was in danger of missing a game due to illness. Godsil never had to play for Harris, but he was retained by the team in January on another futures contract, which featured a notable signing bonuscompared to other futures deals. 

With Godsil retiring, the Bengals’ roster currently stands at 85 active players.

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

Last week of voluntary OTAs this week -media will be back tomorrow.

Mandatory mini-camp is next week.

And then the break before training camp

Ugh, the real "dead time" in the NFL calendar is always brutal.

Sort of off-topic I guess, but I had been seeing some of these hats worn by the trainers/coaches in OTA videos/pics. I wasn't a fan of this year's Draft Hat design, but this one actually looks pretty cool. I like the old-school tiger striping behind the greyscale logo. I'd ultimately prefer the Tiger head logo though. Not a bucket-hat kinda guy either.
image.thumb.png.ef8d1a3de0135f63ff355e9c17355b7f.png

37 minutes ago, Griever said:

Ugh, the real "dead time" in the NFL calendar is always brutal.

It is, but really only five weeks - and that is broken up by July 4th weekend - helps to ease the gap (in my mind anyway). 

Archived