2021 Off-season OTA/Mini-camp items/news etc

I was going to comment that all the tweets were positive so they seemed biased. But I remembered they mentioned the other day on the radio that Jordan Love in the GB camp was only like 60% pass completions with NO DEFENDERS. Yikes. 

Training camp is usually the 'everything is great and everyone looks better' time of year.

Good to see JB on the field, but would have preferred video of Elizabeth Blackburn running the naked bootlegs...sorry, could not resist that one. 

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I was going to comment that all the tweets were positive so they seemed biased. But I remembered they mentioned the other day on the radio that Jordan Love in the GB camp was only like 60% pass completions with NO DEFENDERS. Yikes. 

Training camp is usually the 'everything is great and everyone looks better' time of year.

Good to see JB on the field,  

Tua 5 INTS yesterday. Cam apparently over-throwing the world yesterday. Burrow back in 7 on 7s already and 100% completions definitely is something we can feel good about. Not to mention that he is rolling out and moving so well on the knee already. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Tua 5 INTS yesterday. Cam apparently over-throwing the world yesterday. Burrow back in 7 on 7s already and 100% completions definitely is something we can feel good about. Not to mention that he is rolling out and moving so well on the knee already. 

5 int’s in a practice? Tank for Tua

Bengals' Darrin Simmons reveals frontrunner for punt-return job

June 16, 2021 6:28 pm ET

Cincinnati Bengals special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons had a meeting with the media this week in the wake of mandatory minicamp.

In that meeting, Simmons — also the assistant head coach — threw out some interesting tidbits about where things stand for the roster.

One of those tidbits pertained to the battle going down between weapons hoping to return punts next season.

According to ESPN’s Ben Baby, Simmons said wideout Trent Taylor is currently the frontrunner for the gig. That’s probably what the team had expected when bringing Taylor aboard after losing names like Giovani Bernard and Alex Erickson this offseason.

That said, Simmons also threw out undrafted free agent Pooka Williams as a possibility — and he’s already drawn praise for learning the role in camps.

So while Taylor has a grip on the job right now, Pooka and names like Darius Phillips will be hot on his heels all summer before the roster gets trimmed down.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't see any camp practice details available yet. I think I had read that practices will be open to the public once again as before Covid with the major difference that no autographs allowed this year due to protocols. 

41 minutes ago, Griever said:

Caught this tidbit in Hobson's Choice yesterday:

image.png.5106cff3f986ddd138474a335980626a.png

Yeah, saw that too. It's just that the Bengals usually do a family day thing more like a week into camp - the Saturday before their first exhibition game. So, traditionally, that would be the following weekend, not July 31. Not that the idea is bad, but July 31 they will have just started practices - seems like a weird time for a bells and whistles kinda event. 

22 hours ago, membengal said:

10 days of much needed vacation in my rear-view mirror. Looks like generally slow news during that time around the team. Players report in 3 weeks. Close now.

20 days from today until they report...we can do it!

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

"We" as in the team or "We" as in the board without trolling and bad mouthing the shit our of one another

and losing more good posters?

Just referring to making it through the brutal dead time between OTA's and actual training camp. Funny considering the NFL has a hold on nearly the entire calendar, so this 1 month stretch feels brutal. No real news, no press conferences, analysts/beat-writers manufacturing articles and stories out of nothing, etc. Hey, at least nothing about any injuries or arrests to key players so that's good!

Definitely don't like to see posters leave. I like this board, and check it multiple times a day. Any time I see a bolded topic, I look forward to reading someone's input. This place is great when there is a lot of traffic, a lot of varying viewpoints.

There has been a lot of losing in recent years so it is unsurprising that attendance has dwindled and tempers flare occasionally. Hopefully the Bengals start putting shit together and we all have a winning team to cheer for soon.

Archived