2021 Off-season OTA/Mini-camp items/news etc

If you haven't listened yet, Matt Minich's conversation w/ Malik Wright on Minich's chalk talk pod this week is REALLY a good listen. Malik said at one point that the issue with some of the departed vets on defense wasn't that they didn't buy into LouA, it was that they never gave him a chance. Lingering resentment over Marvin's departure etc. Given that Malik has been pretty spot on w/ sources this off-season, it was an interesting note. Gave me a sliver of hope that LouA really can make strides now that he has turned over that room and everyone there now should be bought into his plan. Hope it is a good plan, LouA definitely out of excuses now.

On 7/8/2021 at 7:51 PM, membengal said:

1. Bengals

2. Ravens

3. Stealers

4. Browns

I'd swap the bottom two. Browns stood pat while Stealers likely got worse. They added Najee Harris and that's about it. Meanwhile they lost Conner, Villanueva, Pouncey, DeCastro, and Feiler. 

Beyond that, they are doing a lottery for free tickets for practices the following weekend. Reading between the lines, that means the other practices will be closed to the public and unless you are lucky for Aug 7th and 8th, the only chance to see a practice will be July 31. That's disappointing, as usually the entirety of camp is open to the public to watch. Probably a vestige of Covid - altho  Seattle announced today that they will have 12 days of camp open to their fans...

8 hours ago, membengal said:

Beyond that, they are doing a lottery for free tickets for practices the following weekend. Reading between the lines, that means the other practices will be closed to the public and unless you are lucky for Aug 7th and 8th, the only chance to see a practice will be July 31. That's disappointing, as usually the entirety of camp is open to the public to watch. Probably a vestige of Covid - altho  Seattle announced today that they will have 12 days of camp open to their fans...

Seattle has almost 70% of their population vaccinated, while Ohio is less than 50%.

• 2 weeks later...

Old (but excellent) thread and probably ancient history but I guess I missed (or had forgotten)

this factoid.

The Arizona Cardinals waived defensive lineman Ryan Bee and they placed safety Shawn Williams on the non-football injury list.

Williams signed this offseason as a free agent after eight years with the Cincinnati Bengals. What injury he has is not known, nor the severity. However, he will continue to count against the offseason roster. There will not be a roster replacement for him.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:50 PM, Jamie_B said:

I wish we would keep it out of Science, but I digress.....

That's hilarious, seeing how people just say "Science" to back up their political view point and expect their opposition to say "OK, you're right.". While at the same time, they ignore science that supports opposing view points. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

That's hilarious, seeing how people just say "Science" to back up their political view point and expect their opposition to say "OK, you're right.". While at the same time, they ignore science that supports opposing view points. 

Well seeing as today we were ordered that even vaccinated people have to wear masks, throughout our agency, even when our agency is 95% vaccinated, I'm just going to say ..... sure buddy.

Good people on both sides and all.....

Archived