Burrow Fully on Track for Return Week 1

HeFJvIe9_x96.jpg

Just wrapped our Zoom with Joe Burrow after he returned to practice. Going to drop the high points in the thread here.

1. Primary point, says knee is 80-85%. Next step is getting fully comfortable with movement and off-platform throws. Basic throwing is as strong as ever.

2. Burrow not ruling out the preseason, as was his initial thought in this process. Could do a few series to knock some rust off, but will be a decision for a much later time.

10 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Is it just me, or are Joe's teeth suddenly BLINDLY WHITE???  Also, potentially "new".  Did he get veneers or something?

Lol, it was definitely noticed by the press too. Kinda strange because after all the Joe Burrow press conferences I've watched, I never would have said his teeth were jacked up

19 hours ago, kennethmw said:

You do realize he tore his left ACL twice, right?

I do now (2nd tear was in 2014)....actually, "Palmer engineered what many considered his best season by recording 35 touchdowns to 11 interceptions and was 13–3 as starter through the 2015 season", so that's even more encouraging. 

20 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Also, potentially "new".  Did he get veneers or something?

Looks like a full set of porcelain veneers. 

Maybe he thought, "new knee, new teeth, new me".

His teeth seemed fine before, but if the man who will bring Cincy the Lombardi wants a brighter smile, he deserves it. 

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

So... from what I'm reading I take it you like this guy. 

Definitely. His injury was like watching my own son get hurt, and I don't even have kids. 😜 Ruined my mood for a month. 

All sports fandom are a irrational vicarious distraction of course, but it's nice when you can root for someone that you genuinely appreciate as a person (not just an athlete).

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Definitely. His injury was like watching my own son get hurt, and I don't even have kids. 😜 Ruined my mood for a month. 

All sports fandom are a irrational vicarious distraction of course, but it's nice when you can root for someone that you genuinely appreciate as a person (not just an athlete).

You think you felt that pain?  That happened on my BIRTHDAY! :machinegunyellow:🎂

6 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Joe Burrow is the personification of Cool..

Nothing whatsoever to dislike about the QB prodigy...

On 5/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, membengal said:

Well....since JB clearly believes in ZT, then...stands to reason you believe in ZT if you believe in JB.

There is no way the Bengals will succeed if the QB doesn’t believe in the HC. Burrow is smart and knows that.  He has to buy in to succeed.  One thing I’ve noticed with great sports leaders is they are 100% behind their guys until they aren’t.  

That doesn’t apply to fans.  Taylor hasn’t shown me much so far.  Hopefully with a room full of “his guys” will lead to some success.  

On 5/26/2021 at 9:13 AM, Griever said:

Lol, it was definitely noticed by the press too. Kinda strange because after all the Joe Burrow press conferences I've watched, I never would have said his teeth were jacked up

Aaron Rodgers had his teeth done right after his rookie yr too

Archived