Joe Burrow and Super Bowls

Super Joe  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many Super Bowls will the Bengals win with Joe Burrow at QB?

• 0, and we never make it
    • 0, but we get there at least once
    • 3 or more

So with the way QBs are playing into their 40s nowadays, that gives us almost two decades worth of football from Burrow. He's 24 now, so lets make it easy and say he has until he's 40 (16 years). I certainly hope that if he turns out to be Elite as we all think he will, we can win at least one.

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Bengals would have won the Superbowl on the Kimo year I believe. 

From then on, it was downhill. 

Nah man, our defense wasn’t good enough to win that year. They lived and died by creating turnovers.  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Nah man, our defense wasn’t good enough to win that year. They lived and died by creating turnovers.  

People always seem to forget that Jon Kitna gained TWO 10-point leads during the Kimo Game, and that defense couldn’t hold either. 

19 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

People always seem to forget that Jon Kitna gained TWO 10-point leads during the Kimo Game, and that defense couldn’t hold either. 

Agreed.   They were starting Wasteverharn and Ohehateme at safety that game.  A big play was the botched FG early in the second half.  If they made that, they go up 20-14 and then the next 2 Stiller TDs would not have made it a two score game.

Marvin playoff games are full of these crappy moments:

1. Botched FG against Stillers - fail to go up 20-14

2. Gio fumble - fail to go up 14-7

3. Benson goes for 150 yards, but Garbage Graham screws up two easy kicks

4. Hill fumble.  Enuff said

20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Bengals would have won the Superbowl on the Kimo year I believe. 

From then on, it was downhill. 

No.  That defense could only get stops by turnovers. I don’t think we would have beaten the Colts. 

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

Just now, Jason said:

No.  That defense could only get stops by turnovers. I don’t think we would have beaten the Colts. 

Great minds think alike. 

11 hours ago, spicoli said:

Most times a key turnover makes a huge difference. Never say never. 

While true, it can’t be the entire basis of your defense.  Gotta be able to make an actual 3rd down stop once in awhile.  Pittspuke had zero turnovers in that game.  

On 5/31/2021 at 8:31 AM, SF2 said:

While true, it can’t be the entire basis of your defense.  Gotta be able to make an actual 3rd down stop once in awhile.  Pittspuke had zero turnovers in that game.  

They intercepted Favre 5 times and barely won that game.  Their defense was garbage. 

Archived