Have we done enough?

9 hours ago, membengal said:

Literally, the Bengals were the only NFL team w/ 100% attendance at volunataries - so 3 weeks of practices at full squad. Then a 10th to start mandatory - except - they've pretty much already had 3 weeks of mandatories - and then you want to whine about them missing one more non-contact practice and a half-speed walkthrough - for a team that is within a few players of hitting the 85% threshold for vax that would give them a competitive advantage over a lot of other teams the rest of the year if they get there and the two days free were to push them to that mark. I mean, ok. You are definitely not big mad. 

Sipping Kermit The Frog GIF

Have we done enough? I feel like parents getting ready to send their first born off to college where alcohol, drugs & slutty girls await. 

Yes I'm worried. Yes I'm scared. But we must enter this new chapter in our lives confident we've done all we could do and Joe comes back to us in one piece and with no venereal diseases. 

44 minutes ago, saphead said:

Have we done enough? I feel like parents getting ready to send their first born off to college where alcohol, drugs & slutty girls await. 

Yes I'm worried. Yes I'm scared. But we must enter this new chapter in our lives confident we've done all we could do and Joe comes back to us in one piece and with no venereal diseases. 

Sign me up!!

18 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

1 missed practice from the only team that had 100% participation. 

methinks thou protest too much

It's not about turnout for offseason workouts, it's about patching the holes on the roster and coaching staff. 

What's your expectation for wins in 2021? My guess is 6-7 which would be better than the last 2 years but still not very good. Do you expect to make the playoffs, ie win 11 or more games?

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

It's not about turnout for offseason workouts, it's about patching the holes on the roster and coaching staff. 

What's your expectation for wins in 2021? My guess is 6-7 which would be better than the last 2 years but still not very good. Do you expect to make the playoffs, ie win 11 or more games?

Which really has nothing to do with whether they have a extra practice or not.

I think this team will be fighting for the final playoff spot. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Which really has nothing to do with whether they have a extra practice or not.

I think this team will be fighting for the final playoff spot. 

If the O-line and defense can be “league average”, I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

We had 5 games where we were either tied or lost by 3 points. 

Keep the 4 wins we had, add in 5 additional wins, and this is a 9 win team and fighting for the final playoff spot. (Keeping in mind there is a extra playoff spot now)

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Don Meredith once said, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas."

It will be a big leap to league average.  However, IF the line attains the average we could actually win a playoff game.

On 6/22/2021 at 9:51 AM, membengal said:

Literally, the Bengals were the only NFL team w/ 100% attendance at volunataries - so 3 weeks of practices at full squad. 

This is unsubstantiated. 

You can't spell. 

I linked the definition of that word for you. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unsubstantiated

10 hours ago, Numbers said:

Don Meredith once said, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas."

It will be a big leap to league average.  However, IF the line attains the average we could actually win a playoff game.

We replaced our 3 worst linemen from last season and improved the coach.  A big leap is possible.  Honestly, I'm more "worried" about the defense than I am the o-line.

19 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

This is unsubstantiated. 

You can't spell. 

I linked the definition of that word for you. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unsubstantiated

Big. Mad. Sorry typing on a phone I mis-typed a word while in a hurry. You’re the best. Locate me and hoard/lap (which is where I heard this) one other NFL team that had a full house 100% attendance at three weeks of voluntary camps. 

done enough for what? Win the super bowl? Make the playoffs and win a game? Have a winning season? Improve to 7 or so wins? What’s the parameters of the question? 

bengals have likely improved. They’ve made some obvious additions that should help at areas of need. They need to finally get some better luck on injuries, ZT needs to actually show on-field results that pay-off the buy-in he’s gotten from his players and the front office, and those same players have to walk the walk. 

could they have done more? Sure. Literally every team could have. They could have made different choices on additions and a million other things. But, and this hasn’t always been the case, they clearly have a plan. Is it gonna work? For once, I am genuinely curious and a little hopeful. Probably that’s rooted in the comeback of QB1.

I don’t feel like fighting, I don’t appreciate your stooping to stupid passive aggressive shit like complaining about a mis-typed word, or you calling me stupid in the above post, but I will let it go. 

Seriously, what happened to you? The Sewell thing your breaking point? Sorry they took chase after you spent four months melting down two boards and Twitter on this. I still think they made the right call. We shall see. Hope you find some joy again in following the team. 

peace.

Aaron 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Big. Mad. Sorry typing on a phone I mis-typed a word while in a hurry. You’re the best. Locate me and hoard/lap (which is where I heard this) one other NFL team that had a full house 100% attendance at three weeks of voluntary camps. 

done enough for what? Win the super bowl? Make the playoffs and win a game? Have a winning season? Improve to 7 or so wins? What’s the parameters of the question? 

bengals have likely improved. They’ve made some obvious additions that should help at areas of need. They need to finally get some better luck on injuries, ZT needs to actually show on-field results that pay-off the buy-in he’s gotten from his players and the front office, and those same players have to walk the walk. 

could they have done more? Sure. Literally every team could have. They could have made different choices on additions and a million other things. But, and this hasn’t always been the case, they clearly have a plan. Is it gonna work? For once, I am genuinely curious and a little hopeful. Probably that’s rooted in the comeback of QB1.

I don’t feel like fighting, I don’t appreciate your stooping to stupid passive aggressive shit like complaining about a mid-typed word, or you calling me stupid in the above post, but I will let it go. 

Seriously, what happened to you? The Sewell thing your breaking point? Sorry they took chase after you spent four months melting down two boards and Twitter on this. I still think they made the right call. We shall see. Hope you find some joy again in following the team. 

peace.

Aaron 

I 100% guarantee that this topic would not have even been posted if we went the other way on that.

32 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This thread was fine until someone decided to ridicule the original poster.  When the thread devolves into a feces throwing contest the person that started it blames the OP. 

“Don’t blame me.”

8F1812CA-FA16-4E7C-8A5E-D94338A6D0B4.jpeg.3bbd5f991d1cd361d92f214c975cc40c.jpeg

4 hours ago, Cricket said:

“Don’t blame me.”

8F1812CA-FA16-4E7C-8A5E-D94338A6D0B4.jpeg.3bbd5f991d1cd361d92f214c975cc40c.jpeg

Ha!  I’ve been part of plenty of skirmishes around here, so

I suppose I live in a glass house.  Trying to learn from my mistakes.  None the less…pretty accurate description of how

most threads end up this way.  

On 6/24/2021 at 6:53 AM, membengal said:

I don’t feel like fighting, I don’t appreciate your stooping to stupid passive aggressive shit like complaining about a mis-typed word, or you calling me stupid in the above post, but I will let it go. 

peace.

Aaron 

You think Hoard Lap went around and looked at every other team to determine this. Lap said it. He is Hyperbolic by nature and didn't really know. You ran with it because it fits your narrative. 

Done enough at each position. That's why there are positional breakdowns in the original thread you dolt. 

You don't feel like fighting? That's all you do. That's who you are. It's part of your identity. You are playing the victim after being the aggressor. It's typical for you. It's why I had you blocked here before you disappeared and why I have you blocked on twitter. You don't add anything to the conversation, you don't conversate. You just poke and run and then ask why someone chased you. 

And you show your true self in your final sentence. The last two statements for you couldn't be more dichotomous. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dichotomous

On 6/24/2021 at 8:09 AM, Jamie_B said:

I 100% guarantee that this topic would not have even been posted if we went the other way on that.

Sure it would. I didn't even mention Sewell in the breakdown of each position. 

I understand being too busy so as not to read entire posts. I don't understand the desire to comment on them if you haven't read them. 

22 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

This thread was fine until someone decided to ridicule the original poster.  When the thread devolves into a feces throwing contest the person that started it blames the OP. 

Exactly. It's a bully mentality. The Bully claims victimhood as soon as it's pointed out how ridiculous they are being. 

Archived