Have we done enough?

So if X is a troll

And a troll's object it to get attention

Why has this entire thread been turned into a thread about X?

I don't advocate for the banning of anyone on here.

Well, not exactly true... Some fan of another team who comes to talk shit and bash our Bengals is ban on sight (site?)

I just skim or skip what they post, don't reply (via "Don't Feed the Animals")

and get on with it.

IMH and personal O they are usually somewhere on a scale between amusing and pathetic.

I can't wait for opening day kickoff.

Or at the very least (least?) training camp and preseason competition

to shape the 2021 Bengals who I think are going to be spectacular

and grossly underrated by the media suck ups and therest of the NFL 

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Then, what is it? 

And don’t say “differences of opinions”, as you bellyached as much about T-Dub as you do Tibor. 

I belly ache about T-Dubb's shitposting while saying he is an otherwise valueable poster. I don't know that Tibor has really anything to offer.

Nuance. 

33 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I belly ache about T-Dubb's shitposting while saying he is an otherwise valueable poster. I don't know that Tibor has really anything to offer.

Nuance. 

Nuance is another word for “make what is said fit anywhere”. 

T-Dub departed because of the collective groupthink badgering him over the potential Sewell drafting…once Chase became the Holy Child. It never abated, and did become “attacking the poster”—or was it “nuance”? 

Because I know Tibor personally—and because I know his Bengal fandom to be every bit as real as any ad infinitum rants to the contrary—I also know that groupthink will not drive him away. 

What did Mike Tyson once say: “ If you don’t like what I’m saying, turn off your station”? 

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Nuance is another word for “make what is said fit anywhere”. 

T-Dub departed because of the collective groupthink badgering him over the potential Sewell drafting…once Chase became the Holy Child. It never abated, and did become “attacking the poster”—or was it “nuance”? 

Because I know Tibor personally—and because I know his Bengal fandom to be every bit as real as any ad infinitum rants to the contrary—I also know that groupthink will not drive him away. 

What did Mike Tyson once say: “ If you don’t like what I’m saying, turn off your station”? 

Except that it's not.

T-Dubb departed because Go called him on the shitposting as well. Had Go not said anything I guarantee you he'd still be here shitposting, and I would still be complaining about it.  But sure. your version of events. 

I know a number of folks on this board too, so what? 

Your implicit bias for your friend out of the way, ultimately the board mods have to make decisions on things like this. When more than one person here is telling you he drives people away, they have to make the decision on what is best for the overall health of the board. That isn't really a group think issue, group think has far more to do with if everyone is saying the same things about the team, they are not, there is plenty of healthy discussion and healthy disagreement, your friend offers neither.  The question for the mods to answer is what is not healthy and drives away other members?

I believe what he said was "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" 

38 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Except that it's not.

Your implicit bias for your friend out of the way, ultimately the board mods have to make decisions on things like this. When more than one person here is telling you he drives people away, they have to make the decision on what is best for the overall health of the board. That isn't really a group think issue, group think has far more to do with if everyone is saying the same things about the team, they are not, there is plenty of healthy discussion and healthy disagreement, your friend offers neither.  The question for the mods to answer is what is not healthy and drives away other members?

Or, the mods stick to the rules of the board, and ignore people who want to bully some off the site. 

Yeah, T-Dub got pretty feisty when you and a few others ganged up on him.  Go addressed his actions, but it wasn’t all T-Dub’s fault.  It takes two (or 3 or 4) to tango. 

I like your football posts, but this deciding who belongs and who does not stuff is not good.  

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Or, the mods stick to the rules of the board, and ignore people who want to bully some off the site. 

Yeah, T-Dub got pretty feisty when you and a few others ganged up on him.  Go addressed his actions, but it wasn’t all T-Dub’s fault.  It takes two (or 3 or 4) to tango. 

I like your football posts, but this deciding who belongs and who does not stuff is not good.  

T-Dub was not a victim, nor was there "bullying" that's comical. I say that and I like the guy.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Except that it's not.

T-Dubb departed because Go called him on the shitposting as well. Had Go not said anything I guarantee you he'd still be here shitposting, and I would still be complaining about it.  But sure. your version of events. 

I know a number of folks on this board too, so what? 

I believe what he said was "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" 

How the devil do you know who gets “driven away”? Is there a quantifiable number?

And do not come across with the “people have complained”. Without data, this is all speculative. And, if the data is only random “mods, make it go away” posts—that does not speak for majority…especially if others do not post one way or the other. 

Possibility that your side of groupthink doesn’t cancel people from posting at all? Two sides to a coin?  

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

How the devil do you know who gets “driven away”? Is there a quantifiable number?

And do not come across with the “people have complained”. Without data, this is all speculative. And, if the data is only random “mods, make it go away” posts—that does not speak for majority…especially if others do not post one way or the other. 

Possibility that your side of groupthink doesn’t cancel people from posting at all? Two sides to a coin?  

I mean I'm not the only person who has said such. 

Oh and hard eyeroll at the "cancel" comment.

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I mean I'm not the only person who has said such. 

Oh and hard eyeroll at the "cancel" comment.

Oh sure, now let’s deflect to “cancel culture doesn’t exist”. Do you believe in non-sequiturs, or is that conspiracy theory also? 

BTW: Tibor can speak for himself. So did T-Dub. So did Rick. That 2 of the 3 no longer post, that is a quantifiable “driving away”. I have posted more in this thread than I have in a year. I have no reasons as to why—but groupthink is a tangible element. 

19 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Oh sure, now let’s deflect to “consequence culture doesn’t exist”. Do you believe in non-sequiturs, or is that conspiracy theory also? 

BTW: Tibor can speak for himself. So did T-Dub. So did Rick. That 2 of the 3 no longer post, that is a quantifiable “driving away”. I have posted more in this thread than I have in a year. I have no reasons as to why—but groupthink is a tangible element. 

FIFY

Also spare me the need to white knight two of the three of those guys. Rick is the only one of the 3 of them that was not causing issues. The other two are not victims of some imaginary group think "cancel" culture. 

You have the option to “Fix” posts, because the software allows you. But…you are not “fixing” for me. Live in your own world—alternate as it may be. Leave my fucking posts alone. 

And you have more non-related responses than any living human could possibly counter—unless they are some programmed bot. There are not enough goalposts in existence that could be moved that much

Fine, I could bring up Scharm—or is just being your definition of a “good guy” the disclaimer? 

And—your definition—wouldn’t the gang pile-on Earl describes, “drive people away”? 

Look Jamie, I have no quarrel with you. Please have your final response, and we’ll call it a day. We’ll have other battlefields to fight on—likely on different sides—much more important than the NFL or Go-Bengals. 

Just now, Le Tigre said:

You have the option to “Fix” posts, because the software allows you. But…you are not “fixing” for me. Live in your own world—alternate as it may be. Leave my fucking posts alone. 

And you have more non-related responses than any living human could possibly counter—unless they are some programmed bot. There are not enough goalposts in existence that could be moved that much

Fine, I could bring up Scharm—or is just being your definition of a “good guy” the disclaimer? 

And—your definition—wouldn’t the gang pile-on Earl describes, “drive people away”? 

Look Jamie, I have no quarrel with you. Please have your final response, and we’ll call it a day. We’ll have other battlefields to fight on—likely on different sides—much more important than the NFL or Go-Bengals. 

I'll do as I please thank you. 

No, Scharm is of the same Ilk as T-Dubb, a fine poster when he isn't shitposting. I honestly do not understand how you don't see the difference here. 

I have no quarrel with you either I just would prefer this board be productive in their discussions of various topics rather than having one or two guys bring everything to a griding halt. It's much more fun to have friendly disagreements about the direction of this team rather than having to read "OMG WTFBBQ THIS TEAM SUCKS BECUSAE THEY DIDNT DRAFT THE GUY I FELL IN LOVE WITH!!!!!!11111eleven" or  "LOLZ POINT AND LAUGH AT THAT GUY FUCKING UP OUR CHANCE AT EVER BEING A WINNING FRANCHISE....LOLZZZZZZZZ"

That stuff really has nothing to offer of any value. 

I have seen nothing that would warrant anything close to a timeout or warning on this thread.  Westin started a perfectly good thread.  People posted their own opinions.  Nothing new here or on any team board.   

BTW, the idea T-Dub was bullied out of here is rather laughable.  He might have simply decided to do something different.  Covid has done this to many people.   

Have we done enough?   If we make the playoffs and win one fucking playoff game I will call this season a success.  It’s Zac’s 3rd year, better see serious improvement out of the gate especially on defense.  

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I can’t believe how stupid this thread has become. And all over a fucking troll 😆

Nice work fellas 👍

Who is the troll?  If you say membengal because he wrote Big Mad, meh that is like a 1 on a scale of 10 here.  Team Weed vs Team Eeyore was way worse than that and that wasn’t bad. 

Dalton lovers vs Haters circa 2014-15 was WAY worse.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Who is the troll?  If you say membengal because he wrote Big Mad, meh that is like a 1 on a scale of 10 here.  Team Weed vs Team Eeyore was way worse than that and that wasn’t bad. 

Dalton lovers vs Haters circa 2014-15 was WAY worse.  

Team Weed vs. Team Eeyore?  So sorry I missed that!

50 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Team Weed vs. Team Eeyore?  So sorry I missed that!

Thinking right after the San Diego playoff loss. Team Weed were the guys who thought we were close and next year was it, just needed a few more pieces.  

Team Eeyore thought we were cursed by the Gods, Mike Brown is Satan, and there was no hope.   Mostly split along the Dalton can win vs Dalton is utter garbage crowds.  Us “get off my lawn types”  were mostly Eeyore fans. 

28 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Thinking right after the San Diego playoff loss. Team Weed were the guys who thought we were close and next year was it, just needed a few more pieces.  

Team Eeyore thought we were cursed by the Gods, Mike Brown is Satan, and there was no hope.   Mostly split along the Dalton can win vs Dalton is utter garbage crowds.  Us “get off my lawn types”  were mostly Eeyore fans. 

I was thinking Team Eeyore were the posters you described.  I thought Team Weed were the posters who said “Fuck it.  Get high!”

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I was thinking Team Eeyore were the posters you described.  I thought Team Weed were the posters who said “Fuck it.  Get high!”

Actually, we called them Team Weed because we thought they were high thinking Mike and Marvin would get it done.  

And I admit Eeyore pretty much summed up the cursed sourpuss crowd.  I think T-Dub even had a gif of Eeyore or Winne the Poo saying f this,  and then his soul floated away.  It was beautiful.  

Just now, SF2 said:

Actually, we called them Team Weed because we thought they were high thinking Mike and Marvin would get it done.  

And I admit Eeyore pretty much summed up the cursed sourpuss crowd.  I think T-Dub even had a gif of Eeyore saying f this, killing himself and then his soul floated away.  It was beautiful.  

Haha.  Hilarious in retrospect.  I'm sure there were some pissed off posters at the time.  Much like I would have been....on Team Eeyore.  Every time the Bengals crap their pants my anger with Mike Brown reappears and grows. 

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Haha.  Hilarious in retrospect.  I'm sure there were some pissed off posters at the time.  Much like I would have been....on Team Eeyore.  Every time the Bengals crap their pants my anger with Mike Brown reappears and grows. 

It didn’t help having Go do a flyby occasionally and drop Napalm on the Dalton fans. It was funny though.  

Pittsburgh happened then we started losing. Some truly horrible early draft picks didn’t help either.  

25 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

But you wouldn’t have been a troll. I know that for a fact. 

Archived